QOTD November 4

Question of the Day

QOTD November 4

Postby DeniseM » Nov 4th, '14, 9:55 am

What is your greatest extravagance?

Art and scrap supplies. I don't really spend money on other things except food/shelter. Actually that isn't true. When I think about how much cell phones actually cost per month, that is a great extravagance.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD November 4

Postby LauraC » Nov 4th, '14, 10:24 am

Cell phones - I still pay for two of my adult childrens phones. I should discontinue that but we haven't. My Cocoa Daisy purchases. I try to keep my purchases to just CD to justify the monthly regular expense. I told my husband that technically I SAVE money this way and I do but when it all rolls in at the first of the month vs spread out over the whole month, it's hard to justify - tee hee.

I also love the Ulta stores. I try to stay out of them but NICE makeup really has me hooked vs the drugstore stuff. I know, I know.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby bonitarose » Nov 4th, '14, 10:36 am

Great question.

I think mine/our greatest extravagance as a couple is where we live. We moved to live in a beach cottage on the beach in FL about two years ago now fr ND. huge life change.. but it's something we wanted to do and experience. We love it... Love it! But our rent here is high, and right now, we just aren't ready to buy here.. so for now.. we're living on the beach yes.. but any coastal property comes at a high price.. We def pay more per month for our rent than most normal people do.

For me personally, It's a few things.
Paper supplies for sure.
Meaning scrapbooking, artjournaling, cards, staionery, journals, all that stuff.
I love to write, I'm a list maker big time, it's amazing to me I hadn't subbed to the planner pages till this month... LOL

Stationery and paper anything is a huge draw for me... but hey, I guess that's why we're here right? ;)
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Nicole N » Nov 4th, '14, 10:52 am

Another good question today!

I would say it is costume jewellery... although I usually buy cheap items (so I don't get burned if they break or get lost)... I buy a lot. My large jewellry box is pretty full!
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby TerryB » Nov 4th, '14, 11:20 am

I would say scrap supplies too. I should probably add going out to dinner with John. It's something we rarely ever did when the boys were younger, but since we started our "adventures in dining" date nights, we've been eating out more often.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Nov 4th, '14, 11:44 am

Restaurant meals, my iPhone contract, our subscription to the Outlander TV show, scrapbooking supplies, online classes, books, and (at the moment) the new furnace and flooring we just bought.

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 4th, '14, 12:24 pm

Good one.

I'm not an extravagent person at all. Infact I get such a buzz from making money and saving. I love it!!

My nails I guess.
I get acrylic tips which cost me abour $25 every 3-4 weeks.
Our love of coffee.
We have a decent coffee machine and grind and make our own lattes, but we don't have traveling exepenses as we both work from home, but probably once every 2-3 weeks we do go out for coffee together.

Denise, are cell phone bills expensive in the US then?
Mines $40 a month for everything and I get a free upgrade of a phone every two years.

Hold on, I've just thought of my biggest extravagance.
Our Florida trips.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jessi lute » Nov 4th, '14, 12:30 pm

CD has probably become my biggest extravagance...
we no longer have cell phones...hated being connected all the time and the cost! love not having a cell :)

however, i love yarn and fabrics and can get carried away buying supplies for crocheting and sewing!
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Nov 4th, '14, 1:55 pm

Funky Fairy wrote:Good one.

Denise, are cell phone bills expensive in the US then?
Mines $40 a month for everything and I get a free upgrade of a phone every two years.

Hold on, I've just thought of my biggest extravagance.
Our Florida trips.

Our 4 phones on the family plan through Verizon is about $240 a month and that is with a 18% employee discount on my phone. two of the phones have 2 G of data, 2 are grandfathered in for unlimited data, unlimited text messaging and 700 share minutes for phone calls. Verizon to Verizon is free calling and free calling to everyone else after 9 p.m. and weekends. No holidays any more though.

Oh and they did away with free upgrades. The days of a free phone are gone.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Nov 4th, '14, 2:18 pm

I though of something else....I get season tickets for the theatre with my girlfriends. :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Nov 4th, '14, 3:55 pm

Definitely my scrap/craft shopping! I am having an intervention with myself very soon. ;)
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Kelly in Canada » Nov 4th, '14, 4:05 pm

fun question. for me it is leather bags, specifically roots leather bags. they are a major weakness though i have managed not to buy one for myself for quite some time. i did give a lovely bag to my sister for her birthday this year though. other than that, paper/yarn/quilting fabric. i need to shift it to clothing very soon however because when it comes right down to it, i am pretty close to needing a whole new wardrobe but the thought of having to go through the process of buying it is too daunting to even think about.
Kelly in Canada
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 4th, '14, 5:47 pm

Interesting question... my biggest extravagances would have to be scrapping/craft supplies and e-books; then there's our iPhones, and camping fees & gas to get to camping locations.

As DS always, says "YOLO".... you only live once. And what else is money for - to spend -- cuz you can't take it with you! :D
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Return to QOTD