QOTD November 24

Question of the Day

QOTD November 24

Postby DeniseM » Nov 24th, '15, 10:20 am

Did you date much when you were younger?

I am not embarrassed to admit that I was a bit of a wild girl and had lots and lots of men in my life. I learned a lot and have no regrets. I was ready to settle down when I met Bill and we have a good marriage. I don't think my experiences have harmed me or my relationship with my husband in anyway! I appreciate him so much.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD November 24

Postby jjflair » Nov 24th, '15, 10:54 am

I didn't when I was in high school--I wanted to, but in retrospect was clearly too immature. It was always drama for me when I needed to drum up a date for the big dances. And, my dad made it worse by making fun of whoever I took. (Afterward, when I would look at the photos. I NEVER let my parents meet the dates, would always get ready at friends' houses to go. Mike was the first guy he made fun of in a "positive" way--about how handsome he is, rather how dorky. :( )

So, I cut loose in college. I have had a few regrets, but forgave myself long ago, and know that everything I learned was an important ingredient in finding my perfect match. Mike and I have a wonderful marriage and life together. And, don't let the good looks fool ya--he's a dorky goofball at his core! Take that, Dad!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Nov 24th, '15, 12:00 pm

I dated my high school sweetheart for seven years. I was devastated when we broke up. Then I dated a few guys before I met John. At that point, I was so thankful for all those unanswered prayers to get back together with mister high school. I can't imagine my life without John in it!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 24th, '15, 12:25 pm

I've never been on a date.
My first boyfriend was when I was 15. He was my Mum's friend's son. We lived in Germany and they were an Irish family, so us kids all hung out together. We just naturally grew fond of each other and it just went from there.
We split when were 19, when my parents split and I suddenly moved to England before I was 18. It was so hard trying to be together, we didn't even have a home phone.
I then got together with the kids Dad. He lived an hour away and was a sales rep in my aunts healthfood store where I helped out. He'd take me out for lunch when he came to the store.
I hated living with my Mum. A few weeks later my Dad moved to the US taking my little sister and I asked if I could move in with him. He said yes and the rest is history.

Sorry for the long story, but no dates for me :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby iskawire » Nov 24th, '15, 12:38 pm

Lots of dating here. Plenty of good lessons learned and things that make me appreciate Jarad more (especially husband number 1). But I wouldn't change it and I don't hate the ex (no kids with him). I haven't the energy for that. I have let it go and I just try to be where I am now.
Iska Wire
Houston, TX
iskawire
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jbonomo » Nov 24th, '15, 1:35 pm

Denise, you make me laugh! That is the story of my life......shy and introverted in high school and no dates but WILD in my 20's. Met lots of men on the ski slopes, dealing days (blackjack, craps, roulette), travel, country western dancing...settled down in mid-30's. Yes, a late bloomer. Sigh....one regret, no kids.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Nov 24th, '15, 6:32 pm

Dating you say or courting as my parents would say!! I wanted to be wild but there was little opportunity living miles and miles away from anything resembling a town. There was a neighbor boy, 4 miles away who was quite fond of me and tried desperately to convince me that I should be his gal. After experiencing the constant work on the farm I made a conscious decision around age 15 never to marry a farmer and he was a farmer's son and would eventually take over his Dad's farm.
Chapter 2 -- university life! I did kick up my heels a bit when I moved to Alberta to go to uni. I managed to keep my head above water with my grades and still party. By my third year though, I was pretty much done with the party scene!! And really the guys seemed all the same then, none of them really caught my attention. I didn't marry till I was 31.
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandyK » Nov 24th, '15, 8:06 pm

I didn't really date much. Had a few but nothin ot write about. No regrets. Met Mr.K at 17 and the rest is history :)
MandyK
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 24th, '15, 9:42 pm

I didn't date until I met my first husband at 19. Less than a year later we were married. Oh impulsive youth....
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby jessi lute » Nov 25th, '15, 8:00 am

i dated a bit in high school...
there were a couple of boys between gr. 10 and 12
after high school, i got a bit lost and wild between 17 and 18 when attending college.
i met jay when i was 19 and we've been together ever since.

but i agree, denise...i 'sowed a lot of wild oats" before meeting jay but i don't think it's hampered my relationship with him
i don't regret it nor am i embarrassed by my past...
i think it's part of who i am and i learned a lot about myself during those years.
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby DeniseM » Nov 25th, '15, 9:17 am

Thanks ladies, I love hearing your stories.
What I like is that we can all be so different but accepting of one another.
:)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD