Congrats Christine!

A place to talk about publications and toot your own horn!

Re: Congrats Christine!

Postby ErinGudge » Aug 21st, '08, 7:13 pm

Congrats to both of you!!
ErinGudge
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mollyjoly » Aug 21st, '08, 8:49 pm

Congratulations, ladies!
mollyjoly
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby kissy » Aug 21st, '08, 8:58 pm

Lisa M. Pace wrote:So Christine and Ronda... tell us how your phone calls went. It is so fun hearing how people react when hearing Patty and Beth's voice on the other end.

I was on the phone with Mom around 9:30 am EST last Friday and then I saw a strange area code on the caller ID, I told Mom to hold on a minute and when I heard Beth and Patty on the speaker phone I about dropped the phone! I just kept saying NO WAY and OMG - you're kidding!!! I loved their response "we wouldn't kid about a thing like this" after they told me I was a MMM everything else was a blur. I was just shaking when I got back on the line with my Mom, and bless her heart she started screaming too when I told her! It was so hard to keep it all a secret for almost a week! ;D
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby helpmeronda » Aug 21st, '08, 9:23 pm

I so agree with Christine...so hard to keep it a secret!

I got a call around 8:30 am Mountain. I was asleep. So sad but true. My husband came and said "You want to take this call." I took the phone and said hello. I know Patty & Beth said who they were and asked if I knew why they were calling. I was very articulate in my response, saying "SHUT UP! Are you serious?" In retrospect telling the editors of a magazine to shut up probably wasn't my best move. The rest of the conversation was a blur. I know there was a "Yes, of course I accept." After I hung up the phone, I asked the DH..."Did all that just happen? Am I really a Master?" I just couldn't believe it.
helpmeronda
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Lisa M. Pace » Aug 21st, '08, 9:33 pm

Oh Christine and Ronda great phone calls... I think everyone has the same type experience. You hear Patty and Beth and then what the heck are you serious...

The day before I got my call I was so feeling sorry for myself as I just knew the calls had to have been made already so I stayed up until 4:30 in the morning working on a project... when i heard the phone ring and saw the caller id and the area code I was in such a fog I just could not believe it. I was scared to answer the phone. Actually Alan told me to answer it... he just knew it was THE call I had been wanting so badly. My dogs could feel my excitement and were jumping all over me... I was trying to remain calm but heck that just was not in the cards.

That call is one you will never ever forget and next year when the class of 2010 is announced you will have the very same feeling for the new team. It is just all so wonderful.
Hugs,
Lisa P.

it's in the details
Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.  ~Rod McKuen~
Lisa M. Pace
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby helpmeronda » Aug 21st, '08, 9:42 pm

I am so sure you are right. I think I will remember that day forever! How was this year for you Lisa?
helpmeronda
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Lisa M. Pace » Aug 21st, '08, 10:58 pm

It was the most incredible year. Working for Patty and Beth has been incredible. They are so nice and extremely professional. I hope your experience is as great as mine was. If you have any questions just email me and I will be glad to help either of you out.
Hugs,
Lisa P.

it's in the details
Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.  ~Rod McKuen~
Lisa M. Pace
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kissy » Aug 22nd, '08, 7:12 am

I am really looking forward to working with Patty and Beth, they really are very nice and helpful, and quick to answer any of our questions! I will try to follow your advice Lisa and keep a journal or something to document the year, I know it will fly by!! And I am sure I will be emailing you ;D Can't wait to see what you create this year Ronda!!
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby justem » Aug 22nd, '08, 9:57 am

Yay! Huge congrats to both of you! I thought it was an awesome list of people!!! You guys are going to do an amazing job!! :)
justem
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Congrats!

Postby ewells » Aug 23rd, '08, 4:11 pm

Just wanted to say CONGRATS to the new MMM Ladies! I am lucky enough to be a friend of Ronda's, and I am SO HAPPY to see her name on the list. May you all have a wonderful year together! Enjoy!
ewells
Daisy
Daisy

Postby miriamkaye » Aug 23rd, '08, 8:03 pm

Congratulations Christine and Ronda :D how very exciting for you and what a great opportunity ;D
:-*
Miriam Kaye

Please visit me at my:
miriamkaye
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Previous

Return to Pubs and Praise