QOTD 11 December

Question of the Day

QOTD 11 December

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 11th, '17, 4:32 am

Do more of what makes you happy!!
I see this saying often....apply this to yourself and what would you do more of to make you happy?

Mine would be to create more.
I know that sounds silly as I create for a living, it's what I do.
But I want to create more of what I want to make.
I started painting with water colours this week. I think I will do more of that.
I want to do more bullet journaling and more in my art journal.
Even if I grab 15 mins in a day.
It makes me happy!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: QOTD 11 December

Postby antenucci » Jan 11th, '17, 1:53 pm

Since we have 6 kids and I homeschool them, I've been pretty deliberate about setting aside time for me. I take the time to exercise every morning and shower and put make-up on so that I feel good about myself. I do some sort of creating everyday which takes the stress level down. And I spend a little quiet time with Jesus. For me, I have to start my day early to get the me things in b/c it is hard not to cut them out when life gets busy, but I am definitely happiest when all the pieces make it onto our schedule.
antenucci
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SarahKing5 » Jan 11th, '17, 2:59 pm

Creating more would be one fore me to. I try and set aside the time for me to craft every day but some times I only get a few min, so I work on a project for a few days. I would like to actually do some of the DIY things I've posted on pinterest, lol Craft wise and backing wise. Baking and cooking make me really happy too.
SarahKing5
Daisy
Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 11th, '17, 5:43 pm

Wendy you are so wise.
I like your way of thinking.

Sarah, I like that you try and squeeze your time in too.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby kaffekananna » Jan 14th, '17, 3:51 am

More crafty time here too. Lately my youngest has slept really poorly which has given me zero time almost. Plus the craft room is a mess as we're doing something else that makes me happy! My man is moving his computer in to the craft room too so we'll have more time "together". We can both do what we love and still be able to talk or just be in the same room without kids. We do need to get out more as a couple though because that too makes me happy!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 14th, '17, 11:52 am

Like Wendy I know I have to make up early to fit time in for myself. for me that also means going to bed earlier. Which means less tv or other things I do like!! :( But when I have time in the morning to read a little and do some soul work, the whole day is better!

I wish I had more creative time as well. I do feel right now that there are seasons in my life. Right now I have to provide for my family and work a lot away from my home. That doesn't mean that it will always be this way. I had many years to work at home with my children and my home, garden and hobbies. I can look back at that time and feel good about the work that I did. Now I am the main bread winner and have two boys in college. We are all working together to get them through school and pay the mortgage. There is less time for my home and hobbies but that is okay. I can work less if I decide to after this season is over. Then I hope to have more time for my home work and hobbies! That keeps me going. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD