QOTD 12 January

Question of the Day

QOTD 12 January

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 12th, '15, 5:51 am

Do you have any other crafty/creative people in your family?

My Mum is a florist, she knits and is a whizz in sugar crafts.
My brother is just finishing a degree in fine arts.
It looks like Hollie is leaning in that direction now too. Her head says maths/biology her heart says art...we shall see.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: QOTD 12 January

Postby LauraC » Jan 12th, '15, 6:52 am

My mom was artistic but struggled with her illness so much that she really didn't use it to her best of her ability. My dad loved to sing and all of my brothers do too. They were all leads in our school musicals. While I like to sing, I'm much more private about it.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby bonitarose » Jan 12th, '15, 9:29 am

I have no one.
My mom isn't creative at all.
My daughters just never got into anything crafty.

That's ok.. more supplies for me. ;)
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Olivia » Jan 12th, '15, 1:34 pm

My mom isn't overly crafty, but she is very good with plants. I hope with her help to get a lot better with flower beds and gardening.

My sister-in-law is really good at drawing/painting and both my nieces like to craft. They love coming over and playing in my scrap space.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Jan 12th, '15, 1:51 pm

My mother is an amazing seamstress... she made a lot of our clothes when we were growing up. She even made men's suits when she worked as a seamstress for a fabric shop. She now loves making quilts... she's made one for everyone of her grandchildren who have graduated high school... which I believe is about 23. Some of my siblings have some creative talent... one brother is an architect, one is a hobbyist woodworker, one sister is an amazing interior decorator.. another is a genius at costume making (good thing since Halloween is her favorite holiday!), and another sister is a quilter like my mom. So I guess the creative genes made their way through a lot of kids!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby AnnaB » Jan 12th, '15, 4:36 pm

My dad was drawing and painting. Not much the last few years, unfortunately. Not much when I was a kid either, but a little every now and then... It was an hobby - he was never an artist that lived on his art. He was also into pottery for a short while - perhaps 5-10 years ago? I have a coffee mug that I really love, and a few other things that he made. I also have lots of paintings of course and even drawings he made as a kid that his mother saved.

His mother also painted - watercolours and on porcelain.

My brother has written a book - does that count? :D
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Jan 12th, '15, 7:11 pm

My mother is a bit of a martha stewart. Into many things and always good at them. She tends to obsessively dive into different crafts, hold on to them for a while and then move onto something else. She sews, needle felts, knits, she even had a stint at making body scrubs. Never scrapping though... she just doesn't get it. My dad would tell you he is not at all creative, but when I grew up, we needed to watch our money, so we only did handmade gifts for christmas and he made the most AMAZING lamps for me. I still have all of them.

My great uncle was a professor of graphic design and his wife was an architect.
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 12th, '15, 7:12 pm

My mother is an incredible pianist. She also is an amazing decorator/gardener/cook. She also enjoyed sewing, painting, and many other crafts when she was younger. My father, not so much. He was an engineer/math/science. My sisters are not crafty or arty at all.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby JanetS » Jan 12th, '15, 9:38 pm

My mom and dad pursued hobbies and were really good at them! Mom sewed and liked decoupage. Dad made lovely things like benches from wood. I get my interest in crafts from botof them and am so glad for that! :)
JanetS
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AmberCA » Jan 13th, '15, 1:20 pm

My mom is very creative and crafty. She taught me to stitch and quilt at a very early age. she makes beautiful quilts and embroideries, and she has always made her own curtains for as long as I can remember.
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Jan 13th, '15, 1:55 pm

My dad started as an art major and is very creative with painting, carving, and drawing. My oldest sister is awesome with cake decorating and sewing.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jessi lute » Jan 13th, '15, 4:22 pm

my mom does it all....quilts, sews, embroiders, cooks, bakes, gardens, rock/fossil collector, origami, draws, gosh the list is endless. but i know much of it was due to need and circumstance. i feel lucky that she passed it all down to me and i can do all these things as a choice or hobby.
my dad is not very artsy/crafty.
i have an aunt who is a fine art major and is an amazing artist who owns her own studio and and gallery that supports local talent.
another aunt who likes to dabble in a little bit of everything.
my gramma used to write folky music and play the autoharp...she passed away about 6 years ago. i have her autoharp and a book that holds her music.
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to QOTD