QOTD October 2

Question of the Day

QOTD October 2

Postby DeniseM » Oct 2nd, '14, 9:35 am

Do you decorate for the fall? Change up your home decor with the changing of the seasons?
I do not right now. It is fun and looks so pretty but I am just barely keeping up with my regular chores and haven't done it the past several years. Although I do have some pretty mums on my porch.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: QOTD October 2

Postby jjflair » Oct 2nd, '14, 9:58 am

Not really. I put a Happy Halloween on the front door and buy a couple of pumpkins, then switch the door thing to a Happy Thanksgiving one come November. I did more when the kids were little. Now, I'm with you, Denise. I am just trying to keep up with the regular stuff.

Makes me a bit sad, because Fall is my favorite. But, I just...can't. :-\
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Oct 2nd, '14, 10:00 am

Ditto here Denise but I really want to do Fall again - I'm making an effort this weekend to get SOMETHING out for fall. I miss decorating for the seasons
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Oct 2nd, '14, 11:24 am

I put out a handful of items-mostly candles and some cute fall decorative plates I have on a plate rack. Otherwise, no. To busy with boys' fall extracurriculars. I am good with that though! Making memories! ;)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Nicole N » Oct 2nd, '14, 11:43 am

nope... nothing here either. We may put up some halloween stuff the actual week of halloween but that is about it!
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby deblew » Oct 2nd, '14, 2:26 pm

We do Halloween up big time and then some for Thanksgiving. But nothing for "fall" per se. May do more for Turkey day this year if we host... ;)
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby jessi lute » Oct 2nd, '14, 6:22 pm

i usually create a fall wreath for the door or reuse ones from previous years, and hang a bunting banner that hangs under a shelf in our entrance. the shelf also holds a chalkboard canvas that i usually write/draw a new sentiment on for each season/holiday

other then that...i don't do the whole house...i'll decorate the table for thanksgiving on thanksgiving...
so unless not raking my yard and having a gorgeous yellow and orange hued carpet of leaves across our front and back lawns counts....that's as decorative as i get for fall!
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Patricia » Oct 2nd, '14, 10:33 pm

We all sound the same. But with our daughter being little, we do get into it more. I do love Fall. Once we have garage sale, we'll start getting things out. We try to add to Halloween decor each year, but we may just keep what we have. I would love one of those cemeteries in the front yard. LOL Nothing too creepy, but just kind of cool, you know.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Oct 3rd, '14, 6:11 am

I don't do too much. Outside I change our door mat & wreath, and add mums & pumpkins to the porch. Inside I switch some pillows on the sofa, and change up my kitchen table arrangement. This is my favorite thing to change seasonally because it adds a big impact without much work. :)
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Marti » Oct 3rd, '14, 7:26 am

I should. Really, I should. The kids would love it for sure. I used to do a little for Halloween and the fall, but I just let it go.
MARTI :)
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandiePierce » Oct 3rd, '14, 7:29 am

Sherry C wrote:I don't do too much. Outside I change our door mat & wreath, and add mums & pumpkins to the porch. Inside I switch some pillows on the sofa, and change up my kitchen table arrangement. This is my favorite thing to change seasonally because it adds a big impact without much work. :)

I have this on my kitchen table too! :) I put pinecones in it for fall & christmas! ha!

i usually decorate for fall, but not halloween. i'm not sure where troy put my fall decor. i'd love to pull it out. (even though the temps feel like 100 outside. meh.)
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AmberCA » Oct 3rd, '14, 11:44 am

I do decorate for fall, not too much but some candles and table runners....a few pumpkins here and there. I love fall so much and I want it to really feel like it in my home!
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD