QOTD December 30th

Question of the Day

QOTD December 30th

Postby DeniseM » Dec 30th, '15, 9:57 am

Do you have any big plans for New Years Eve?

I will be working till about 7:30pm so no plans for me accept maybe a plop on the couch and a glass of wine with a take out pizza!
On New Years Day we are having my step kids over and grand children for a prime rib dinner. It will be our Christmas so I need to do some baking and gift wrapping tonight!! :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD December 30th

Postby doris sander » Dec 30th, '15, 10:01 am

I'm coming over for the prime rib! Ha!

We have a standing invitation at a friend's house. We've gone most every year since G was in kindergarten or even earlier. Some of her extended family comes over and maybe another set of friends or two. The kids all play in the basement, the adults play cards, and, of course, there are divine finger foods.
Doris

blog: dorissander.blogspot.com

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Dec 30th, '15, 10:07 am

We may have a few friends over to celebrate. Depends on if we can get unpacked from Christmas travel in time. Whatever we do, it will be as low key as possible. :) Sounds like you ladies have some lovely plans with friends and family! Enjoy and happy New Year!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SuzMannecke » Dec 30th, '15, 10:07 am

We may have a few friends over to celebrate. Depends on if we can get unpacked from Christmas travel in time. Whatever we do, it will be as low key as possible. :) Sounds like you ladies have some lovely plans with friends and family! Enjoy and happy New Year!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Dec 30th, '15, 11:06 am

Heading to friends' home. They built a beautiful new home this year and we are looking forward to celebrating with them to bring in the New Year. They have had a few unfortunate life experiences along with the good so we will be happy to see 2016 come in. Tony is playing a gig at a town too far for me to travel on New Years Eve alone. So we will not be celebrating together.

But there is the Cotton Bowl going on! GO MSU ! GO GREEN! GO WHITE!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Dec 30th, '15, 12:12 pm

We are spending a quiet one at home this year. Well, I hope it will be quiet--we will be dog sitting for the family we usually spend NYE with. Lol! Their rescue dog has not spent the night at our house before, and their 100+ pound lab is a love with us, but a bit grouchy toward our dog.

Planning a movie TBD, a couple board games, snacks and sparkling apple cider. Hope we make it to midnight!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Dec 30th, '15, 12:36 pm

We are having my Mom, and FIL over for a late lunch/early dinner. My FIL goes to the nursing home for breakfast lunch and dinner, to help my MIL. (she has alzheimers) So if we want to have FIL over, we have to do it inbetween meal times at the nursing home. Thursday is John's night to go help his Dad there, so he will go with FIL after we eat. When John comes home, I think we will just relax with a bottle of wine. Maybe watch a movie, but no plans other than that.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Dec 31st, '15, 10:15 am

My mom is going to come over and hang out with us, then spend the night. Doubt we'll make it to the ball drop, but oh well! lol We'll probably try out some new card games that ds gave me and munch on snackies. Very low key!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Dec 31st, '15, 12:41 pm

sounds like everyone has lovely plans! we are having my parent's over for dinner - it's a bit of an appreciation for how wonderful they are to us all year.
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD