QOTD 10/2/2012

Question of the Day

QOTD 10/2/2012

Postby DeniseM » Oct 2nd, '12, 7:41 am

Starting this am I am going to walk at 7am for 30 minutes every morning. It's dark and cold so wish me luck. I am trying this in the morning before work because I am too tired after busting my butt all day cleaning houses. I manage a walk once or twice a week but would really like to do more. It is so good for my mood.

Do you have an exercise routine you do on a regular basis?
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD 10/2/2012

Postby mison » Oct 2nd, '12, 7:53 am

No, sadly not. I really would like to go out for a run in the morning each and every day, but since I get up so early or have the kids at home I can´t. But I do try to go to the gym or run 3-4 days a week.

Walking in the morning is gives so much energy. Especially in the winter!
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 2nd, '12, 8:25 am

No but I need to.
I was enjoying the walk to school there and back twice a day. That's 4 miles, but the weather has been awful these past couple of weeks plus Louis is now getting older and starting Secondary School (our version of High School) next year, so he's started walking the first/last part alone. So that's less for me to walk.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby MalinT » Oct 2nd, '12, 8:29 am

No... But should definitly get one...

I start work at 7 am.. Leave home at 6 am.. A walk before that sounds....early... :o
MalinT
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby LauraC » Oct 2nd, '12, 8:57 am

I have 2 dates scheduled every week. I meet one or a few friends to walk on Monday nights after work - we do a 3 mile walk. On Wednesdays after Weight Watchers, we usually do a Leslie Sansone DVD workout.

We have a group of friends that we call the "Walking Club" and we have at least one event a month where we dedicate ourselves to at least a 10 mile walk. Now before you get all freaked out, it's pretty basic. In the summer months, it usually involves a beach walk and park walks. In the winter months, it involves a shopping expedition that usually involves a metro area mall and includes the Christmas Tree Shop and Ikea. Someone always wears a pedometer. We usually exceed our ten miles. Its about companionship and friendship. We have a blast! I have scrapped many many pages of our get togethers.

I'm trying to push more exercise in to my schedule for a personal weight loss goal that I have by Thanksgiving.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Amelie » Oct 2nd, '12, 3:54 pm

Here each Thursday, I meet a group and do Nordic walk.Today 5 miles!
I would do more but with my job, children and scrap!!!, isn't easy to find an other moment!
Amelie
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby MandyKay » Oct 2nd, '12, 4:27 pm

Nearly every Mon-Fri, I spend about 30-45 mins walking around my neighborhood, after I get the kids on the bus. I don't when its raining hard(like this morning) or if I have an appointment or something. And I try to get out at least one morning on the weekend. In the summertime, I like to do my walks in the evening after dinner. And if all else fails, I will torture myself on the treadmill if I have to. It hasn't been enough to help me lose weight, so I have been trying to step it up with some jogging and faster walking. And on my days off, I will do my loop twice. On those days, I log about 5 miles.
MandyKay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Oct 2nd, '12, 7:39 pm

Kudos to you, Denise! I think walking in the morning just sets a nice, meditative tone for the day.

Remember that Couch-to-5K program I was doing? I love(d) it, but I have injured my achilles tendon and it is taking FOR-EV-ER to heal! :( Back to being a couch potato, but trying to do arm exercises with hand weights a couple times a week.
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Oct 2nd, '12, 9:36 pm

I'm doing my 10 minute FitSugarTV workouts, there are so many awesome ones, I'm never going to get bored. I may never get skinny, but I'm definitely building muscle!
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sherry C » Oct 2nd, '12, 9:42 pm

I have worked out regularly since my early twenties. I am such a grouch if I don't exercise.

Good for you, Denise!
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby scrapnatya » Oct 2nd, '12, 10:57 pm

I have been walking daily for the past 3 weeks. Yesterday and today were good days....3 miles on the beach boardwalk.
scrapnatya
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Ginger3036 » Oct 3rd, '12, 12:09 am

I walk a couple of times a week during my lunch break at work and also getting back to tennis twice a week..was very inactive over the winter though! ;)
Ginger3036
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Oct 3rd, '12, 12:10 am

I really admire those of you who do manage to squeeze the exersice in. I guess if I didn't travel for 3 hours/day I'd have more time... ::)

I have been very lazy, taking the car to the train station most days, but when it's getting colder I probably won't have time to get the car ready (getting rid of the ice etc) and it'll probably be easier to just walk instead. It's about 15-20 minutes, so it's not a very long walk, but doing that twice a day would probably do me good. :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LisaDV » Oct 3rd, '12, 7:36 am

I want to have a routine, but haven't figured it out. I have more energy if I exercise in the afternoon. In the morning, I don't have the energy - go slowly, takes forever to even go 1 mile, and then I'm done. In the pm, I can go 2x as far in the same amount of time as a morning walk. However, I don't have the time to do it in the afternoon. I guess I should join you in your a.m. walk routine. (but I walk on my treadmill). Tomorrow, I'll start.
LisaDV
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Oct 3rd, '12, 8:03 am

AnnaB wrote:I really admire those of you who do manage to squeeze the exersice in. I guess if I didn't travel for 3 hours/day I'd have more time... ::)

I have been very lazy, taking the car to the train station most days, but when it's getting colder I probably won't have time to get the car ready (getting rid of the ice etc) and it'll probably be easier to just walk instead. It's about 15-20 minutes, so it's not a very long walk, but doing that twice a day would probably do me good. :)

Wow Anna and I thought my 1.5 hours a day for a commute was a long one.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby moadibp2 » Oct 3rd, '12, 11:04 am

As I live in Alaska, and it is too cold (we're talking double digit negatives) for me to feasibly go out and do much, I have come up with a few things that I do inside (and I don't even need a gym to do them). First I have the WII fit and WII fit plus. I love these. There are so many fun activities that I can do to vary my routine. I also recently received a game called WII Walk it Out. I love this, too. I walk to music and build up an island the more I walk. I have also recently decided that I need to add a little more strength training to my workouts. So, I am ordering Kettleworx. I have terrific reviews from a couple of friends of mine. So, I am going to try them out. I usually do at least on of those items once a day, and only take breaks when my body is feeling stretched.
moadibp2
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Return to QOTD