MORE CHATTING - THIS WEEKS CHAT 10/10- 10/16

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Re: MORE CHATTING - THIS WEEKS CHAT 10/10- 10/16

Postby gudrun » Oct 11th, '11, 2:58 pm

Oh, I'm SO sorry you are struggeling with migraine Olivia.
I do too, from time to time , so I know a bit what it is all about.

Thank you all for your thoughts. And THANKS Denise for the super woman power hugs. Need it!!

Yes, the kitchen is allmost finished, just a little bit here and there...you know...some little bits and pieces .... but yes - I LOVE the room. It is super lovely!!!!
Will share pictures soon.

Edvins party (confirmation) was so lovely and great :)

Hubby is away - working in US ...again (!)
Life is busy .... and yes ... some days are hard, i must admit. I hate to be so much alone with the kids and all the responsibility for them ... for everything around here, work, activities, our home.....
You are ladies, you probably know all about it.

Denise: SO glad your boys are doing well at school, and like it there!!! :)
What can make a mother more happy... :)

Hope you won't get in trouble with the neighbors Jeanne. So unfair they're complaining about the screaming. All kids make noise. That's really nothing to complain about (!!)

Hope everything is well with you and Tuva, Anna.
Wow, is she going to start with real food already! Time flies!

OK, have to fly. Must prepare for my lessons and canteen tomorrow.
I have planned on making pizza rolls and a large, yummy salad for the kids at the canteen. Just a little happy surprise in the middle of the week.... :)

big hugs to you all
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby dancingarden » Oct 11th, '11, 3:38 pm

Jeanne K, I tried out those WRM ribbon punches at CHA this summer. They are pretty awesome and I'd love to have a couple. My LSS didn't pick them up so it might be a while before I get one.

I liked that there were different patterns to make threading the ribbons.
dancingarden
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby DeniseM » Oct 11th, '11, 6:18 pm

dancinggarden what is your first name? Hope the drearies went away. It was the same here today in Montana but then the sun came out this afternoon!

Olivia, you poor thing. I hope you are feeling strong and vibrant again soon. No more headaches!!

Have to go. boy #1 is standing over my shoulder driving me batty. :P one computer in the house. I wish I could drag this thing into the bathroom and lock the door like you Marie. lol.

be back later.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby dancingarden » Oct 11th, '11, 7:49 pm

It's Michele :) I thought I'd put it in my sig but it seems I may not have saved it or something. :)
dancingarden
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby mison » Oct 12th, '11, 3:42 am

Good morning - or to be honest - it´s lunch time here... But I haven´t done much besides sitting in front of the computer today, so I guess I feel a bit soggy...

Oh, well I went to the gym and did all arm/shoulder/back machines so I guess I´m off scrapbooking for some days. Won´t be able to lift a scissor nor a pencil...

It´s cold here today -1 celcius, and they talked about snow on the news. We haven´t changed the car tires yet, so I guess that is Svens mission tonight. How is the weather in Montana Denise? Same as here?

Olivia - migrane sucks. I don understand a bit how you feel this time a year. I´m feeling crappy the whole spring almost. For me it´s all the mold flying around.

You´re so busy Gudrun - I always think I have to much on the agenda, but you´re way worse ;) What is your hubby doing working away so much?

Denise - forgot to say - yay for your boys school success.

I´m off to bed soon. Working tonight so I need my beauty sleep. Hope my kit arrives today, might take it to work then.
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Oct 12th, '11, 5:10 am

Hello there... I'm a bit short of time and can't leave comments for everyone but I've quickly read back... and I'm just *waving* to everyone for now. :)

Tuva seems to be fine after her shots! She slept really good tonight and she's been sleeping alot this morning too. I don't know if it's her cold or the shots, but something is making her tired.

I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Oct 12th, '11, 5:24 am

Another one just flying through and waving :), I'm off to work in a sec, for an afternoon session at the playgroup.

Sorry you've been feeling so rough Olivia, I can't imagine :(. Healthy thoughts coming your way x

Glad the shots went ok, Anna!

