QOTD 10 November

Question of the Day

QOTD 10 November

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 10th, '14, 4:22 am

Todays discussion is beds/sleep.
Are you double/king/queen?
Soft/hard mattress?
Blankets/Duvets?
Do you like to go to bed alone and read? Do you take a drink or watch tv???

The reason this comes to mind is that I've been thinking alot about sleep and beds lately.
I love the resort that we stay in in Orlando but I never sleep well. Every night I wake up.
The bed is huge. I think it's 2 doubles together. But I think it's too big and I feel so far away from Ade.
At home we have a King. I like to have space but we do sleep close. I have alot of bad dreams so when I wake I like to feel close to him. I think that bed over there is just too big for me.
But this time there was a really deep mattress topper on the bed which was so cozy. So the next day when we came home we bought one for ours. We love it so much.
The bed is now referred to as 'the cloud'.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: QOTD 10 November

Postby TerryB » Nov 10th, '14, 7:54 am

We slept on a queen mattress for a long time, but somewhere along the line I started with insomnia, and John's snoring got worse. Not a good combination for getting some sleep. I would get so darn frustrated that often he or I would end up in a different room, but that's another story! About four years ago we bought a king mattress. Half the coils are firm, and half are plush. It also has a layer of memory foam on the top. We love it, and I love the larger size mattress. I get the best sleep during the colder months. We like to turn the heat way down at night so the room is cool, and pile on the blankets. I don't read or watch tv in bed anymore. It's a no, no when you have insomnia, but I used to love reading a good book in bed.

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well on your vacation Lisa. That's probably part of the reason you were getting the migraines. I know a bad nights sleep affects me in that way.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandiePierce » Nov 10th, '14, 8:19 am

we have a king memory foam type mattress with a great martha stewart mattress pad (say what you want about martha, but she and her staff of people who design stuff... know their stuff!) i don't think we could go any other way again. the thing is heavy as heck though. moving it when we moved ourselves down here was interesting...
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Nov 10th, '14, 8:29 am

I agree Mandie on the Martha comment. Whatever you feel about her, she has good products.

We have a queen bed. We fight over blankets all the time. I need to get the European blanket info and do that. My friend said she slept on a bed on a river cruise in Germany and they had the bed folded in such a way that each of them had their own blanket. Probably Youtube has it.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » Nov 10th, '14, 8:49 am

We have a queen bed with an pillow top mattress that was a lot of drama to buy, after we had hassles with a foam mattress top.
We love this one now, and most the time Crew climbs in and sleeps on Chip's side of the bed. So it depends on if Chip wants to move him or not who I end up with by morning. :D

I love a bed with lots of blankets or at least heavy warmth year round. I am cold all the time. So the warmer the better for me- especially in winter months.
Chip likes it cool and so I make sure I get more blanket on my side so that I am not trying to pull it out from under him when we sleep.

We listen to songs on youtube in bed while tucking the kids in. Teague has his favorites and Crew loves hymns and worship songs. I love that they like to sing to God at the end of their day. It usually reminds me that they do have soft, sweet hearts even though there may have been lots of naughty behaviors and squabbles during the day. Turning your heart and mind to love and goodness is a nice way to fall asleep, I think.

I just need more hours in my night...I get about 5-6 hours of sleep on average. Which is why I do love snow days and summer. Longer mornings! ;)
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Nov 10th, '14, 11:06 am

We have a queen size Tempurpedic that we love. We invested in it about 4 years ago when our other mattress was causing both of us to have problems with our arms falling asleep (numbness and paresthesias-tingling sensations) and back problems. I am also a very light sleeper and this mattress has been great for allowing both of us to sleep better as the other isn't disturbed when leaving or coming to bed.

Both Mick and myself like to sleep in a cold room with lots of blankets. In the winter, I change to flannel sheets with the silk comforter my in-laws gave us for a gift years ago. It has a simple duvet on it. Then I add a comforter on top of that. Cocooned and cozy! LOL
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby bonitarose » Nov 10th, '14, 1:48 pm

We sleep on a Queen size bed on an Ikea Bed frame.. we just love it.
two pillows each and minimal blankets in the winter here... cuz usually the heat is on a bit in the house for the cooler evgs... I know... in the summers, when the AC is going nonstop.. it's cool and comfy in the house and that's when we use lots of blankets.. I know... weird.. .but that's how we sleep the best!

I love sleeping on Kings when we travel anywhere... I always hv a great sleep.. but Greg doesn't like being so far away... so we'll probably always hv a Queen.. it's ok.. I love him. ;)
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Kelly in Canada » Nov 10th, '14, 1:57 pm

queen sized for us; we are moving soon and one of the first things i am purchasing is a new bed because i think we are now (and for the last eleven years) sleeping on the worst bed known to man!
Kelly in Canada
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 10th, '14, 10:47 pm

You will all laugh, we have a full-not even a queen! It's a good pillow top mattress that is very comfortable.
I think its one of the reasons we aren't divorced! You can't ignore eachother in a bed that small.

We obviously sleep close so I like the room to be cool. No tv in our room. Yes I do like to read and usually do for a little bit before bed.

I try for 7 hours. I have RA which I manage really well with but need tosleep enough. I Can and do go with 5/6 hours but can't do that too many days in a row.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby arleigh » Nov 10th, '14, 11:15 pm

I like extra firm. rock hard. we just bought a new extra firm mattress a week ago. first night on my new bed, I woke up without back pain! it was fantastic!

husband wants a king and I'd be okay with a full, so we settled on a queen. I don't move when I sleep. sometimes I literally wake up in the exact same position 8 hours later. but lately I've been having hot flashes so I do a lot of thrashing around and sticking my legs and arms out, trying to cool down. we call it the hokey pokey.

when it's time to sleep, my brain likes to pester me with thoughts, so I have to have something to do, mental white noise, until I can fall asleep, like documentaries or talk shows on tv, or a game on my tablet, or crossword puzzles.

and I cannot sleep without first putting chapstick on my lips.
arleigh
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to QOTD