QOTD 13 December

Question of the Day

QOTD 13 December

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 13th, '16, 2:38 pm

Do you make your own Christmas cards?

I do digital cards and used to make my own template and card from scratch. The past two years I have just inserted pictures into existing choices and hit the BUY button for simplicity sake.

If you make your own cards and don't mind sharing, do upload and share with us please!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Re: QOTD 13 December

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 13th, '16, 3:28 pm

I think this is the first year in about 12yrs that I haven't made a single card.
I'm not sending any this year.

I've decided those that I was to wish a merry christmas to, I will pick up the phone or message.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby buggin2stamp » Dec 14th, '16, 10:40 am

I do make cards for my family. And I always have intentions of making them to send out. But never have time. I started my paper crafting hobby making cards. That was 15+ years ago. Yikes. And now I spend more time decorating my planner and Project Life. I'm off work for 10 days over the Christmas & New Year's holidays. I was thinking of making some cards to send to people to wish them a Happy New Year. I have the past two CD Scrapbook kits waiting to be used for that purpose.

If I have some time next week I can upload and share the cards I make for my family.
buggin2stamp
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 14th, '16, 1:46 pm

buggin2stamp wrote:I do make cards for my family. And I always have intentions of making them to send out. But never have time. I started my paper crafting hobby making cards. That was 15+ years ago. Yikes. And now I spend more time decorating my planner and Project Life. I'm off work for 10 days over the Christmas & New Year's holidays. I was thinking of making some cards to send to people to wish them a Happy New Year. I have the past two CD Scrapbook kits waiting to be used for that purpose.

If I have some time next week I can upload and share the cards I make for my family.

Enjoy your time off and the holidays! I can't wait to see what you create! I'm sure your family loves to receive that personalized card, I know I would!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby kaffekananna » Dec 15th, '16, 6:58 am

I make em! Had a blast making them this year together with frank. I stamped a bunch of motives on a piece of cardstock and we colored them in together. Then he got to cut the motives out and we ripped patterned paper that we layered on black cards with the cut outs. And some washi. The look supercute! Can take a photo tomorrow and upload if you'd like?
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 15th, '16, 1:39 pm

kaffekananna wrote:I make em! Had a blast making them this year together with frank. I stamped a bunch of motives on a piece of cardstock and we colored them in together. Then he got to cut the motives out and we ripped patterned paper that we layered on black cards with the cut outs. And some washi. The look supercute! Can take a photo tomorrow and upload if you'd like?

They sound fabulous Anna! So great that you included Frank, I bet he loved it. I would love to see them please! Remind me which of your children is Frank? The oldest? How old are your kids?
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby kaffekananna » Dec 15th, '16, 4:02 pm

SuzannaL wrote:They sound fabulous Anna! So great that you included Frank, I bet he loved it. I would love to see them please! Remind me which of your children is Frank? The oldest? How old are your kids?

He was so excited! The day after his dad and him talked something about mom being good at making pretty stuff and he replied "I'm only good at ripping stuff" and his dad reminded him that he made pretty cards the previous day. And he shone up like a little sun beam. "Yes I am good at making pretty stuff!" He shouted happily.

Not easy keeping track of people's kids, franks is my eldest that is correct. He turns 4 in February. So still my lil 3 year old <3 growing way too fast!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 16th, '16, 10:41 pm

How wonderful when we can do it!
I made some and bought others but I don't send nearly as many as I used to.
It is such a wonderful ritual and I hope to enjoy it more when my life slows down some day!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Dec 18th, '16, 9:54 am

25839 our cards! Frank has also decided who gets which card. So cool that he's getting so big so he can be involved like this. And just seeing the pride on his face when we've accomplished something together. Pure love!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 18th, '16, 11:41 am

Anna those are brilliant!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 19th, '16, 2:48 pm

What fun Anna!! I love that he chose who gets what card too! Lovely!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to QOTD