February REVEAL: RAK #2 WINNER ANNOUNCED!!

February REVEAL: RAK #2 WINNER ANNOUNCED!!

Postby alissa » Jan 28th, '16, 8:43 pm

The winner is seemownay! Please email Lisa: lisa@funkyfairies.co.uk to claim your gift card ;D

time for another fun RAK thread! :)

Please answer for your chance to win a $5 credit to the cocoa daisy store! Winner will be randomly chosen and announced later this week.

What’s your favorite pop? Or do you call it soda? Tell me all about your love of the fizzy drinks!

I used to not be able to live without Diet Coke. In august I did Whole30 and haven’t had soda since. I do have an occasional sparkling apple cider and I love San Pelligrino with tart cherry juice. Yum!!

What fizzy drinks do you love? Extra credit for sharing your story of “pop” or “soda”. 
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Re: February REVEAL: RAK #2

Postby jbonomo » Jan 28th, '16, 8:45 pm

I used to drink Diet Coke and nothing tasted better after a session on the water windsurfing (Burp!). Now the only fizzy drink that crosses my lips is Pelligrino.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby alissa » Jan 28th, '16, 8:47 pm

jbonomo wrote:I used to drink Diet Coke and nothing tasted better after a session on the water windsurfing (Burp!). Now the only fizzy drink that crosses my lips is Pelligrino.

We're like twinies! :)
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Savi » Jan 28th, '16, 8:48 pm

It's called "pop" here... And I used to be completely in love with Coke Zero. Had to have it, one a day, in the afternoon. But a funny thing happened... I had some time off, I got distracted, my schedule changed... and I haven't had a Coke Zero in a month. Huh. And no desire either!

We'll see what happens when summer comes. :D
Savi
Daisy
Daisy

Postby kissy » Jan 28th, '16, 8:48 pm

I like pop (as we Northerns call it) not a lot of it, mostly just when I have pizza or burgers. Diet Pepsi mostly. My ex-husband is from VA and whenever we would go down to visit family they would ask "would you like a Coke" well Coke means any kind of pop or soda they have not just a Coca Cola.
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Meliciouse613 » Jan 28th, '16, 8:48 pm

On the rare occasion I drink soda or anything carbonated, I drink a Red Bull. Maybe, once a year I'll have a Mountain Dew. I used to love soda, but a few years ago for whatever reason I began to not like it unless it was flat! I can't drink carbonated stuff more then a sip at a time, so therefore if I'm thirsty it's torment. It actually hurts to drink carbonated stuff quickly. I don't know why but I'm kind of happy about it : )
Meliciouse613
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby lingovise » Jan 28th, '16, 8:49 pm

I used to be a Diet Coke addict... but successfully quit it three years ago this month and don't miss it a bit! Now I just drink lots of water and hot tea, nothing fizzy for me :D
lingovise
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby jjflair » Jan 28th, '16, 8:50 pm

We call it soda in this neck of the woods.
It used to be Dr. Pepper, then Diet Dr. Pepper.
If I've got the flu I'll probably request some ginger ale.
Now, unless there is a champagne toast, I'm pretty much bubble free.

Oh wait. The occasional beer.
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Jan 28th, '16, 8:51 pm

My favorite is Cherry Dr. Pepper's from Sonic, but I have cut back on them quite a bit. Though there are days when I wander down the hallway to my friend's classroom and see that the kids are stressing her as much as they are stressing me and we end up at Sonic for lunch and a BIG route 44 Cherry Dr Pepper for me and a Coke with lime for her. If we can find loose chocolate under the seat of the car or in our desks it's a bonus! :D
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Scrappin' Kathy » Jan 28th, '16, 8:51 pm

I am hopelessly addicted to diet coke. I constantly have one. I have started to think, I should stop drinking it. I think I'd have to go cold turkey.
Scrappin' Kathy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby alissa » Jan 28th, '16, 8:51 pm

kissy wrote:I like pop (as we Northerns call it) not a lot of it, mostly just when I have pizza or burgers. Diet Pepsi mostly. My ex-husband is from VA and whenever we would go down to visit family they would ask "would you like a Coke" well Coke means any kind of pop or soda they have not just a Coca Cola.

I noticed that happened when I went to Tennessee, too. Everything was Coke. We should see is Doris can chime in on this one.
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby doris sander » Jan 28th, '16, 8:53 pm

yep. here in the south people do tend to call it all "coke" which is very frustrating. i consider myself to be a coke connoisseur. NO! pepsi is NOT an acceptable substitute! i tend to call everything by name or use soda for generic. my dad is from indiana and my mom from pennsylvania, although they both moved to south florida in their teens, so i'm not sure where soda is most common, but that's what i grew up with in my house.
Doris

blog: dorissander.blogspot.com

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Char~ » Jan 28th, '16, 8:54 pm

I stopped drinking pop because of the sugar. But, I do love Root Beer and especially Root Beer floats in the summer time.....the best!!
Char~
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby brinkleyboy » Jan 28th, '16, 8:55 pm

Still drinking the tart Cherry juice Alissa?? I'm so glad you liked my tip!! I unfortunately went back to drinking Diet Dr. Pepper but always have my Cherry Juice everyday to help with all my aches and pain ;)
brinkleyboy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Jan 28th, '16, 8:55 pm

Used to love coke. But pretty much gave it up. When I saw the things it could clean, that was it. Every once in a while I have a sip if DH opens one. Love the taste... Now I mostly drink mineral / sparkling water if I want something fizzy.
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby Sylvia » Jan 28th, '16, 8:56 pm

I love the cranberry gingerale.

Sylvia
Sylvia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Katestamps » Jan 28th, '16, 8:57 pm

kissy wrote:I like pop (as we Northerns call it) not a lot of it, mostly just when I have pizza or burgers. Diet Pepsi mostly. My ex-husband is from VA and whenever we would go down to visit family they would ask "would you like a Coke" well Coke means any kind of pop or soda they have not just a Coca Cola.

I'm from the part of the world that says "would you like a coke" and then ask what kind you'd like. And no, Pepsi is not the same.

And I'm nowhere near a Sonic but I'd love a chocolate cherry coke right about now!
Katestamps
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby octglory » Jan 28th, '16, 8:57 pm

So sad to say...I am addicted to Diet Coke !!!!!!!! As children, in the 1950s-1960s we only had soda at limited times.....now since I'm a grandmother, I drink it all the time. Prefer the "fountain" style, it's refreshing but I know I should cut back.
octglory
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby alissa » Jan 28th, '16, 8:57 pm

brinkleyboy wrote:Still drinking the tart Cherry juice Alissa?? I'm so glad you liked my tip!! I unfortunately went back to drinking Diet Dr. Pepper but always have my Cherry Juice everyday to help with all my aches and pain ;)

Yep! I LOVE it! They even have it at Target now too in my favorite brand at a great price!
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby alissa » Jan 28th, '16, 8:58 pm

Katestamps wrote:

I'm from the part of the world that says "would you like a coke" and then ask what kind you'd like. And no, Pepsi is not the same.

And I'm nowhere near a Sonic but I'd love a chocolate cherry coke right about now!

Chocolate Cherry Coke?? Now that sounds delicious! :)
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Next

Return to This Month's Reveal