Stamps

Stamps

Postby sarauk » Mar 1st, '15, 4:08 am

I love the kits this month, they look awesome, as ever. I just wanted to say, please don't move away from doing exclusive stamps. They're one of the reasons I love getting the kits. I know you've shifted your focus a bit recently with the planner kits, but please don't stop the stamps.

I like the stamps some of your competitors offer - but I don't want to subscribe with them because I think your kits are so much better in general, your shipping (both price & speed) is much better - and of course your lovely, personal customer service can't be beaten :)

Just please keep doing awesome stamps - please!!
sarauk
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Re: Stamps

Postby Scrappin' Kathy » Mar 1st, '15, 9:35 am

I too was concerned about stamps. I was assured that we will still get them some months so I liked that. I am eager to see this kit and see if the embellishments are better.

You are totally correct that the customer service can't be beat! I looked at a lot before I chose Cocoa Daisy.

Let's see what happens.
Scrappin' Kathy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby arleigh » Mar 1st, '15, 10:35 am

there will still be exclusive CD stamps! I promise!
arleigh
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Mary Kay » Mar 1st, '15, 10:37 am

arleigh wrote:there will still be exclusive CD stamps! I promise!

And she should know, because she's designing them! Don't worry, ladies; Christine is just trying to vary the kit contents a bit so that it doesn't become "one from column A, two from column B."

And you didn't hear it from me, but there are even more exciting changes coming soon. And more stamps. :)

Cocoa Daisy Customer Service
Mary Kay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Mar 1st, '15, 11:53 am

I agree the stamps at Cocoa Daisy are really unique, thanks Arleigh!

It's sort of fun to be kept on my toes though!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Mar 1st, '15, 2:53 pm

I'm another fan of the exclusive stamps!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Imperia » Mar 1st, '15, 3:52 pm

I was sad to see no stamp in this month's kit...I know I am not a subscriber at the moment, but I have been and I do buy kits here. Stamps are a big draw for me. If I might suggest something...I know lots of people don't stamp and that Christine is trying to vary the kit contents, but maybe on the months that the main kits do not have stamps there could be a stamp add on that would work with the kits? That way those who do love stamps could get the add on. I know I would pay extra for a stamp add on. Just a thought.
Imperia
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Mary Kay » Mar 1st, '15, 5:08 pm

Imperia wrote:I was sad to see no stamp in this month's kit...I know I am not a subscriber at the moment, but I have been and I do buy kits here. Stamps are a big draw for me. If I might suggest something...I know lots of people don't stamp and that Christine is trying to vary the kit contents, but maybe on the months that the main kits do not have stamps there could be a stamp add on that would work with the kits? That way those who do love stamps could get the add on. I know I would pay extra for a stamp add on. Just a thought.

Thank you for the suggestion, Megan. I'll give you a peek behind the curtain, though; when we have stamps made they make several sets on one "plate," meaning that making just one set would be prohibitively expensive. Having said that, though, I bet Christine will figure something out to make as many customers happy as she can!

Cocoa Daisy Customer Service
Mary Kay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Mar 1st, '15, 5:33 pm

Count me in the disappointed column. I know there are peeps out there who don't care about the stamps but I am less than thrilled that there is no option this month. The CD stamps to me are what makes Cocoa Daisy "not just another kit club"
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Janet.L » Mar 3rd, '15, 2:45 pm

I was upset not to see any stamps this month. I sub to another kit and they have done away with the exclusive stamps and I am canceling my sub. It is the exclusives that get me to subscribe to monthly kits.
Janet.L
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby carolynhasacat » Mar 12th, '15, 8:49 pm

I got my kit today and i'm really missing the stamp. The kit feels 'not complete' without it. First month I've been disappointed in my kit overall, though I thought the papers were great as always and I absolutely loved the cardstock add on.

What did everyone else think?
carolynhasacat
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Mar 13th, '15, 1:15 am

OK, I was disappointed too but here's my take on the stamps. I started subscribing to the stamp kits in Oct 2012 after missing out on some of the fabulous designs. So I have a lot of stamps and they were getting out of control so the last couple weeks I cataloged (in notebook) and put them in 5.5'x7.25" clear envelopes on acetate sheets in a 6"x9" clear Costco container.

Here's what I noticed.....the stamp sets were getting bigger and bigger (quantity of stamps not necessarily size of the stamp). In past years I would be able to get the stamps for the month on one page (5.5"x8" notebook); this year it would take two pages to catalog them. No one can keep this volume and pace up! Thank you, Arleigh, Stephanie & Christine for the fun & fabulous stamps this year.

I, too, have looked at a lot of other kit clubs (and tried buying one off items) but have not found a company that has the customer service (Mary Kay replies are lightning fast) and product that CD does so this gal is sitting tight and waiting to see what the future holds. Christine seems to have the pulse of the business and makes changes accordingly i.e. planners and I'm sure she has something exciting brewing.

