QOTD 10 January

Question of the Day

QOTD 10 January

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 10th, '16, 5:52 am

If you had siblings when growing up, did you argue much as kids?

I fought terribly with my sister. Physically.
She was 5 yrs younger and we were like chalk and cheese.
I was girly, well behaved, did well and school....she was a tom boy, naughty and scribbled in my books and broke my toys. We couldn't have been more different......there were lots of fights. I have scars on my arms from where she would scratch and pinch me with her claws.

My brother is 12.5yrs younger, so we didn't fight. It's more of a motherly relationship I have with him.

The 3 of us are very very close now though.

(My sister is still the opposite of me though and still a tom boy) :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: QOTD 10 January

Postby deblew » Jan 10th, '16, 8:58 am

I have 5 brothers & 4 sister's. I don't remember arguing much...think I was too busy being the 2nd mom. But my 2 older brothers fought - fist-fight/ wrestling all the time. Usually until someone got hurt. Not fun to watch. They still aren't the best of friends...
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Jan 10th, '16, 9:22 am

I'm an only child... but my husband and his brother never got along and they still don't.
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzannaL » Jan 10th, '16, 10:57 am

I am the oldest (or is it eldest? I've never been able to figure that one out...) of three. My sister is piggy and my brother the youngest. We would fight but nothing nasty. Usually it was the girl's, we shared a room, against the boy. Sometimes it was my brother and I ganging up against my sister but that's cos she was a brat and always wanted things her way, even when in the minority. I remember those fights well because they were always when my parents were out for the evening.

We were really close in high school and college years and then as we married and had families, we grew apart in distance physically. Which then lead to distance in our relationships too. We don't not get along, just all over the place.
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SuzMannecke » Jan 10th, '16, 11:19 am

I am the youngest of three and can honestly say I don't remember fighting with my sisters as they are/were so much older than myself and were out of the house by the time I graduated from grade/elementary school. I do recall taunting my middle sister, Linda, when she was on the phone with her friends/boyfriend. We had one phone in the dining room, on the wall, with a long curly cord. Let's just say I knew how far I had to be from my sister before she had to drop the phone to reach me! ;) Ha!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Savi » Jan 10th, '16, 11:36 am

I had a younger brother and yeah, we would fight. :) But we lived out in a rural area, and were the two oldest kids on the lane... so we were also buddies. When we got too nasty, mom would separate us and our punishment would be we couldn't talk/play with the other for 24 hours. So of course we would "sneak" some contact. I don't know if it was by design or accident but I'll claim my mom was brilliant. ;)

Now he lives in CA and I live in MN... we text or email now and then. We're very different but we're very comfortable with each other. He's a good kid, for a little brother. ;)
Savi
Daisy
Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 10th, '16, 12:06 pm

It's really interesting hearing all your sibling stories.

Suz, could you imagine kids now having to talk on the phone that has a cord attached and not being able to just chat anywhere??? :D
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Jan 10th, '16, 12:20 pm

I have 2 sisters, one older and one younger.
We definitely fought but not anything crazy. My older sister is 5 years older than me and my little sister is 3 years younger. I took care of my little sister quite a bit and so was more motherly to her. My older sister I thought was so cool and perfect. She couldn't be bothered with me while we were growing up.

Sadly, none of us are close now. We have all been affected by the family disease of alcoholism which often makes relationships strained or difficult. I love them very much but it's hard to have relationships with them. Interesting thing though, my little sister who really struggles with sobriety, is so much easier to deal with than my non drinking, religiously fanatical sister. :( My little sister and I send cards and email but talking on the phone can be unpredictable. They are both really smart, beautiful and good people. I always have hope that someday things will change!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Jan 10th, '16, 1:49 pm

My brother is 2 years younger than me and we did argue, but I also remember us having fun times together. We're pretty close now, as adults. Not that we talk every day or every week, but I feel that we have a good relationship and I love his little family (wife and 2 kids).
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandyK » Jan 10th, '16, 6:18 pm

I'm an only and after seeing how my hubs and kids are with siblings I'm kinda glad I was an only :)
MandyK
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kissy » Jan 10th, '16, 10:12 pm

I have 3 older brothers and the one closest to me in age fought constantly, he always thought I was getting more attention. We are close now but he still makes little digs now and then....but he does love to tease!
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD