QOTD 16 December

Question of the Day

QOTD 16 December

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 15th, '16, 1:46 pm

December Daily... How is it coming? Is it happening?

I started of strong! Then I went out of town for 4 days for a swim meet and have had a tough time getting back into it. We have a relatively quiet weekend this weekend (let's hope I didn't just jinx it) so I'm hoping to catch up. I'm worried that if I don't catch up this weekend, it will be year 5 of failure... ::) :-[
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Re: QOTD 16 December

Postby kaffekananna » Dec 15th, '16, 4:07 pm

I changed my plan just a couple of days in. At first I thought yay I'm gonna do this Daily in December!! I was going to replace photo templates with real photos. Nice plan yes. This is where my but comes in. December has been a mess like always plus I realized fairly quickly that templates are dead objects to me. It is SO hard to scrap with them! So I've decided to change my plan, instead I'm picking photos and write down a couple of things every day that I want to remember. I save some ephemera too. Then I'm quietly going to do it in January. My pl/planner set up is somewhat different next year so I'll have time. I hope!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 16th, '16, 12:21 pm

You do what works for you Anna and that is all that matters! Doing it in January is better than not finishing at all, like many of us. I cramming it in in November before the new month begins!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SarahKing5 » Dec 16th, '16, 1:19 pm

I have got mine started but had sick kids and got sick myself, so fizzled out for a few days, not really much scrapping time. But I started back last night and am trying to catch up!! lol we will see I may end up finishing mine in January!
SarahKing5
Daisy
Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby buggin2stamp » Dec 16th, '16, 2:19 pm

Well I'm doing much better than last year. I moved into my house last September and wanted to document my First Christmas in my new house. Well, it was a total failure. I think I documented stuff the first week and then house stuff got in the way and I didn't have time to finish it. It also didn't help that the room that is now my craft room was packed with boxes full of my craft stuff at that time. I had kept out most of my Christmas craft stuff, but working on it in the dining room just wasn't working for me.

This year I've been keeping notes of what my story will be for each day. I'm also referring to a list I got off Instagram for days that I don't have a story. I was able to catch up on missed days Monday and Tuesday night. I'm finished with days 1 to 14. Well some of them just have photos without the journaling. I add that this weekend. I'm actually using my Cocoa Daisy daily planner pages to document each day's story. I use the "notes & ideas" section. It is working nicely for me. I am also keeping it fairly simple so that I don't get overwhelmed.
buggin2stamp
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » Dec 16th, '16, 10:38 pm

I am always so impressed and excited by those of you that are motivated with all your busyness to do this!
some day I will do it. :D
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Dec 17th, '16, 11:00 am

I wasn't even sure I was going to make one this year, but I started and so far I am done through day 11. I'm enjoying it very much.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD