QOTD October 9

Question of the Day

QOTD October 9

Postby DeniseM » Oct 8th, '14, 12:59 pm

No question today. I say we pay it forward today with a scrappy complimentb to someone here on the MB. I guess it can be any kind of compliment. :)

I will go first.

This is for Laura. I wanted you to know that I think you are a really interesting person and a wonderful woman. You have a joy for life and so many interests and hobbies in addition to being such an incredibly hard working woman. I have never met you in person but I can tell by your friendships, and family that you are a good friend/mom/wife! You are a babe Laura!!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD October 9

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 8th, '14, 3:10 pm

Denise, that's so nice.
I totally agree with you. Laura is a keeper. I admire her so much.

Mine is to Jody.
Again, someone I've never met but I know I would be great friends with. I get such a good and warm vibe from Jody. She's taught me so much and probably has no idea how much she's inspired me over the years.
I really look up to Jody, everything she achieves and does, her bubbliness and positive outlook even when life is cloudy. I love her scrapbooking style and it totally amazes me how she manages to even find time to scrap with everything else that she has going on around her.
She's a diamond. The world needs more Jodys.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby LauraC » Oct 8th, '14, 7:37 pm

oh man, Denise - I'm honored. Thank you for your kind words

So many wonderful people here - you've all made me feel like I belong and am a part of Cocoa Daisy. So much talent and INTERESTING women here. I want to say Denise but then that would be like I only said it because she picked me. I have a draw to Denise - I have said before that I felt like we were connected somewhere before. She's just one of those people who you "click" with - right away. I know we have a mutual admiration thing going on. I love her "scribble" paint technique of scrapping. It's a polar opposite of my simple scrapping but it always tells a tale. She is a scrapper who I would love to read the notes she tucks into her pages.

I'm going to add Lisa - She's unique. From partway around the world but like she lives in the next town over. She works from her home and works hard. Such gorgeous work she does too. She found her niche. She shares her love of her family through her writing - every day. and even more through her scrap pages. Even when she's upset or worried, it comes right through. I love her love of Disney. I want to be on her trip with her to see Disney through her eyes. Can't wait for more of her scrappy tales. Will she do 12x12 layouts or DITL? Excited to see her photos of her, Ade, Louis and Holly.

What I love about our community is how your lives all shine through in your scrap pages. I can feel who you are through your pages. Stories told through the scrapping and photos.
Last edited by LauraC on Oct 8th, '14, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Oct 8th, '14, 7:38 pm

Lovely tributes to and from such fine ladies! ;)

I would like to give a shout out to Aliza Deutsch for her master story-telling abilities. I love, love, love the journaling she includes with her layouts. Aliza, you always have the wisest words for your boys and are also funny, open, honest and pull such unique and interesting stories to scrap. You always leave me thinking.

Thank you for sharing yourself here!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Oct 8th, '14, 8:06 pm

Agree, agree to all those. So true. :)

Lisa F, I have to say I regret so much not grabbing you at CHA and saying, "hey, come hang with us." Sharmaine, Lisa, Mandy and Stephanie and I were so brain dead that day we saw you. I wish we could have had more time to spend with you and get to know you. :) Maybe next time, if I ever go again!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Oct 8th, '14, 8:23 pm

Love this post. Says a lot about the community here.

I will have to say Lisa F. She was active here at CD so when I met her at CHA, she was familiar to me. I could tell she connected with members here. And since then I see her fun, silly personality, her love of the hobby, and her artistic side.

Hope to see you again Lisa at CHA!
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nicole N » Oct 8th, '14, 9:03 pm

Well, I just have to tell you all about my friend Patricia :) She is seriously the sweetest person I know. I am so glad we got to meet last CHA and will see each other soon. She is always around if I need someone to talk to ... i just wish we lived closer!!!
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby DeniseM » Oct 8th, '14, 9:19 pm

Nicole and Patricia I had heard from Mandy K that you were both the nicest woman and a lot of fun to be around. I hope to meet you both one day!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 9th, '14, 12:33 am

DeniseM wrote:Agree, agree to all those. So true. :)

Lisa F, I have to say I regret so much not grabbing you at CHA and saying, "hey, come hang with us." Sharmaine, Lisa, Mandy and Stephanie and I were so brain dead that day we saw you. I wish we could have had more time to spend with you and get to know you. :) Maybe next time, if I ever go again!!

Denise, I have said this many a time too :(
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Sherry C » Oct 9th, '14, 9:04 am

Shout out to Lisa (funky fairy), always a ray of sunshine and she keeps the boards hopping! I also happen to love her scrappy style!

I do love our members - I enjoy the diverse, amazing women that make CD their scrappy home!
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Oct 9th, '14, 9:50 am

Feeling so loved right now!!! (insert Tears of Joy emoji here) Denise and Lisa, there are few moments that I would consider going back in time for, but that one is tops! Especially with the fun Mandy, Steph and I had the following year.

And, Patricia, meeting you at CHA was such a treat! You had just started popping up on the message boards, so I recognized your face and it was so cool to meet in real life. Your voice--I just wanted to keep asking you questions to keep you talking! So calm and buttery, and the gator girl accent is just the cherry on top. :D I loved spending some time with you, Nicole, and Jennie. Such a trio of scrappy magnificence! Lol!

I am already looking forward to January's CHA!! Hooray!! Glad to hear you will be there, Patricia!!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AmberCA » Oct 9th, '14, 12:56 pm

I haven't been around here much lately, but I still stop in once in awhile for a glance and spy. YYou ladies are the best and there is nowhere like CD! I want to give a little shout out to Emily Pitts and Lisa Saunders, they always make me smile and are such positve people, not to mention talented, I know that if we ever met we would be instant friends. ;)

Denise you are so wonderful as well, and you always come up with the best questions that always get me thinking....this was such a good idea!

All the ladies here at CD are amazing and I always find myself coming back here, just like coming home.
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Oct 9th, '14, 6:24 pm

I agree with you Amber!

Nicole, I wish we did live closer. The girls could play together. I could use your fashion expertise. It would so awesome! Nicole, Jennie and me had never met in real life but planned on rooming together at CHA and hit it off!!! I can't wait to see you again!!

Lisa F, you are going again?!! YAY!!! I need to give you my cell. And you make me laugh. That was the most interesting is hearing everyone's voice in real life. And trust me my accent is mild compared to others here.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Oct 10th, '14, 9:38 am

Amber, thank you, I needed this today :) I have to say I've missed being around more the last few weeks. There's just been so much behind the scenes work lately and I've been thinking and doing CD all the time, but I've not been able to get on the message boards.

I love it here, we have an amazing group of ladies that love and support each other. Christine and I were talking about how wonderful our members are, there is no cattiness or complaining, it's just a great place to be. Thank you all for making it that way, it's nice to have a safe place like CD.

I need to thank Ashley for her gallery this month. It was poetic and something I really needed this morning.
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby StephanieEloise » Oct 10th, '14, 12:37 pm

I would have to say Sherry! I have hung out with her in person, and you guys don't know what you're missing! She is sarcastic, funny, caring and talented. I only wish I saw her more.

As for the rest of ya's, it would take me HOURS to say all the good things I feel.
StephanieEloise
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Oct 11th, '14, 10:17 pm

Steph, I adore you! and I love the way you described Sherry!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Oct 12th, '14, 8:30 am

StephanieEloise wrote:I would have to say Sherry! I have hung out with her in person, and you guys don't know what you're missing! She is sarcastic, funny, caring and talented. I only wish I saw her more.

As for the rest of ya's, it would take me HOURS to say all the good things I feel.

I feel the same about you, Steph, thank you! ♥
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD