Merry Christmas Chat

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Merry Christmas Chat

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 24th, '16, 5:04 am

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!!
I hope you are enjoying the festivities already.
What are you up to over the holidays?

We are just heading out the door.
We are visiting my Mum for a couple of hours and then my sister and then picking my brother up from work at 5pm.
He's staying with us for a couple of nights.

We should have left already.
Just about sums up Christmas for us so far.
We haven't stopped. It's been the busiest ever.

Have lots of fun :) :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Merry Christmas Chat

Postby DeniseM » Dec 24th, '16, 11:15 am

Hello ladies!! I have missed everyone. Just read through the weeks chat.
I hope everyone is celebrating with family and trying to just be present in this special time.
I had a very busy and long week to finish up my clients for the year and get their homes ready for Christmas and the New Year. It was a haul for sure!

I am off now for a week except for the early morning office on Tuesday!
Lots to do today but I love it. It's what I do for a living and now I get to do it for myself. All the presents are wrapped and ready. Bill and I did that this week in his shop that is now in our garage. It was so easy with his big table saw table that is waist high. He on one side, me on the other. Beats wrapping on a bed or the floor! We listened to Christmas carols and had a glass of wine. maybe two glasses! ;)

I am off to bake and clean my house and prepare the calamari for tonight.
I have such a lovely feeling this year. My boys are both home, we are so fortunate to be healthy and although we don't have a lot, we have more than enough. There is definitely uncertainty in the coming year but I am remaining hopeful.

I do hope everyone stays healthy through the holidays. I wish you all the Happiest of Christmas's or Holidays. Whatever we celebrate, we celebrate together!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 24th, '16, 6:01 pm

Denise, that sounds like fun wrapping together :)
I'm glad you are all together.
It must be such a lovely feeling going to bed knowing you are 4 again.
Have a wonderful time.

My brother is here now and I feel like I have the 3 kids that I always wanted.
We've already laughed so much and I've already managed to pee myself twice.

Happy Christmas!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Dec 26th, '16, 5:25 pm

Lisa I am so glad you have had such a fun Christmas!

Ours was lovely to! Today is sunny and a nice lazy day with nothing to do!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Dec 28th, '16, 5:52 am

I'm glad you had a fun Christmas Lisa!

Denise, I love the photos from your walks! So beautiful! We have no snow and boring weather, but we've had a nice Christmas.

We first celebrated with J's brothers + families. We stayed away for one night only and then had my brother and his family over to our house yesterday. Did I tell you that my brother is expecting twins??? Their two kids are 2 years and 3,5 years and they'll soon have 4 kids under the age of 4!!! :) :)

I have this week off and go back to work on Wednesday the 4th. Today I'm planning to clean and sort in the kitchen. We're trying to get rid of the piles of paper and crap that gets stuck on the kitchen table and hopefully we'll be able to arrange them in a corner of my scrap room instead. *wish me luck* :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Dec 28th, '16, 12:05 pm

Hello!!

We had a lovely and quiet Christmas with Mike's parents visiting for the week. They left this morning, and it is always so hard to say goodbye. I really lucked out with great in-laws. <3

Sounds like you all are enjoying the holidays! Lisa, I am cracking up that you've laughed till you've wee'd. :) I can also go from LOL to PMP (peed my pants) with a good laugh. Ok with family, but so embarrassing with friends! My mom and my sister are the same.

Now to clean up and get ready for New Years Eve. Hoping to host a little get together here with some friends and strays. :) Last year we played Cards Against Humanity. Such awful fun! >:D :D :o
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Dec 28th, '16, 7:03 pm

Hello!

FF Lisa.....you crack me up. Love it when I laugh so hard that I can't control myself.

Good to see you Denise, Anna and Lisa from So. Calif!

SIL was here for 7 days, Matt arrived Sat and we hosted Xmas Eve, Xmas Day and a small wine & cheese with our bike friends the day after. Whew! We rode off Xmas pounds yesterday (but put some back on with the coffee/pastry stop) and today was the family photo shoot and working a few hours at the office.

Poor Matt's birthday is Dec 31st but we're taking him to Cirque du Soleil on Friday and not sure what we'll do on New Years' Eve yet....maybe stay in, play games and keep it low key.

Happy New Year all!
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 30th, '16, 11:18 am

Hello hello everyone!
Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday break!

The week is going by fast! I have been sick for the past few days and have had to just accept it and do a lot of movie watching and sleeping! I know no one likes to be sick but I am an epic brat about it usually. I think it's because I have to work most times I am sick. This time I had off and so I just decided to not be bratty and accept that I don't feel well. It's pretty weird for me to sleep during the day or not be doing/working etc. resting is not a skill I have learned!

I just realized what an ingrained mind set I have about it. I have RA and so I struggle with not feeling well at times. I have learned through that experience that moving/doing through the pain actually improves discomfort for me. I just don't let myself not move even though I don't want to. But with a cold, it's best to rest! Ha!! I am getting some
Spiritual lessons!

I think I may scrap today. No cleaning, no laundry, no baking or cooking. Just scrapping!! And a nap. Maybe a nap!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk