QOTD January 15

Question of the Day

QOTD January 15

Postby DeniseM » Jan 15th, '15, 10:09 am

Had issues with my phone not turning on today. I was in a complete panic. It was crazy, a couple of frustrating hours and I finally found a fix. I would be lost without if for my business, but also, just for everyday. I have no land line, work away from home all day. It has my photos, music, pod casts. I hate that I feel so helpless without it but I do. What about you? Would you be lost without your cell phone?
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD January 15

Postby LauraC » Jan 15th, '15, 10:35 am

I'm in love with my Samsung Galaxy iiis. It's like an apendage. That says it all.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 15th, '15, 11:01 am

No not really.
I like it so the kids can contact me in an emergency and I like it for IG and having work emails when I'm away from my desk and that's about it.

I keep it by my bed on silent at weekends.
Our landline has caller ID and I choose then who I answer to.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jessi lute » Jan 15th, '15, 11:08 am

nope...while i have an old iphone 4...it's just a glorified ipod. jay and i disconnected our cell phone plans about 2 years ago and i haven't really missed it. i never used the calendar, most of my contacts are in an address book and now my planner. the only reasons i still use mine is for my yoga app, nike workouts, music and i sub to scribd....like netflix but for books...i spend a lot of time at the dance studio so it's nice to be able to bring along a book without the bulk. i don't even use it much for music...i have a couple playlists on it that i use for running or nike workouts...but that's it. i'm not consistent with instagram...and all of the above i could easily find other ways to do things and do away completely with my phone. i was getting tired of feeling constantly on and connected...and people have found other ways to contact us without texting.
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Jan 15th, '15, 11:13 am

Um.... Yeah. Some days my iPhone feels like an extension of my arm. I should probably work on that...
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Jan 15th, '15, 12:00 pm

Yep...yep and yep. :-[
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby AmberCA » Jan 15th, '15, 12:30 pm

Nope...I'm probably one of the only people in America that doesn't own a smartphone. I use my phone only to keep in contact with my kiddos.
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Jan 15th, '15, 1:26 pm

I like it for quick texts with Christine and my son, but otherwise I could live without it. :) I think.
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby DeniseM » Jan 15th, '15, 6:57 pm

I guess if I had a land line it wouldn't be so bad. All my client info is on it to, should probably back it up to my computer but since I am not home all day that might not help. Probably should put all that stuff in my planner.

I have to say I appreciate it like now when I waiting at an office till they close so I can go clean it for the next 2 hours. It's nice to stop by CD and visit for a bit. Since I am gone from home so much I would be pretty isolated w/o it!! Glad I got it to work. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby bonitarose » Jan 15th, '15, 9:40 pm

I am one of those ppl that refuses to be a slave to my phone.
It's always on silent. Always.
When I'm with ppl.. I never pull out my phone.. never.
It's always on silent, so I don't know when ppl call, or don't hear any notifications.
I choose when to look at my phone. I choose. I look at it when I have time to.

Otherwise, I choose to live my life.
My phone is just that.. a phone.
I look at it when I want to .

I am NOT one of those ppl that am tied to my phone not at all.
I personally feel ppl are way too attached to their cellphones.. I hate it.
Personal relationships suffer because of it.

just how I feel.
xo bonita rose
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby KimberlyMarie » Jan 15th, '15, 10:59 pm

I often forget my phone at home, I survive....my kids on the other hand not so much.....lol
KimberlyMarie
Daisy
Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Jan 16th, '15, 8:47 am

While I get what Bonita is saying for herself, personally, I love taking photos with my phone, access to my children in San Diego, Diego Garcia, Tokyo, Guam etc. Wherever they are at the moment. I can have access to photo sharing from the places they are exploring and sharing in their everyday lives over the distance.

I keep my phone on silent when out with friends and only check it from my purse or pocket if I know my kids or a family member may need to reach me. I do not carry it to the dinner table and I leave it in the car during mass. Although I love my phone, I do have etiquette and trust me I have a LOT of interaction in the real world
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 16th, '15, 9:52 am

I agree Laura. I think it depends on where you are in your life and what your work situation is. If you are a SAHM or a work at home person or just a enjoying life at home person, you don't really need a phone do you?
If you work outside the home, have teenagers who drive cars, or just kids in general, being in touch seems pretty standard. Lots of people may not be on the phone much but probably are on the computer a whole lot more than I am. And like I said, I don't have a land line.

I don't feel like a slave to my phone. It's an important tool of my business. I am not on my phone at home, out to dinner, etc. I don't constantly check emails on it or Facebook updates etc. I use it for music and pod casts during the day as I work mostly by myself. Try cleaning houses/offices 10 hours a day with no one to talk to!! It's pretty boring some times. I really enjoy listening to This American Life, Radio Lab and my favorite, On Being. I learn so much about the world and people in it. I too enjoy taking photos of my kids and grandkids with my phone. That being said, I am not taking photos instead of being present.

I did put all my contact info for clients into my planner. That way if I lose my phone, or it crashes, I will have access to it. I realized I do have everything backed up on my computer to but I can't run home in the middle of the day to access it so having it in my planner is a good idea!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD