Document December Peeps

Document December Peeps

Postby Patricia » Nov 4th, '14, 1:06 pm

Hello!! Ok after seeing Sherry's post and seeing everyone getting their kits, I have a few questions for you to help me make the class fun and inspiring.

1) Do you put your base album together ahead of time and then fill with photos?
( I do not. I work better as I go because I don't know what size photo I want to use on a day. But I will work out a base flow ahead. Will post for those in the class)

2) Kids, no kids, kids grown, married, single, divorced, widowed. Tell me a little about your family or you.
(I am married with a 6-year old but I do try to put non-kid related things in my DD)

3) I have been scouring Pinterest of anything inspiring or fresh ideas for this year. Do you want better photos, more ideas to do for holidays, and/or more techniques?
(Each year I am so over DD by the time it is done. LOL After several months when I look at it again, it is my MOST favorite project I have ever done. It is meaningful, captures the holidays, and very very pretty)

4) how about we share some favorite pages from our past DD? Can be a favorite memory, awesome photo, or just a page you love.
(Share here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13891)

5) what product has you scratching your head how to use in the kits you would like to see used?
(For me it is the album. Gorgeous and it has me both excited and unsure. Unsure because it is a different type album from all others I have used and not sure how to use the canvas pages. But I have ideas twirling in my head)

Anything else? We will be able to have a gallery so each day you can load up what you have done. I will be focusing my energy on DD all month. For me, every year, seeing galleries filled with DD inspire me and keeps me going. I really cannot wait to see what you each do!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, roll call of who purchased the kit(s) for Document December and will be joining me!
Last edited by Patricia on Nov 4th, '14, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: Document December Peeps

Postby Patricia » Nov 4th, '14, 1:12 pm

One more question: what kits did you purchase besides Document December? Did you get the add-on, and/or the Day in the Life, The Evalicious stamp?

(I got it ALL! I will do a couple of Day in the Life pages as well as DD.)
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Nov 4th, '14, 1:44 pm

So excited to see what you create with this fabulous kit Patricia!
In the past, I have prepped the album ahead and then as Dec. 1 rolled around, made time to document, print, and create daily. Much more doable that way and ideas are fresh. Unfortunately, I keep up with it until we leave for our vacation/holiday-and despite bringing a few supplies and my Selphy printer along, I do arrive home with a few days left to document. But then again, I don't stop at Christmas because that's often when the most activity begins!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Nov 4th, '14, 1:52 pm

I did not purchase the kit - even though it is GORGEOUS looking.

Will we get to see photos of your completed layouts or is that an exclusive for those who purchased the kit?
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Nov 4th, '14, 2:22 pm

No money for a kit - I will be using stash. I have never managed to finish one - is prepping ahead the key to success?!

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sherry C » Nov 4th, '14, 3:41 pm

Obviously I purchased the kit and I am.in.love with the album! Like you, this is different for me, because I usually decorate the outside of the album to get started.

To answer your questions.
1. I never prepare pages in advance. I need to see my photos first.
2. I have a husband, two kids: boy (13), girl (11), and a cat. and wild rabbits. lol
3. Ha! I feel ya - I'm so excited when the project first starts, then I hate it, then I love it again. ;D

My challenge to myself this year is to take better (and more) photos. I definitely need to focus on one good shot per day. Sometimes it's hard to do and still be in the moment. I feel like I always take decent shots leading up to Christmas, but the photos on Christmas Eve and Christmas day are usually terrible! lol
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 4th, '14, 4:41 pm

I too love the album in this kit! It is so different for me - not really a sequin-type girl... but I love the natural colored fabric and the star...

1. I try to at least get some of the page bases cut and ready to embellish. Maybe do some minimal embellishing…

2. I’m married, one adult child living at home, we’re all hoping his GF will be with us for the winter months (she lives in Australia).

3. I’d love some new techniques. I’ve done a DD album twice now, and I’m like you…. I’m so over it by the end of December, but I love going back later and looking through our mini albums!

I’m excited to use everything! I’m hoping I can incorporate it all, with no leftovers! Now that would be quite a goal for me… I never use up any kit! lol

I purchased the kit and some of the DITL Christmas journal cards. I am hoping to join in and follow along with you!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby Patricia » Nov 4th, '14, 6:09 pm

LauraC wrote:I did not purchase the kit - even though it is GORGEOUS looking.

Will we get to see photos of your completed layouts or is that an exclusive for those who purchased the kit?

Hey Laura, I don't think the gallery will be exclusive to just people who bought the kit. Just the class part. But I could be wrong. I have done a class before and share my album just not any how to's. But will see what Christine says.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Nov 4th, '14, 6:13 pm

northcarmen wrote:No money for a kit - I will be using stash. I have never managed to finish one - is prepping ahead the key to success?!

Carmen.

