SPRING CROP 2011 - CHAT THREAD (5/13-5/15)

Re: SPRING CROP 2011 - CHAT THREAD (5/13-5/15)

Postby kissy » May 14th, '11, 8:20 am

Maryboys wrote:having never done an online crop before, i'm mostly just following along so far. :-\ i love what i'm seeing, but am i the only one who feels overwhelmed?!? is that pretty normal for an online crop newbie? or is it just my ADD?! i'm going to make it my goal to complete just one challenge - then anything else is a bonus! ;)

Don't stress Mary! Remember this is all about having FUN! The challenges are open for a while so don't feel like you have to have them all complete by the end of the crop. Also just think of this crop as your very own personal scrappy inspiration spot ;D Look through the challenges and if one gets your creative juices flowing then jump in and do it! When you finish that one look for another one. Of course when you need to take a little snack break you can look through the other fun posts or RAKs we have going on. We are a laid back bunch so no scrappy stress allowed (well except for when/if you participate in the one hour challenges)!
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby missusem » May 14th, '11, 8:25 am

Sharmaine, good on ya for stepping outside your comfort zone.. You too Mary!

I'd like to think of the crop like a busy market/fairground.. There are so many many things to look at and play with and touch and see and get involved with.. (oh look, there's the clown).. then you get distracted..

Some people enjoy their ice creams and coffees and smoothies in a booth chatting with their friends..and others play everything, some people like to ride the smooth-going ferris wheel, and others the bumper cars (for more stress and even more laughs)..

At the end of the day, we all have a good time and some people win prizes :D :D just like a fair..

So you get to choose whatever you want to do and play.. as much as you want and when you want. Christine is right - the challenges are here all week and you can play until 22nd so no worries.. Play a game or two or win an RAk or two.. just participate and have fun. The Daisy Divas are like the fairground stall owners and ride instructors - we enable, we help, we tease, we inspire and above all we're here to help you all enjoy your time :D :D

No stress.. just enjoy the ride!!
Sue :)
Blog

Image Image
missusem
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » May 14th, '11, 8:27 am

Mary that's exactly how I felt during my first one too.

I always keep a sheet of paper next to my pc and note each challenge. I then make notes if a particular idea comes to mind for that challenge, like a photo or a story.
Take your time, enjoy and like Christine said they are open for a while. You've got until next week if you want to go in for the prize draws and the challenges will be left here for you to view after aswell. They don't disappear, you can come back anytime. :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby flapjack » May 14th, '11, 8:32 am

I get daunted too Mary and this is my third one. I am writing down the challenges with a few ideas, but I keep putting pressure on myself to create beautiful things like everyone else and it's causing a bit of a block, I have to say. So, I'm just dipping in and out of the chat and the threads and I'll see what I come up with later. I don't typically get much done on the actual crop days, but I'm going to have a scrappy day next week I think, when I'm on my own. I think sometimes all that inspiration just needs a bit of time to settle in your head and come together with your own style. :D :D

I've done a system restore on my naughty PC and it seems to have worked. It has made me very aware that I haven't done a back up in quite some time. Eesh. Must do that now.

Beth has been put back to bed, she was just crying hysterically at everything. She's either ill or over-tired. Si has just taken Kate out shopping. I'm on my own for a little while, but must crack on with some housework in a minute.

Olivia, I totally do that too - sit down and think I can do three layouts easily in the time. Noooo!
Lx
flapjack
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » May 14th, '11, 8:36 am

Poor B, hope she's ok.

Time to start another LO now.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby flapjack » May 14th, '11, 8:38 am

Funky Fairy wrote:Poor B, hope she's ok.

Time to start another LO now.

Thanks Lisa. Have just been to check on her and she's snoring away. Kids are just like PCs sometimes, aren't they? Turn them off and on again and they're fine. ;) :D
Lx
flapjack
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby KarenW » May 14th, '11, 8:42 am

Glad she's ok. Henry has just gone to bed (11:15 !) very late night at friends house. Will sleep latish in the morning (my hope..)

I made the mistake of having a wine when we were out and now bed is sadly looking far more appealing than scrapping. I had dreams of settling down for a night of fun but I really am not functioning well enough.