I will get off my soapbox now. Thank you for listening.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Mar 13th, '15, 5:27 am

jbonomo wrote:OK, I was disappointed too but here's my take on the stamps. I started subscribing to the stamp kits in Oct 2012 after missing out on some of the fabulous designs. So I have a lot of stamps and they were getting out of control so the last couple weeks I cataloged (in notebook) and put them in 5.5'x7.25" clear envelopes on acetate sheets in a 6"x9" clear Costco container.

Here's what I noticed.....the stamp sets were getting bigger and bigger (quantity of stamps not necessarily size of the stamp). In past years I would be able to get the stamps for the month on one page (5.5"x8" notebook); this year it would take two pages to catalog them. No one can keep this volume and pace up! Thank you, Arleigh, Stephanie & Christine for the fun & fabulous stamps this year.

I, too, have looked at a lot of other kit clubs (and tried buying one off items) but have not found a company that has the customer service (Mary Kay replies are lightning fast) and product that CD does so this gal is sitting tight and waiting to see what the future holds. Christine seems to have the pulse of the business and makes changes accordingly i.e. planners and I'm sure she has something exciting brewing.

You echo my thoughts- I was disappointed too. But remember we had a survey that we did awhile back. My guess is that the majority put stamps down their list. It's probably a small minority of us who enjoy them so much. I too have been subscribing since April of 2012 and have a vast store of stamps that I really need to finish organizing. I like CD stamps so much that I sold off most of my other stamps in big lots on a scrapbook sale site on Facebook. I don't buy other stamps and pretty much stick to CD stamps.

There have been promises of surprises to come and I agree with Jbonomo's assessment that something exciting is brewing.

And while Christine's personal life and business life are separate, I have spotted wedding prep going on for her so she may be looking at that exciting part of her life for a bit too.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby iskawire » Mar 13th, '15, 11:06 am

I am sure that the CD team with come up with a great compromise. They are always looking out for us, gathering feedback and finding creative ways to make everyone happy.

I am one that is terrible at using the stamps so I would be ok with an add on or other method since I feel that my stamps just don't get the love they deserve.

For the organization - I used a trick of Tracy Banks (aka Mercy Tiara) she has a post on You-tube. It was cheap and easy to do and has worked really well for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUExNxPg7t0
Iska Wire
Houston, TX
iskawire
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby arleigh » Mar 13th, '15, 11:30 am

I should show you how I organize my stamps too. I use little cheap 4x6 photo albums. I stamp out sort of a preview on 4x6 cardstock, put that in the front slot, then put the little stamp packet in the back. I found some little albums with ribbons. I'll go get a photo and show you. brb.
arleigh
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby arleigh » Mar 13th, '15, 12:15 pm

okay first two images, just a regular 3-ring notebook with page protectors. in front of the cardstock, I stamped out the stamps and hand-wrote the manuf etc. then the little red book is a little photo album from, you know, target dollar spot or something. stamped out the stamps, then stuck them behind the cardstock.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 11.14.07 AM.png
arleigh
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby carolynhasacat » Mar 13th, '15, 12:24 pm

^ That is awesomesauce! O0

Gonna do that!

TFS
carolynhasacat
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Mar 14th, '15, 9:00 am

jbonomo wrote:OK, I was disappointed too but here's my take on the stamps. I started subscribing to the stamp kits in Oct 2012 after missing out on some of the fabulous designs. So I have a lot of stamps and they were getting out of control so the last couple weeks I cataloged (in notebook) and put them in 5.5'x7.25" clear envelopes on acetate sheets in a 6"x9" clear Costco container.

You are very astute Julie! It's really helpful to read your thoughts, thank you for taking the time to share them. I know Christine is always looking for the perfect balance, it helps to know everyone's view.
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Mar 14th, '15, 9:36 am

This post inspired me to finish getting mine mounted! Thanks for the video - there were some helpful hints in there that made the project go quicker! I finally got mine mounted, into sleeves and it a ring binder. I assume that I will need to keep the ring binder flat though for fear that the stamps will eventually slip off the mounting plastic after a time period.

Embarrassed at how many stamps I have not shown any love and I loved them so much when they were released.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Mar 14th, '15, 10:12 am

LauraC wrote:This post inspired me to finish getting mine mounted! Thanks for the video - there were some helpful hints in there that made the project go quicker! I finally got mine mounted, into sleeves and it a ring binder. I assume that I will need to keep the ring binder flat though for fear that the stamps will eventually slip off the mounting plastic after a time period.

Embarrassed at how many stamps I have not shown any love and I loved them so much when they were released.

I think it's much easier to love them when you have them organized Laura. :) I need to do that.
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Next

Return to This Month's Reveal