FALL CROP 2013 - GAME - What does your name say?

FALL CROP 2013 - GAME - What does your name say?

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:23 pm

So, we were at the London Sea life centre a couple of weeks ago.
You know how these places always bring you out through the gift shop at the end, well my friend and I were reading these mini keyring books that told you what your name meant.
They were really fun and mine was so spot on. I was shocked.

I thought it would be fun to take a look at our names and see if yours says the same thing about you too.

Here is the link.
http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/what-is- ... y-name.cfm

Mine is so right.
creative, versatile, and imaginative and lots of other bits seem to be true.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: FALL CROP 2013 - GAME - What does your name say?

Postby MandiePierce » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:29 pm

it had unpleasant things (& not necessarily applicable) to say about it when i spelled it "mandie" but when i spelled it "mandy" it was pretty spot on. guess i should not have changed the spelling in the 6th grade. ;)
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:32 pm

Oh my goodness, Lisa! That's so crazy and awesome!
This name analyzer knows me better than my husband does, I think!
It is spot on...check it out:

•Your name of Jody makes you very idealistic and generous, with the strong desire to uplift humanity leading you into situations where you can express your desire to serve others.

• You want to assume responsibilities and to look after people; however, you can become too involved in other people's problems and tend to worry.

• Your name gives you a natural desire to express along artistic and musical lines.

• You desire a settled home and family life, and are expressive and attentive to your loved ones.

• You must be careful not to become possessive and jealous of those close to you, however, as you could attract losses and unfortunate experiences.

• If you attach an ideal of service to your life, you could find great happiness and could express a very beautiful, happy, responsible, artistic, and generous nature.

• The weakness of this name is in worry, which in turn affects the nervous system, creating a tendency to be highly strung or over-sensitive to the thoughts of others.

I love that you shared this link. I am going to check out my kids' names next and see what it says about them. I love that it was right on about you too! Artistic and creative and versatile. It left out great homemaker! ;)
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:33 pm

Well Mandie, you were born a Mandy, so I take it that one is correct :)

And Jody, that's so cool. You are always so sweet xx
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby beverley » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:33 pm

Just looked my name up & it is reasonably accurate as well. a bit surprised :).
responsible, systematic, and practical nature, able to excel in technical fields or as a teacher and you would also enjoy the practical arts. Guess that would included scrapbooking & card making hehehehe.
Beverley
ImageImageImage
beverley
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby natalie jane » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:34 pm

Hmmmm.... it has rather a lot to say. Mostly all accurate except from the last one....so far!! *touch wood*

Your first name of Natalie gives you a poised, gracious, and reserved nature.

You are capable and clever and would excel in executive positions.

As you are a private person, it is a challenge for others to get to know and understand you.

Your reticence has caused you to suffer aloneness and misunderstandings.

You would like to be easy-going and spontaneous but it does not come easily.

You can express yourself better through writing than verbally.

The mysteries of life appeal to you in your search for an understanding of the greater picture of life.

You love to read and can develop great powers of concentration.

There is also an over-sensitivity in the heart, lungs, and bronchial organs which could lead to related health weaknesses.
natalie jane
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby natalie jane » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:39 pm

a great link :) ust been checking out the meanings of my son and partner!! Quite spooky!
natalie jane
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:40 pm

Your name of Denise gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour.

Your ideas can be very original and inventive.

You enjoy being with people in a social environment.

Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others.

Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you would probably not follow such advice yourself.

This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

You seem positive and decisive and can be outspoken in the expression of your opinions, but you lack the self-confidence needed to follow through with your ideas and plans.

Procrastination is your downfall.

You frequently choose the path of least resistance to avoid your responsibilities.

It is not easy for you to overcome obstacles or face issues.

This name does you an injustice in that it restricts your success in business and personal pursuits through a lack of ambition.

There is a weakness in the fluid functions and in the region of the head resulting in sinus problems, headaches, eye, ear, or throat conditions and related ailments.

Hair loss could also be a problem.

very interesting although some of it definitely not true. I have overcome many many obstacles and have a successful business! I do procrastinate to a certain extent for sure but I am super responsible.
I have no headaches, eye, ear or throat problems and hope I don't lose my hair! :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:47 pm

I'm wondering if I'm really as uptight as mine says I am :)
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby DeniseM » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:51 pm

oh my goodness, I put Bill, Conner and Jameson's in there and they are pretty spot on.
reading mine again I do see where some of the negative aspects are partially true. Like the part about the business-I do support our family with mine but honestly, it's not what I want to be doing. So I guess that is true success.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby lovestnpaper » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:52 pm

Hmmm... Oddly, the analysis for the name "Ann" is identical to the name for "Denise"... Word for word. So I'm a little sceptical, although some of it is true. I do procrastinate. People do find they can talk to me and share their problems. I do get sinus colds and have ringing in my ears. The other health things not so much. But check it out and compare it with Denise's :
Your name of Ann gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour.

Your ideas can be very original and inventive.

You enjoy being with people in a social environment.

Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others.

Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you would probably not follow such advice yourself.

This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

You seem positive and decisive and can be outspoken in the expression of your opinions, but you lack the self-confidence needed to follow through with your ideas and plans.

Procrastination is your downfall.

You frequently choose the path of least resistance to avoid your responsibilities.

It is not easy for you to overcome obstacles or face issues.

This name does you an injustice in that it restricts your success in business and personal pursuits through a lack of ambition.