Maybe tomorrow.
KarenW
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby missusem » May 14th, '11, 8:43 am

See you tomorrow Karen! Good Night!
Blog

Image Image
missusem
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby flapjack » May 14th, '11, 8:46 am

Ah Karen, you've just cursed that lie in now by hoping for it aloud. :D :D Hope you get it. You'll have to get some tips from Nicky for wine + scrapping. Ha ha. Have a good sleep. xx
Lx
flapjack
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby KarenW » May 14th, '11, 8:48 am

Have fun without me (again..) sigh. One day I will go to the ball (or the crop..)

xx
KarenW
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » May 14th, '11, 8:53 am

I am gearing up for the day. 5 hours of sleep....check. coffee....check. the boys are up and I need to make some breakfast so I can get them out the door with Bill for the day......then it's playlist time and HOURS of time with all of you. eek, they are fighting. must go but I will be back. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby anja_wade » May 14th, '11, 8:55 am

Hi everyone,
I'm late to the party but I'm here now and ready to crop all day!
How's everyone doing this morning? Hey, it's still morning on the east coast.
I'm not very good at rising early!
:)
Going to check out all the threads and challenges now!
anja_wade
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby missusem » May 14th, '11, 8:58 am

Hey Anja and Denise!! Glad you can join the party :D :D
Blog

Image Image
missusem
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » May 14th, '11, 8:59 am

Good night Karen.
And hi all - or should I say good afternoon. :D
It's a beautiful day here in Oslo. Sun and warm weather.
I'm enjoying my day outdoor, have planted a few flowers outside my doorway while the woodworkers work on my house, putting in new windows and so on.

I'm just in to have a new peek at the challenges, and plan on what to scrap later today. :D
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Ginger3036 » May 14th, '11, 9:45 am

good night all, it's 12:44am and I was hoping to keep playing but have to be up early for a day of tennis..looking forward to joining in again tomorrow afternoon...HAVE FUN! x
Ginger3036
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby audreykit » May 14th, '11, 9:46 am

Good morning everyone! Trying to catch up on all the new threads this morning!

Went to bed LATE after getting 1 1/2 pages done last night. Have a lot of ideas for today!! I have to run to the scrappy store (where I work) to get some supplies for a class that I am teaching next week. Then I think we might stop by the park so Charlotte can play...it is a gorgeous day...
audreykit
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kazwato » May 14th, '11, 9:56 am

Well I finished two of the challenges tonight but need to wait for daylight to take a photo and upload them. It is wayyyyy past my bedtime now.
Have a great day girls and enjoy your scrapping time. :)
kazwato
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » May 14th, '11, 10:03 am

okay the boys have been launched, the playlist is going and I am having my #2 cup of coffee. I will catch up and then start scrapping.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby okmama » May 14th, '11, 10:06 am

Good morning! It's 5am here and I just can't sleep anymore. I love May, but I always wake way too early. At least I went to bed super early last night to help compensate!

Mary, the Cocoa Daisy online crops are pretty fast paced, that's for sure. So much inspiration it can get overwhelming. It's OK to step away from the computer to focus on scrapping. The challenges are on all week, so don't try to do it all now!

Anna - THREE DAYS! I remember how excited I got waiting for my last two c-sections. With Graham I sat waiting to go into the OR with a HUGE grin on my face. The other people waiting for surgery didn't seem so excited though!

Don (DH) just made coffee. Off for cuddles and coffee before the boys get up!

Sigh. It's 8am now and I've just realized that I didn't hit 'Submit" before I had coffee. My head is simply spinning these days. I'll be busy setting up our makeshift kitchen and moving out of our old one today, but will pop in for sanity breaks when I can.

Sue, I LOVE the way you described the Cocoa Daisy crops. Perfect!
Lydia
Conflict Resolution Trainer to 3 noisy boys
Crafting My Stories
Never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun. ~Katherine Hepburn
okmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby iemom » May 14th, '11, 11:00 am

Good morning!

I am just here for a minute and then will be kicked off the computer for most of the day! My hubby has to make a video of his track team for the awards banquet on Monday night. So, I am printing off all the challenges and am going to work on those...could be a good thing, I know I'll get more done if I can't play on the computer! ;D
iemom
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

PreviousNext

Return to Online Crops