STASHBUSTERS--MARCH 2015

Watch this space for the challenges, contests, & prompts to spark your creativity

Re: STASHBUSTERS--MARCH 2015

Postby treyaut » Mar 19th, '15, 7:26 am

Imperia wrote:Thank you again Marianne for the fab prompts! I love that layout of yours you posted in the vintage section. I think I remember when you did that one originally back at 2Peas.

I have a new layout to share today, it is for the layering and vintage prompts. I used the gorgeous Cocoa Daisy floral stamp to heat emboss with gold, and then coloured them with gelatos. I also used old book pages to create a more vintage look. I am was happy with how this turned out it was a story I had been wanting to tell for quite some time. TFL...22336

This is stunning. I like the softness of it and how all the elements come together. Just beautiful.
There is never a right way to do the wrong thing!
treyaut
Daisy
Daisy

Postby treyaut » Mar 19th, '15, 7:28 am

Prompt - THE COLOR GREEN!!

treyaut
Daisy
Daisy

Postby treyaut » Mar 19th, '15, 7:30 am

LAYERS. Prompt #2

treyaut
Daisy
Daisy

Postby Camanddanismom » Mar 20th, '15, 8:37 am

Finished this one last night. Sorry for the wonky picture. It was a bit warped from the mist...

Prompts 1, 2 & 3
Camanddanismom
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby Camanddanismom » Mar 20th, '15, 9:12 am

Finally got a good chunk of time to look at all these great los and give some praise! Thanks Marianne for the great prompts!! These are in reverse order!

Treyout – (Beach Moment) love your lo! That brick background looks fantastic and I love how you stamped on some of them. Awesome layers!! (May You) So bright and fun! That wig is too much! Love all the yellow stars. (Dude) love this! Great photos and I love those everyday layouts. Your layers are soooo good! You got so many embellies on there and they look so effortless! (I love those Bella Blvd ones and have them in my stash!). so fun! (Oh Those Cheeks) another great use of layering and I love those outlines. I can’t do them. Just can’t. They look terrible when I do them! Sweet photo and great choice of papers! You are using up some stash girl!!

TerryB – Love you lo! The photo is so fun and I love that stacked design.

Goobernut – wonderful layout! The photo is lovely and the composition of your page is great! Love your use and placement of the pennants. I love how when they point up, they look like Christmas trees, very clever!

Imperia – (hello, doll baby) so sweet! I love your journaling and how you highlighted the important words (love your handwriting too!) Perfect use of the Amy Tan paper, the little patterns work so well with a little person! (my unicorn) I love the whimsy here! And your handwriting rocks!! So jealous!! The layers are lovely and the whimsy of it is so pretty! I love the touches of stars and bows and flowers.

Scrappin’ Kathy – (Eyes of blue) Lovely lo and such a sweet picture! I really like all the touches of orange embellishments, especially the sequins on the banner. The green birds are adorable and perfect for that paper which I would struggle using well. (Louisiana Museum) Wow! What a cool lo! Your background is amazing! I love all the little houses and tiny embellishments!

Senioritascrapper – Great use of papers! The patterns and colors are bold, but the composition makes them work so well! Really cute photo!

Nylene – (storybook land) I will miss your Disney los! This one is so pretty! I love the colors and the sweet photo. Love the Mickey embellishment! (Vacations End) Yes, they look done! Love that arrow and the use of the traditional colors to close out your trip. Did you stitch on those photos?? You are just not going to know what to do with yourself now! Guess its time to go back!!

Happy Scrapping,
Jill
Camanddanismom
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby Camanddanismom » Mar 20th, '15, 3:29 pm

I get to scrap today! My kids have no school and DH is home. We are all doing our hobbies in the same room! (3 computers and me :))

Prompts 1,2 & 3
Love Our Beautiful Girl
Camanddanismom
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby nylene » Mar 21st, '15, 12:48 pm

I think I'm caught up on comments. Your layouts are all so wonderful. I love coming to see all the new layouts posted. Thanks, Marianne, for hosting this and thanks to those who share.
Nylene
nylene
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Camanddanismom » Mar 21st, '15, 1:44 pm

I scrapped till 3am last night! and finished 4 layouts documenting our family Easter 2011. I also did them all for a stamping challenge to use your alpha stamps. I used a different stamp set for each page.

The following 3 pages each would work for prompts 1, 2 & 3

Easter Fun!

Thanks Easter Bunny

Easter Posing
Camanddanismom
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby nylene » Mar 21st, '15, 10:58 pm

This one has layers and green. (blue-green)
Nylene
nylene
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby tpgirl » Mar 22nd, '15, 7:46 am

I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone that your pages are so awesome. I haven't been able to scrap this month due to work, family stuff and I am moving my scrap supplies to a different area but hopefully I will finish today and then on my next day off I will be able to do at least one page for this round. Keep on using your supplies!
tpgirl
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby treyaut » Mar 24th, '15, 7:56 am

I will be back to comment on all the loveliness for the March Stashbusters. You ladies have created some wonderful pages. I will be back to comment one on one.
treyaut
Daisy
Daisy

Postby tpgirl » Mar 28th, '15, 10:11 am

I finally got to play along. I choose a old photo of my son and I from 18 years ago. I was inspired by Paige Evans class at BPC.
tpgirl
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby Camanddanismom » Mar 28th, '15, 5:29 pm

I have 2 more! A totally different Easter feel :) both for 1, 2, 3.

Camanddanismom
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby Shannon » Mar 29th, '15, 7:42 am

Going Green prompt. Liking all the prompts. First time I played along and love all the pretty takes!!
Attachments
IMG_0706_2.jpg
March Stashbusters. Prompt: Going Green
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Mar 29th, '15, 8:15 am

This is a little off topic but overall generally related.
Q: How does one post a response directly to a specific person's post. Example: Is it possible to post comments about a picture (in this case these beautiful LO's) directly on the person's post with the LO?
Thanks lovelies!!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Mar 31st, '15, 10:34 am

Shannon wrote:This is a little off topic but overall generally related.
Q: How does one post a response directly to a specific person's post. Example: Is it possible to post comments about a picture (in this case these beautiful LO's) directly on the person's post with the LO?
Thanks lovelies!!

Hi Shannon....you can post comments directly to the layouts in the layout gallery. I hope this answers your question.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Mar 31st, '15, 10:35 am

Squeeking in here with one more. This one is for the vintage prompt.

TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Mar 31st, '15, 10:39 am

I guess I forgot to add these. This is for prompt #1. I used green and outdoor photos. :)

This is for prompt 3, although it may not actually count. I layered 3 cards on this layout...

Thanks again for the prompts Marianne. Looking forward to April. :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Scrappin' Kathy » Mar 31st, '15, 9:01 pm

Here is another layout I completed this month. I went outside the box and used lots of paint -- including Crushed Pistachio (green). I don't think I met any other prompts. I have another layout 3/4 done that met all the prompts but the "old" one, but I had to work late and then got stuck in traffic when the highway was shut down due to an accident. I'll finish this weekend.

Scrappin' Kathy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Mar 31st, '15, 9:32 pm

Here is a layout I did with a photo of my daughter and niece from the 1990s and I used some vintage feel my minds eye joyous paper with a brad from the collection and a Maya Road tag and envelope with a little red glitter glue

sorry for the bad lighting. I have been wanting to play along for awhile and I wanted to get a layout in for March.
Attachments
20150331_222920-1.jpg
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, & Prompts