QOTD February 3

Question of the Day

QOTD February 3

Postby DeniseM » Feb 3rd, '15, 8:18 am

What makes you feel lonely?

I enjoy being alone and rarely feel lonely but I have definitely had lonely periods of my life. I was going to say that I feel lonely when I am having difficulty in a relationship. But really, it's when I am having difficulty with myself. When I am feeling spiritually fit I am okay no matter what. For me that just looks like gratitude, mediation and praying. That was not the answer I thought I was going to give! :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD February 3

Postby StephanieEloise » Feb 3rd, '15, 9:35 am

Definitely difficulty in a relationship. Especially friendships that have, for some reason, taken a backseat.
StephanieEloise
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Feb 3rd, '15, 9:53 am

I'm not sure.
I like my own company.

I think actually it's in August. Dad comes over from the States for 10 days.
My brother stays and so does my sister and her family.
We have a crazy few days and then suddenly everyone goes.
The house is so still.
It makes me so sad.
My family feel so far away and I know we have to wait a whole year to see Dad again.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby SuzMannecke » Feb 3rd, '15, 10:30 am

While I am pretty much an extrovert, I often relish time to myself. I guess I feel loneliest though, when effective, open communication and authenticity is lacking in any relationship I have. But knowing I have my Higher Power to turn to is always comforting during times of loneliness.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Feb 3rd, '15, 11:11 am

Echoing Suz's post. Right now, I'm feeling pretty lonely going through this transition at work. I think it's the feeling that it's totally out of my control and I cannot change anything
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Feb 3rd, '15, 11:30 am

I also love my alone time. Did I already share this story from my childhood? I must have been 6 or 7 and my parents were having friends over for dinner. I ran to my room and hid behind my bed when I heard the news. My dad came to my bedroom door and yelled, "You're going to be a VERY LONELY woman when you grow up!"

Well, it is not true. Lol! I will say that I still experience social anxiety, though. Rather than lonely, I feel sad sometimes when I am missing my closest friends. They are a set from Jr. High and a pair from college, and I never feel like I am truly able to be completely me with most of the friends I've had in my adult life.

I'm close to being me, but I hold in my burps, don't use fake accents as often, and don't share myself quite as deeply. Maybe I do feel lonely in that way, and I'd rather spend time with myself when I miss them.
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Feb 3rd, '15, 11:42 am

jjflair wrote:I'm close to being me, but I hold in my burps, don't use fake accents as often, and don't share myself quite as deeply. Maybe I do feel lonely in that way, and I'd rather spend time with myself when I miss them.

My family would totally LOVE you!!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Feb 3rd, '15, 11:53 am

Ah yes - another happy loner here :) I am an only child and it took my parents years to figure out that "go to your room!" was a gift and not a punishment. lol. On the flip side, while I enjoy being alone, I also enjoy having things to look forward to. So, I guess I feel most lonely when I have nothing fun or exciting on the horizon. And... fun and exciting to me is really simple stuff... like... going out to lunch, or knowing we are ordering in one night, or knowing that I get to spend time in the garden. It's the little things really, if that makes sense.

I also have to say that I had a couple of years of extreme loneliness once and it was due to some horrid, horrid things that were said about me by my in-laws. Because I spend so much time at home, with little people, and tend to lack adult time, my mind translated what they said to "everyone thinks that about me." It was a really hard hole to crawl out of. It literally took close to 3 years for me to be able to separate what they think of me from what others think of me. Scrapbooking actually helped me a lot through that. Saved me in a way :)
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AmberCA » Feb 3rd, '15, 1:31 pm

I rarely feel lonely. It is quite a struggle of mine to actually socialize with others. I mean, I'm friendly and all and I do enjoy relationships, it's just that I don't need or require people to make me happy. I don't know if this is a good quality or a bad one? ::)
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Feb 3rd, '15, 2:16 pm

I can relate to a lot of what you gals have said. I am at heart an introvert. I love spending time alone. It's not that I don't enjoy relationships and people, I just don't need a lot of it. Like Ashli, I also get excited about the little things. (scrapbook paper anyone?)

I feel lonely when I see people enjoying large gatherings and socializing and laughing. I feel like I am missing out, and it makes me sad. Then I remind myself that if I were in that situation, I'd be uncomfortable and counting the minutes until I could leave!

I do love a small intimate gathering though.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby antenucci » Feb 4th, '15, 10:24 am

I love to be alone and quiet, but then that's b/c with my 6 kids always with me I never see a moment of that ::) But I do feel lonely when my hubby and I are not on the same page, nothing wrong, just not really meshing, that makes me feel really sad.
antenucci
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to QOTD