There is a weakness in the fluid functions and in the region of the head resulting in sinus problems, headaches, eye, ear, or throat conditions and related ailments.

lovestnpaper
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:56 pm

well Anne you are fabulous so I am not surprised we are the same!!

One thing is for sure, I rarely lack self confidence. I am not arrogant, I know I am hopelessly flawed but I am okay with that. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Pegasuscove » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:01 pm

I put in both of my names (yes I have 2). Peggy, and my given name,Margaret". Both were fairly spot on with only one or two things I didn't think fit me. Interesting.

As Peggy you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges.

Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony.

As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks.

Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things.

You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.

You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.

You do not find contentment in the routine tasks and responsibilities that are associated with home and family or with administrative detail in the business world, so you have to guard against frustration and even moods of depression over your personal responsibilities.

The restlessness this name creates could find an outlet in caustic, irritable expression.

Also, the intensity of your nature could result in tension in the solar plexus causing stomach trouble and, because you take your responsibilities seriously you could experience much worry.

Your first name of Margaret makes you a quick thinker, both philosophical and creative.

You appreciate music, art, and drama and, if given training, could excel in those fields.

Self-consciousness may prevent you from feeling at ease in positions of impromptu expression.

Desiring to be free from detail and monotony, you find it difficult to finish what you start if it does not hold your interest.

You enjoy reading and the beauties of nature, experiencing peace and relaxation in outdoor activities.

A very individual, independent person, you live within your own thoughts.

With acquaintances and strangers, you tend to be reticent and reserved.

Your friends never know whether they will find you friendly and charming or lost in introspection.

When unhappy or disappointed, you can be moody and temperamental, feeling misunderstood and unappreciated.

You will go out of your way to help others, and find it difficult to say "no" and mean it.

Others impose on your generosity at times.

You enjoy sweets and starchy foods.

Over-indulgence could cause a weak back, skin conditions or arthritis later in life.

The heart and lungs could also be affected at stressful times.
Pegasuscove
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Curlywiggles » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:06 pm

Holy s***! Mine was spot on! So spooky. Lisa, what a great link, thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to use this as the journalling for Steph's challenge. Mandie, were you really originally named Mandy?

Here's a few things mine said, but they were all pretty accurate:

There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.

It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.

You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.

Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.

You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.
Curlywiggles
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby MandiePierce » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:06 pm

mlepitts wrote:I'm wondering if I'm really as uptight as mine says I am :)

emily - that was basically the jist of "Mandie" lol. i can be ocd, but i don't think so uptight!
DeniseM wrote:

very interesting although some of it definitely not true. I have overcome many many obstacles and have a successful business! I do procrastinate to a certain extent for sure but I am super responsible.
I have no headaches, eye, ear or throat problems and hope I don't lose my hair! :)

I hope not, denise!
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandiePierce » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:07 pm

Curlywiggles wrote:Holy s***! Mine was spot on! So spooky. Lisa, what a great link, thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to use this as the journalling for Steph's challenge. Mandie, were you really originally named Mandy?

Here's a few things mine said, but they were all pretty accurate:

There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.

It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.

You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.

Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.

You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.

i think we would get along swimmingly in real life, alexa.... besides our man rivalry, of course.
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:10 pm

Mine is identical to Jody's -- guess we are kindred spirits, eh?! It is also quite accurate -- surprisingly so.

Your name of Carmen makes you very idealistic and generous, with the strong desire to uplift humanity leading you into situations where you can express your desire to serve others. [I guess that's why I'm headed to southern Africa to work as a missionary journalist.]

You want to assume responsibilities and to look after people; however, you can become too involved in other people's problems and tend to worry. [Hmm... somewhat true, especially the worrying, although I think I can be a bit too "laissez faire" at times.]

Your name gives you a natural desire to express along artistic and musical lines. [Scrapbooking, singing, writing professionally...]

You desire a settled home and family life, and are expressive and attentive to your loved ones. [I do find comfort and pleasure in home and family.]

You must be careful not to become possessive and jealous of those close to you, however, as you could attract losses and unfortunate experiences. [Sadly, true.]

If you attach an ideal of service to your life, you could find great happiness and could express a very beautiful, happy, responsible, artistic, and generous nature. [I hope so.]

The weakness of this name is in worry, which in turn affects the nervous system, creating a tendency to be highly strung or over-sensitive to the thoughts of others. [YES.]

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sylvia » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:18 pm

Your first name, Sylvia, makes you self-reliant, creative in practical ways, and an independent diligent worker.

You work best alone making your own decisions as it is not always easy for you to respond to the advice and direction of others as you feel the need to be in control.

You enjoy the simple pleasures of life especially activities that take you outdoors.

You have a few good friends who enjoy similar activities.

Living much within your own thoughts and finding it challenging to communicate easily with others, you are, at times, too candid and honest in your assessment of situations.

You feel this separation from others and would give anything to be always lighthearted and friendly instead of serious and shy.

This influence of this name can adversely affect the health of the heart and lungs because of self-consciousness, sensitivity, and lack of verbal expression.

Tension also centres in the head affecting either the eyes, ears, sinuses, or teeth.

This is cool!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby lovestnpaper » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:21 pm

DeniseM wrote:well Anne you are fabulous so I am not surprised we are the same!!

One thing is for sure, I rarely lack self confidence. I am not arrogant, I know I am hopelessly flawed but I am okay with that. :)

Big smile. Denise you are so kind. :)
I know I am flawed, and I too, am OK with it. What more could we expect this side of heaven, right?
lovestnpaper
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » Nov 2nd, '13, 5:28 pm

so true!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to Online Crops