Impressed at all this gym-enthusiasm, Marie! ;D

I started to make a banana choc chip loaf this morning, and my hand-mixer packed up half-way through! I was stuck with a bowl of half-prepared cake mixture, and I don't like doing them by hand, so I did what any sensible shopaholic would do, and dashed out and bought a new one ;D. I was back in lightning-quick time, and the cake is now merrily baking. In fact it needs to come out now before work, better dash.......
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby alissa » Oct 12th, '11, 8:42 am

good morning, all!

sounds like you have all been having busy weeks!
same here. :) busy is good. it does make time fly, though and i wish i had more time to slow down and just scrapbook.

today might just be the day. i have to stay in all day and wait for the fed ex man.
he's bringing a new computer from dell and there's a signature required. my luck he'll show up around 5 tonight and i will have been here all day. waiting... LOL!!!

it's getting a lot cooler here, too. (not nearly to snow weather, yet, though) i'm hoping my snow tires will stay in the garage for at least another 2 months. we shall see...
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Olivia » Oct 12th, '11, 10:23 am

Got my October kit yesterday. I ordered so many addons it was in TWO separate boxes. OH MY WORD! I must not shop that much with November's kit...Someone PLEASE tell me it is absolutely awful and to save my money! LOL

Feeling a bit better today. The steroid shot seems to have helped and I have most of my voice back. Hopefully I am on the mend. I do wish this dang cough would go away. It is really irritating and makes it difficult to sleep!

My mother has come to visit and help me with my library book fair. I will take some pictures here in a little bit and share them. A company sends me a bunch of books I host the book fair in my library and allow the kids to buy books. I then get part of the proceeds to buy books for my own library. This is the first time I have had a book fair and I am really hoping it goes well.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Oct 13th, '11, 3:01 am

Olivia wrote:Got my October kit yesterday. I ordered so many addons it was in TWO separate boxes. OH MY WORD! I must not shop that much with November's kit...Someone PLEASE tell me it is absolutely awful and to save my money! LOL

I'm so sorry Olivia, I'm afraid I can't help you with that one! ;D ;D

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! Good luck with the book fair! :)

Alissa I hope you did get yhe new computer. It's so annoying waiting for deliveries like that.

Nicky, I'm glad you were able to rescue your cake! :)

Tuva, Alva and I went grocery shopping after leaving Linus at school this morning. A bit stressful this time, since Tuva threatened to start a lot of screaming. ::) Eventually she fell asleep instead *phew*.

Again a cold but sunny day here. Tuva wasn't sleeping well, so I'm pretty tired. Alva also woke up several times.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Oct 13th, '11, 3:41 am

Hi All :)
I've tried to get in here more this week but it just hasn't happened.
Monday Gina came over to scrap, which was lovely. I do need to tell myself to sit though! She completed 2 amazing pages!
Tuesday I went with 2 classes on an excursion to a wildlife park. Was a lovely day even though it was cold and we had to dodge the rain.
Been playing catchup since then!
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby NickyNoo » Oct 13th, '11, 6:19 am

How lovely to scrap again with Gina, Sharmaine! I'm scrapping with Lis on Saturday and I just can't wait ;D.

I just had to come in and shout about my Octoer kit!! Firstly I can't believe how fast it came, I picked it up from the post office this morning but I know it got there on Tuesday, which was the 11th - never had it on the 11th before, how lovely! I think Christine must be SuperWoman ;D.

It is completely lovely, and so very 'me'. I do love every kit, but this one had me gushing out loud over every single item, it is LUSH!!! I love it so much, and I've only been looking at it for 10 mins ;D .
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Oct 13th, '11, 10:07 am

I am so glad you guys are getting your kits so fast. They are lovely. Olivia I am just going to say, ENJOY all your goodies. :) :) As long as you use them all up right?

You and lisa get to scrap on Saturday? Oh I wish I could apparate like Harry Potter. With a bottle of wine in my magic bag! Have fun.

Sharmaine I saw all your lovely photos of the animals on the blog. fantastic.

Marie I don't think we are quite as cold yet but it's coming. Snow on the mountains but not down here yet. It's pretty dark already though. Hate that! Are your arms sore? I really need to lift some weights again. My arms are thin enough but I need to be careful how I wave....too jiggly :P .

Anna, so hard to be a sleepy mommy. A nap for you both today?

