QOTD 08 January

Question of the Day

QOTD 08 January

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 8th, '16, 6:18 am

Do you have a favourite local cafe/restaurant .....?
Is it in walk distance?
What do you like about it?

I've just booked a table at our local pub for tonight.
We only started going there about 3 yrs ago.
It never used to have a nice feel, but it's had a change of hands and it's lovely in there now. Clean, spacious and it's really cozy and serves good food.
It takes less than 10 mins for us to walk.

We got a 25% off voucher after Christmas.....so the 4 of us are going there for dinner at 5pm tonight :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: QOTD 08 January

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Jan 8th, '16, 7:54 am

Oh how nice, Lisa! Have a great dinner! We have a local pizza (they even have gluten free) and wing restaurant nearby. It is 3 miles away. We used to walk to it when we didn't have as many kids :)

Now, we order their delivery a bunch! They know us... lol
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Jan 8th, '16, 11:39 am

Have fun Lisa!

We had a local Mexican restaurant we love, but only go there now on rare occasions since it isn't healthy for us. So, instead we just recently found a place called Newk's that had amazing salads and pizzas. (Not sure if it is a franchise/chain?) Our favorite restaurant is in Hawaii though. Organic and yummy! (Plus, the atmosphere and location is awesome!)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SuzannaL » Jan 8th, '16, 12:13 pm

Here in suburbia, nothing is really walkable... This big city girl struggles with that but... It's good for family and raising the kids.

I would love to have a neighborhood pub to walk to like my Gran had and it sounds like you have Lisa. There is something to be said for how they bring communities together!

We don't eat out much so we don't really have a favorite. The kids sure do love their Potbelly sandwiches and shakes however!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Jan 8th, '16, 12:39 pm

Our local restaurants are just bar pubs - not that great either. So no we don't
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Jan 8th, '16, 1:28 pm

There are restaurants we could walk to here in the suburbs, but none that I call a favorite. We do however have many restaurants that we like to visit with in a short drive. John and I have been trying out lots of new restaurants, we call it our adventures in the dining. The last new place we tried was Mexican. The food was good, but my margarita was only so-so. ;D
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Savi » Jan 8th, '16, 2:22 pm

We live in a really small town, but we're lucky to have a few places that we really enjoy. My husband usually has class Monday night, so the boys and I hit one of our favorite three for dinner. My fave is a pizza place with a gluten free crust (I totally get it, Ashli!). It's close enough to walk or bike to... hm. We should do that. When it gets a little nicer... :D
Savi
Daisy
Daisy

Postby deblew » Jan 8th, '16, 3:57 pm

We have a favorite that's a "bistro" I guess. Wonderful artisan Italian food. Definitely not the Olive Garden variety! lol They've always had this Tasting Tuesday thing they do (that we just tried out the last couple of weeks) ... the chef plans a four course meal - appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert, you pay the flat fee and can add on wine parings with each course if you want. It's a great way to try different things and not get a huge plateful. Plus trying wines that we might not normally try. It's been a lot of fun!

ETA... no it is not within walking distance.
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby doris sander » Jan 8th, '16, 4:13 pm

we live out in the country a bit and there are these little hole in the wall country markets all over the place. i describe them as old, run down, gas stations except most of them don't have gas pumps. they all have coolers along the walls, snack supplies in the middle, and a little kitchen area where they serve country type food daily. ours is jut a quarter mile up the road. they serve breakfast every day and then have a hand written board with a different lunch/dinner menu daily. we don't eat there much, but enjoy getting a breakfast plate once in a while. the biscuits are HUGE and homemade and the bacon and sausage is top notch. and it's cheap!
Doris

blog: dorissander.blogspot.com

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD