Yay for Friday!

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Yay for Friday!

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 13th, '15, 4:22 am

So what are you looking forward to this weekend?

My sister is visiting tomorrow afternoon.
Hollie has been wanting to treat our niece (her cousin) to pottery painting.
It was Millie's 7th birthday in Sept and this is the first opportunity that we've had. So us girls are going without the boys and will have tea and cake whilst we are out too.

I'm also looking forward to not setting the alarm on Sunday.
It's been a very busy week.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Yay for Friday!

Postby AnnaB » Nov 13th, '15, 4:41 am

Have fun tomorrow Lisa!

I'm looking forward to a weekend without many plans. I guess I'll be working a bit, but just like you Lisa, I am looking forward to not setting the alarm! I stayed up late with work yesterday and I was sooo tired this morning. I may take a nap, since I'm working/studying from home today, but it's a bit dangerous. ;D If I can't resist sleeping for too long, it takes forever to properly wake up again. I find that about 15 minutes is perfect, but if I'm too tired, I'm tempted to go on sleeping...
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jessi lute » Nov 13th, '15, 7:35 am

yay for friday!
i am looking forward to working on christmas gifts today...some crochet ones.
even though dakota still isn't able to play, he has his playoff game tomorrow...hoping to find him a ride because in order to get to the game we have to wake up at 645 and leave by 715/730...i really don't want to drive an hour and half there to watch a game he's not playing in.

so i am really looking forward to sunday....no alarm...nothing on the calendar...nothing. :)
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 13th, '15, 8:11 am

Anna, that reminded me of my airport working days.
I would often wake up so disorientated and feel worse for the sleep.
I hope you wake up soon :)

Jessi, I really don't blame you. I wouldn't want to drive all that way either if my child wasn't playing.
Fingers crossed for you.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Nov 13th, '15, 8:32 am

I am looking forward to being home!! and Sunday is a no alarm day either.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Nov 13th, '15, 8:54 am

Lisa, Jessi, Anna and Denise, all who are busy Mom's enjoy your down time Sunday!!

The mountains are calling me and the call will be answered with a hike tomorrow at Waterton Lakes National Park. I feel so blessed that I live only an hour and a bit from this gorgeous place!!!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Nov 13th, '15, 9:43 am

Oh Shannon - wish I lived closer and I'd hike with you! Sounds heavenly even if the weather isn't perfect - non-perfect days make for fantastic photos

I have a crop tomorrow - a 9-5 p.m. Close to My Heart sponsored crop. I need to think of a dish to pass. I'm thinking crockpot something but not sure what yet.

It's rainy, windy and chilly here. I was going to walk across the street to Starbucks for a SF Peppermint Mocha Latte and then realized I have all the stuff here in the office to make one. So I did ;D
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 13th, '15, 1:40 pm

I'm looking forward to spending the last 2 days with dh before he heads to the other side of the world for work for a month. :( He took on a consulting job and of course the first job they send him on his clear across the world. :-\ Oh well. It pays extremely well, and his goal of getting a newer motorhome will be complete faster than we think.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby TerryB » Nov 14th, '15, 8:27 am

Had the best day yesterday. John took the day off, and we did some hiking along the Niagara gorge in Canada. Then we had lunch in Niagara on the Lake. We make a trip up there every fall. We walked around, and checked out a few shops. Then more walking in the Botanical gardens in Niagara Falls. It was beautiful, even when it's not in full bloom. It was so sad however, to come home and hear of the attacks on Paris.

Working on the house today, evening mass tonight, then another day trip tomorrow to hike the mountains where the boys ski. I don't like hiking in the heat, so we try to squeeze it all in, in the spring and fall. :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Nov 14th, '15, 4:48 pm

Oh Deb, a month is a long time! I hope you get a nice couple of days before he leaves!

Shannon - hiking sounds wonderful!

And Terry - your Niagara day sounds lovely!

I feel very sad today, thinking about Paris and the state of this world. We need more love and less hate.

Alva had her ears pierced today. :) She has been talking about it for some time now and she was very excited and quite nervous too. She said it hurt more than she expected, but she seems very happy about it now. :)

I got my new glasses yesterday! The old ones were full of scratches and it was such a fab feeling to put the new ones on! It's a bit strange, but mostly good.

I feel like scrapping! Today I felt that I had stories that I want to tell. Most days I'm too tired to even feel inspired, but I hope to preserve this feeling from today and find some time tomorrow! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Nov 14th, '15, 8:02 pm

I can't stop thinking about the 'why's' re: terrorist attacks on Paris and the world, generally. I just have so many feelings and stuff to say about it all but not here! I lived and worked in the the United Arab Emirates and my hubby lived and worked 3 wks in Yemen and 3 wks on leave in the UAE. Some of our best friends are Muslim as result of this experience; they are horrified at what is happening in their 'world'. But my one friend lives in New York and she covers and is harassed daily while going to and from work. We so need to work on acceptance and understanding and kindness and love!!
Anyway, I must stop now!! I am so emotional over all of this. I know there is no easy answer but I do not think more war is the way to go. It invites more hatred and more war!! There DONE!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 14th, '15, 8:51 pm

Shannon I so agree with you!! It is really painful to hear people say such Horrible things about a whole group of people, when actually it is a small evil percentage of the whole. I just wish we could have more love and acceptance in this world. It's so heartbreaking that hate like this exists. I want to get angry but I know that doesn't do anything but feed the darkness.

Deb a month is a very long time, hope you enjoy this time together. And a camper to adventure in together sounds delightful!

Terry your hiking day with hubby sounds so fun. I love days like that!
Enjoy your weekend.

Anna, how exciting for Alva. She is growing up!! I remember feeling very grow n up after having my ears done!

We had the whole family over for dinner tonight and to watch the game. So fun! I am tired though. Was up late last night and early to rise today.

Jameson is having a blast at Aurora. We have texted a few times and he seems great!

Anna I hope you get some scrapping in tomorrow!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk