New here!!

Please tell us about yourself. We'd love to get to know you!

New here!!

Postby rweckerly » Jan 21st, '13, 7:55 pm

Hi everyone! I am Rebekah and I am new to Cocoa Daisy..in fact, i have not even got my first kit yet! But I am anxiously awaiting!

I just got married in September to THE hottest man on earth and together we have 5 kidos ages 13 to 5. 2 boys and 3 girls We live in rural Pennsylvania and I am a stay at home mom. My father passed away in June and my mother just moved in with us over Christmas. My husband is in the process of designing her a new home which we will start building on our property in the next few weeks. We are happy she is with us but I will be very happy when her place is done! lol!!!

The kids are into just about everything including basketball, bikes and video games and give me plenty of photo ops!

I have been scrapping for a while now but I took the last 2 years off....life just got too crazy. I am so excited to be back to scrapping and to join this club!!! I shopped for a few months before I picked a club to join. I picked Cocoa Daisy because of the kits and the great pages made by the design team. I wanted to find a place where I would feel challenged and inspired.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Rebekah
rweckerly
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Re: New here!!

Postby mlepitts » Jan 21st, '13, 8:26 pm

Hi Rebekah! I think you're going to be a good fit here, I love the enthusiasm in your voice :) Welcome to Cocoa Daisy and I know you are going to LOVE the February kit. It's a really good mix of fun products. I am loving it so far. Thanks for introducing yourself, make sure you jump in on the two challenges that we've got going right now, there are prizes :)
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Kelly in Canada » Jan 21st, '13, 8:35 pm

hi rebekah! i loved reading what you wrote...i find it so interesting to read what someone chooses to include in a little intro piece! anyway, i don't think i even did the intro thing when i started posting here...i just barged in (as i am sort of guilty of doing even in real life). i like your way much better!
Kelly in Canada
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby rweckerly » Jan 21st, '13, 8:52 pm

Emily..I am so excited to be here its not even funny!!! I have not bought ANY new scrappy things in forever! When my kit comes you will probably here me screaming no matter where you live! And I have already started by yellow and red page!

Kelly ...it funny because after I posted I thought of a few things I should have added! LOL! But i am sure I will get to know you guys as we go! But I have done my share barging too! lol!
rweckerly
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby petunia670 » Jan 21st, '13, 9:09 pm

Rebekah, great to "see" you here. You'll love. Looking forward to seeing your work again.
Karrie
petunia670
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby MandyKay » Jan 21st, '13, 9:39 pm

Welcome to Cocoa Daisy, Rebekah! I hope your kit arrives soon! I can't wait to see what you do with it!
MandyKay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby dianaj1012 » Jan 21st, '13, 10:38 pm

Hi *waving* So happy you picked CD!! Can't wait to get to know you better.
dianaj1012
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Jan 22nd, '13, 4:49 am

Welcome, Rebekah! It's so fun getting to know you by reading your introduction! I think you will love CD and the kits. The message board is so much fun, too, with so many of the designers posting whenever they can and the members, of course!
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby neroliskye » Jan 22nd, '13, 6:34 am

Hi and welcome! So excited that you plan to start scrapping again! Yes you will let out few eeks and ahhhs when you get your kits! There's so much fun to work with! Can't wait to see what you make!
neroliskye
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 22nd, '13, 6:49 am

Hello **waving**

So excited that you chose us. I hope you will love being here as much as we do.
It's a really cozy and friendly scrappy home.

You sound so busy. I can't believe you find time with 5 kiddies.
Our Jody has 6 little ones and every month she impresses me heaps with what she creates.
I struggle with 2 around :)

Looking forward to getting to know you better x
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby LisaDV » Jan 22nd, '13, 8:29 am

Hi Rebekah! I took 2010 & 2011 basically off of scrapbooking because of life. It's shocking that it can get in the way of my creative time. heehee. It is so wonderful to be back into it again, and I know you will feel the same. We're glad to have you on board and can't wait to get to know you.

With that said, you weren't by chance on a design team back prior to 2010 where you? There was a Rebekah with 5 kids (which isn't unheard of, but isn't really all that common). Just wondering.
LisaDV
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 22nd, '13, 9:10 am

Welcome Rebekah, wow my husband and I have 5 kids together as well. Our 2 boys and his boy and 2 girls! The older three are married with children though. :) I am sure you are very, very busy! Lots to scrap about.
I think you will really like it here. The kits are gorgeous every month and everyone is really friendly and supportive.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandyK » Jan 22nd, '13, 9:48 am

Welcome to Cocoa Daisy!! So glad you have joined us! Can't wait to get to know you better and see what you create with the kits!
MandyK
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AshleyCalder » Jan 22nd, '13, 10:18 am

Hi Rebekah! Welcome!
I too am waiting for my first kit! Cannot wait!
These ladies are so inspiring and talented.
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby rweckerly » Jan 22nd, '13, 11:33 am

Not sure if it was me or not! lol ... I have been on a few design teams but my hubby and I have only been together for 2 years. I do think I recognize a few names here, tho!

I have 2 kids (the 2 oldest) and he has 3. Honestly, I think after 3 its all the same! lol There is always someone fighting but there is always a few getting along and playing nicely. The oldest 4 are in school and the youngest is with his mother 50% of the time. Its hard to find time to scrap but I NEED it! Between laundry and running to school and ball games I manage to find time. But it did take me about 2 weeks to finish my last page!
rweckerly
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby jjflair » Jan 22nd, '13, 12:30 pm

Hi Rebekah! Welcome! Glad you have found your way back to scrapping, and to Cocoa Daisy! I am bracing myself for your screams when you get your first kit! You will LOVE it--like Christmas in a box!! (Not the theme, but the joyous feeling of childlike giddiness and glee!) Lol!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Jan 22nd, '13, 5:21 pm

Hello and welcome! I like you already - you make me laugh!
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to Introductions