Carmen, I understand. I don't know what is key to success. It is important to me. It makes me look at Christmas and December with fresh eyes, just makes me more aware and helps me enjoy the holidays. I know I want to document it so we do as many fun things whether small or big to make it a fun season.

But...being prepared does help. Being organized, and setting aside time to put a day or two together. I will admit, dec I usually have lots of late nights.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Nov 4th, '14, 6:17 pm

Sherry, our house that early on Christmas is like a cave. I had and still do get into photography so one year I got an external flash. I really prefer none but I wanted to capture the moments rather than have them be too dark and grainy. But you can still get great shots with the camera flash too.

Deblew, yes I hear you. Ready to be done but in the end, love it. Use what you love. I think you will use most of it but pick those favorites first.

Loved reading about you both. Thanks for sharing!
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby JanetS » Nov 4th, '14, 9:23 pm

I tried DD last year and almost completed my album. I love that I have the documentation and want to try again this year. I didn't get the CD kit (it was beautiful) but decided to try my own thing again this year. I have an 8 1/2 x 11 inch Smash album and a card kit with lots of paper and die cuts. It will be more like a journal and, hopefully something I enjoy doing everyday. There won't be lots of prep work, just whatever a photo or a day suggests. :)
JanetS
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Nov 5th, '14, 10:06 am

JanetS it will be perfect. Your memories, your family. Can't wait to see.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Kelly in Canada » Nov 5th, '14, 10:14 am

this will either be my eighth or ninth year making a december album and they really are my very favourite project and my most looked-at albums. i never prep ahead of time and, by the end of january make it a point to finish my book because i know how much we will love looking at it during the following time of advent. i make my pages to go with my photos though i always choose an overall colour scheme ahead of time. i have not chosen my album for this year as yet but i do know that my colour scheme is going to be aqua, green, grey, silver and, of course, lots of white. i have one husband ;) , one son and one dog but we do lots of visiting with extended family during december. i am most interested in learning tips about photography and journalling. my photos are sometime very haphazard (at best) but they still go into my book! can't wait to play along, even though i am making my own kit because i vowed i would not purchase another december kit until i have made a very big dent in my christmas papers and what nots!
Kelly in Canada
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Nov 5th, '14, 11:36 am

Kelly, I agree...my favorite and I know I want it finished so I can look through it. Your color scheme sounds wonderful. And great tips to learn...thank you for sharing!
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Nov 5th, '14, 11:55 am

LauraC wrote:I did not purchase the kit - even though it is GORGEOUS looking.

I'm pretty sure the gallery for Document December will be public Laura. The classroom will be only for kit purchases though.
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby bonitarose » Nov 5th, '14, 12:30 pm

I am so new to the CD kits.. that I sadly can't afford more holiday embellishments, I have so much already. boohoo.. I"m using the old DD kit from Ali last year.. bought it from her site about a month ago... and have had fun prepping my pages... each day in Dec.. I'll change up some photos or add some to the cards and just embellish with pretty things and journaling...
Here are my pages so far, I'm excited to start!
http://www.bonitarose.com/2014/10/ready ... w=flipcard
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby brinkleyboy » Nov 5th, '14, 4:42 pm

I purchased the kit and the December Daily as well, and am planning to supplement with my Christmas collections over the years. I am perplexed with the album. I got the page protectors that came with the kit but am wondering what brand and where to get additional pages, and layout configurations other than the 4 4x4 pages. I have not done a DD daily but always want to. Where and when is the class going to be and how do we access it? I am a mother of 3 grown children with two grandchildren and one on the way. I could always go back and document our children's Christmas' or use it for the present year and do the grandchildren. I look forward to tips on whether to prepare the setup ahead of time or work as I get photos.
Looking forward to inspiration and direction in tackling this project!
Cindy
brinkleyboy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 5th, '14, 5:23 pm

I'm going to add in some SS 6x8 page protectors, along with some WRMK 8x8s and just punch holes to match the album rings. I may use a couple of 4x6 horizontals if I can figure out how to get them to fit the rings!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby jbonomo » Nov 5th, '14, 5:24 pm

I had to get the kit and add-on and looking forward to the class and always your inspiration, Patricia! I'm very curious what you are doing for the cover of the album. I also like going through past classes and galleries for ideas and ways to use up some of my older stash. Hope the past classes are still available when I start looking for inspiration. Thank you for the forum posting!
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Scrappin' Kathy » Nov 5th, '14, 7:40 pm

Here's my answers --

1. I generally prefer to do pages after i have pictures, but was thinking about thinking outside the box and trying the other way. Maybe I'll make pages and take pictures to go with the page.
2. I am a grandmother of 3, who I will spend the holidays with. They are 2 months, 17 months and 9 years they will be the focus.
3. I am perplexed on using the transparent dividers. Great ideas for canvas, but not the transparent.
4. I only purchased the kit.

Now the question for you -- how do I get the details about the class. I thought I saw something and then I couldn't find.
Scrappin' Kathy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to Document December with Patricia