CHATTING with ALI NOW! :)

Re: CHATTING with ALI NOW! :)

Postby AliEdwards » Nov 1st, '13, 9:50 pm

sejordan wrote:Hi Ali! Would you ever consider doing an online class for photoshop? I'd love to learn how to do all the things you do with that for your scrapbook layouts! :D

Thank you. Yes, I'm considering it. I have a bunch of free tutorials and a series on getting started with digital scrapbooking on my blog which is why I haven't done it in the past. You can access that info here: http://aliedwards.com/2010/01/getting-started-digital-scrapbooking.html
AliEdwards
Daisy
Daisy

Postby kalymiller » Nov 1st, '13, 9:51 pm

scrapnatya wrote:I just wanted to tell you Ali that you have had a positive effect on my life....scrapping and otherwise. Whether it was being inspired to create a Daily December or a WITL mini or finding my own OLW or just being inspired to live intentionally. So thanks for all of that! :)

I have to agree!
Kari

kalymiller
Daisy
Daisy

Postby AliEdwards » Nov 1st, '13, 9:51 pm

scrapnatya wrote:I just wanted to tell you Ali that you have had a positive effect on my life....scrapping and otherwise. Whether it was being inspired to create a Daily December or a WITL mini or finding my own OLW or just being inspired to live intentionally. So thanks for all of that! :)

You are totally welcome! Appreciate that :).
AliEdwards
Daisy
Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » Nov 1st, '13, 9:51 pm

AmberCA wrote:Everytime you talk about your parents it makes me want to meet them, they seem like such amazing people!
I feel the same way about my parents, love them, and I couldn't survive without their support!
I hope my kids can say that about me some day?! ;)

Awwwe, I am happy for both of you to be able to say this kind of thing! Parenting is hard! And seems like it gets harder each year with our society and technology and just trying to find balance in life.

I am blessed with great parents too, and am humbled by being a parent every single day! I know you have some added challenges with Simon, but again, when it's all said and done, I bet you wouldn't change a thing, because if you're like me, then you know those special needs actually make you a better person for having to navigate them with your child and be an advocate.
I always tell people that all my kids have special needs. It's true- they're all different! Just one has extra special needs that make us all better for getting to be a part of.
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AmberCA » Nov 1st, '13, 9:51 pm

I sooo second that Marianne!!!
It sounds silly to say that about someone you've never met, but Ali, you have inspired me in ways no one else has! Thank you ;D
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Nov 1st, '13, 9:52 pm

So another question, Instagram has really popularized the everyday kind of photo that you've featured so well in all your work, what are your feelings about posting there?
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby sejordan » Nov 1st, '13, 9:53 pm

I'll check it out! Thanks!
AliEdwards wrote:
sejordan wrote:Hi Ali! Would you ever consider doing an online class for photoshop? I'd love to learn how to do all the things you do with that for your scrapbook layouts! :D

Thank you. Yes, I'm considering it. I have a bunch of free tutorials and a series on getting started with digital scrapbooking on my blog which is why I haven't done it in the past. You can access that info here: http://aliedwards.com/2010/01/getting-started-digital-scrapbooking.html
sejordan
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby AliEdwards » Nov 1st, '13, 9:53 pm

nittygrittyjody wrote:
AmberCA wrote:Everytime you talk about your parents it makes me want to meet them, they seem like such amazing people!
I feel the same way about my parents, love them, and I couldn't survive without their support!
I hope my kids can say that about me some day?! ;)

Awwwe, I am happy for both of you to be able to say this kind of thing! Parenting is hard! And seems like it gets harder each year with our society and technology and just trying to find balance in life.

I am blessed with great parents too, and am humbled by being a parent every single day! I know you have some added challenges with Simon, but again, when it's all said and done, I bet you wouldn't change a thing, because if you're like me, then you know those special needs actually make you a better person for having to navigate them with your child and be an advocate.
I always tell people that all my kids have special needs. It's true- they're all different! Just one has extra special needs that make us all better for getting to be a part of.

Amen.
AliEdwards
Daisy
Daisy

Postby luv2scrapinmt » Nov 1st, '13, 9:55 pm

Hello…???
luv2scrapinmt
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » Nov 1st, '13, 9:56 pm

luv2scrapinmt wrote:Hello…???

read through the thread or ask a quick question! :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AliEdwards » Nov 1st, '13, 9:57 pm

mlepitts wrote:So another question, Instagram has really popularized the everyday kind of photo that you've featured so well in all your work, what are your feelings about posting there?

I'm definitely a fan.

I think part of it for me is it's the one place I have a limited number of people I follow. When I go on there I'm seeing just my friends or the people's photos I want to see - I guess it's more personal for me. I often go on there at the end of the day and scroll back over my family and close friends images to see what's up.

Facebook isn't like that for me (I friend everyone who friends me on my personal page, with some exceptions).
AliEdwards
Daisy
Daisy

Postby luv2scrapinmt » Nov 1st, '13, 9:57 pm

Hey, it worked. Two things - I agree with the sentiment about the importance of what we do. I questioned the decision to scrapbook about five years in. Then I became ill and realized the importance of my books - no one I love would ever have to wonder how much they mattered to me.
luv2scrapinmt
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby nittygrittyjody » Nov 1st, '13, 9:58 pm

I just want to say thanks for taking your time to be here and chat with all of us. It IS a busy time and you are busier than most. So we all appreciate that you would share and answer questions and join us for our crop!

What are you excited to do most in 2014? Or don't you have that figured out yet. I wish you an amazing year, Ali!
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby luv2scrapinmt » Nov 1st, '13, 9:59 pm

Second thing, being an educator, I need time to both plan and save up for big trips. Is there any decision about next years trip Ali?
luv2scrapinmt
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby AliEdwards » Nov 1st, '13, 9:59 pm

luv2scrapinmt wrote:Hey, it worked. Two things - I agree with the sentiment about the importance of what we do. I questioned the decision to scrapbook about five years in. Then I became ill and realized the importance of my books - no one I love would ever have to wonder how much they mattered to me.

Agree - and that's why the words are so important to me. I write how much I love people (especially my kids), how much they mean to me over and over again in case anyone has any doubts LOL.
AliEdwards
Daisy
Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Nov 1st, '13, 10:00 pm

Thanks for joining us tonight Ali!! Ditto what Jody said! ^^ :)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby scrapnatya » Nov 1st, '13, 10:00 pm

thanks Ali!!
scrapnatya
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby luv2scrapinmt » Nov 1st, '13, 10:01 pm

Thanks!
luv2scrapinmt
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby AliEdwards » Nov 1st, '13, 10:01 pm

nittygrittyjody wrote:I just want to say thanks for taking your time to be here and chat with all of us. It IS a busy time and you are busier than most. So we all appreciate that you would share and answer questions and join us for our crop!

What are you excited to do most in 2014? Or don't you have that figured out yet. I wish you an amazing year, Ali!

Thanks Jody :).

I think I'm most excited about 2014 as a year to continue moving forward. I've been putting a lot of things in place this year behind the scenes - professionally, personally, emotionally - and I hope to actually see the fruits of that work in the next year.
AliEdwards
Daisy
Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Nov 1st, '13, 10:02 pm

Thank you so much for your time tonight Ali! Good luck getting it all done for your trip next week!
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

PreviousNext

Return to Online Crops