JANUARY REVEAL: RAK #1 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

JANUARY REVEAL: RAK #1 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Dec 28th, '15, 8:12 pm

Please answer for your chance to win a $5 credit to the cocoa daisy store! Winner will be randomly chosen and announced later this week.

New Year’s Resolutions…
YAY or NAY?

I’m kinda nay on this… but, I have been getting up at 5 am since November to workout (go me!) so, I think that counts :)
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: JANUARY REVEAL: RAK #1

Postby doris sander » Dec 28th, '15, 8:16 pm

I don't do resolutions, but I do tend to analyze every aspect of my life in late December/early January and set lots of goals for the new year. I have come to terms with the fact that I won't finish half of them. If I didn't set any I just wouldn't get much of anything done!

That is great about your morning workout, Ashli! Keep it up! That is one of my goals for the new year. I was walking 3 miles most of 2015. At least the April through July part. I fell off the wagon when I went to Florida the end of July and haven't really picked it back up yet. I don't know why I wimped out so early. I usually make it till the first of September at least. I can definitely tell I'm getting way soft though and need to get back to walking!
Doris

blog: dorissander.blogspot.com

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Katestamps » Dec 28th, '15, 8:19 pm

I'm nay on resolutions but I'm trying to pick my word for 2016 so that is sorta similar. I'm leaning toward story.
Katestamps
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Dec 28th, '15, 8:20 pm

Katestamps wrote:I'm nay on resolutions but I'm trying to pick my word for 2016 so that is sorta similar. I'm leaning toward story.

that's a great word!
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Dec 28th, '15, 8:20 pm

Tried doing resolutions, and they never stick so I gave up. I am going to keep up with my walking (up to a mile a day). Knee feels much better when I do it, even when its cold and the rest of me doesn't want to go... Would also like to look into a gym with a pool... dh & I could both really benefit from swimming laps I think.
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby Sylvia » Dec 28th, '15, 8:22 pm

NAY - Never Keep them.

Sylvia
Sylvia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby christynorton2 » Dec 28th, '15, 8:22 pm

I always make resolutions for the new year, but this year we're starting a new family tradition of a new year time capsule. In it, we'll all put our predictions for the next year...political, social, and personal. Then next year, we'll open it up and read them! I can't wait--I think it's going to be really fun!
christynorton2
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby castarquinio » Dec 28th, '15, 8:22 pm

I'm usually nay but this year I'm setting 2, hopefully I can stick to them. I want to stick to a daily cleaning schedule to help keep the house in order... 2 under 5 and working FT catches up with us fast... And I need to finish my weight loss and health journey next year. I did so well late last year into the first half of this year only to sabatoge myself the second half. *sigh*
castarquinio
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 28th, '15, 8:23 pm

Yippee Ashli for the working out! That's fantastic!

Nay on the NY resolutions. I would rather not set myself up for the disappointment and failure! LOL! I have life goals that are more driving factors in my life. I have a OLW this year that I really want to live by. It's more of a mantra to me than a resolution.
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Dec 28th, '15, 8:23 pm

christynorton2 wrote:I always make resolutions for the new year, but this year we're starting a new family tradition of a new year time capsule. In it, we'll all put our predictions for the next year...political, social, and personal. Then next year, we'll open it up and read them! I can't wait--I think it's going to be really fun!

THAT is such a cool idea!!!!
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kiggies5 » Dec 28th, '15, 8:24 pm

Nay to the resolutions. I wish I was a morning person to get up and workout!
kiggies5
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Dec 28th, '15, 8:24 pm

castarquinio wrote:I'm usually nay but this year I'm setting 2, hopefully I can stick to them. I want to stick to a daily cleaning schedule to help keep the house in order... 2 under 5 and working FT catches up with us fast... And I need to finish my weight loss and health journey next year. I did so well late last year into the first half of this year only to sabatoge myself the second half. *sigh*

ahhh - daily cleaning... that is a good one! I can relate to it being hard with little ones :)
I have 4 little mess makers, 10 and under :)
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Dec 28th, '15, 8:27 pm

christynorton2 wrote:I always make resolutions for the new year, but this year we're starting a new family tradition of a new year time capsule. In it, we'll all put our predictions for the next year...political, social, and personal. Then next year, we'll open it up and read them! I can't wait--I think it's going to be really fun!

Love this! What a wonderful tradition!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby adorkable_rae » Dec 28th, '15, 8:27 pm

I'm like Doris! I set goals for myself for the new year. I found in years passed that when I make a resolution, I follow it for like a week or two and then I fall back into the same old habits lol :P so no more resolutions for me!
adorkable_rae
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby gem66 » Dec 28th, '15, 8:29 pm

Nay to resolutions for me as well!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby doris sander » Dec 28th, '15, 8:30 pm

i did really well last year in mapping out monthly goals, so i had something new to think about each month. i sort of faded with that once school started back this fall, but i call it a success since it kept me on task for over half the year!
Doris

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Dec 28th, '15, 8:36 pm

No resolutions but I a'm going to continue setting five monthly goals in my planner. If I don' t finish them all, I slide them forward. It took 7 months before I cleaned out the window sills between the window and screen, but I finally finished it.

Sorry for bad typing I'm on my kindle. Cody is playing video games on computer chair
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Dec 28th, '15, 8:41 pm

I'm a yay on resolutions, but I always keep the same one--"Use what I buy". I can always improve on that front, from uneaten veggies to scrap supplies, to books that I must have but never read.

I check in on how I'm doing about once a quarter to keep myself on track, or to get back on track.

Something I picked up from our lovely Denise is that I can start something again at any time, no need to wait till the 1st of the month to do a 30 day challenge, etc. That was such an eye-opening, life-changing, and freeing realization. Slap on the forehead, V-8 good!
Last edited by jjflair on Dec 28th, '15, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby grimeyj » Dec 28th, '15, 8:43 pm

I tend to do a lot of reflecting during the hustle and bustle of December. Then in January I try to remember what I reflected on. So I guess I would say Nay to the resolutions.
grimeyj
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby doris sander » Dec 28th, '15, 8:45 pm

LauraC wrote:No resolutions but I a'm going to continue setting five monthly goals in my planner. If I don' t finish them all, I slide them forward. It took 7 months before I cleaned out the window sills between the window and screen, but I finally finished it.

great idea laura! that is similar to what i did with the getting the house cleaned this year. it took me till this month, but i finally got the shed cleaned out!
Doris

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to This Month's Reveal