Yesterday was our 14 year wedding anniversary. I did have to work at the restaurant but Bill came home a bit early before I left so we had a snuggle before work. We were remembering our wedding and how wonderful it was. Small, only 30 people, all close family and friends. It was magical. Our first couple of years of marriage were some of the most difficult. Moving, job changes, blending families, babies. Then the past few years have been rough going again with many other changes and struggles. We had been going to therapy recently and our therapist after listening to the story of our past 4 years looked at us with all seriousness and said, "Wow, what couple wouldn't be struggling?" It actually made us realize we have a lot stronger marriage than we thought. This reminds me of a quote I have loved for many years. It's from Rebecca Wells in the Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya sisterhood.

"I will do my best to give thanks for gifts strangely, painfully, beautifully wrapped."

I am going to pour another cup of coffee and get ready for work ladies. see you later.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 13th, '11, 11:12 am

Hello Sweet Daisies,

:)

It's good to be here.
I have had Hollie home as school was closed for a teacher training day and we shopped big style.
The girl loves to shop. It was so fun. We tried on loads of stuff and had lunch in an American Diner :)

Now my feet hurt but I'm sat here in my new skinny jeans feeling very girly.
I've been shying away from these for so long. She's been on and on at me to try them on and I love them. I actually feel slimmer :)
And I have new fluffy slippers too.

Glad Tuva is ok Anna after her shots.

Denise, 14 yrs. Congrats. Love your quote.

Nicky, did you see my tweet re your mixer >:D

Right, must leave this place and empty the washing machine x
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby NickyNoo » Oct 13th, '11, 12:53 pm

Funky Fairy wrote:Nicky, did you see my tweet re your mixer >:D

Oh Lis, I did and it made me giggle, totally forgot to reply though, sorry!

It took me a while to try out skinny jeans, I just didn't think they were right for my figure, then I tried some anyway, and I love them now. As long as I have a nice long top to go over my bum :D. Lovely with boots, too. Glad you like them! Sounds like you've had a lovely day :).
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Jeanne K » Oct 13th, '11, 1:30 pm

You Ladies are so funny! Love hearing about the skinny jeans Back in the day, Levi 501"s were tighter in the leg then they are now. Buy them Just a bit big, wash in hot water twice, then into a hot dryer, then you could get them so skinny we had to lay on the bed to button them. And we did not have thong undies so none was the way to eliminate those nasty lines.

Not much going on today, both boys at school, everything picked up so I am going to try get an hours nap in.
Jeanne,

Grandma to 2 autistic boys almost 9 & 7, I care for 60 hours a week and would not miss a minute!
Jeanne K
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby AnnaB » Oct 14th, '11, 4:01 am

Congrats on 14 years Denise...!!!!!

I'm glad you had such a nice day with Hollie yesterday Lisa!

I feel like I have a ping pong ball in my throat today. It's difficult to swollow. And I couldn't open my left eye this morning, because of all the yellow yucky stuff. Blaaah... :( Johan still has a cold after almost 4 weeks and this is my second week and it's only been getting worse so far. But no fever...! I guess that should make me happy. ;) :D

Tuva is sleeping and I'll try to get some time at my scrappy desk! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Oct 14th, '11, 5:54 am

Oh Anna! I hope the throat is better soon and you are all feeling 100% again.
Denise, yay to your 14 years. We are celebrating ours in December. Glad Bill came to work and you had that time together. Sometimes you just have to take those moments and hold them tight! Dave and I met for lunch today. Was really nice and I can't remember the last time it was just us like that. Just lovely :)
What you wrote, about what the counsellor said, reminded me of a quote that I think I heard once, you don't know how strong you are until you've seen the storm you've been through.
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Jeanne K » Oct 14th, '11, 3:14 pm

Anna, I hope you feel better soon. We had a nasty cold here at the house and it was so hard to get rid of it. With allergies it just makes it worse.

Today is my daughter's late day for work, so I got a late start this morning. But finishing up before I get the boys from school. My son and I are taking them to the park for an hour or so.
Jeanne,

Grandma to 2 autistic boys almost 9 & 7, I care for 60 hours a week and would not miss a minute!
Jeanne K
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby DeniseM » Oct 14th, '11, 8:42 pm

Thanks for the warm wishes ladies.

hope you are better Anna. I am feeling a bit yucky from allergies. It makes me just want to go to bed. I took tonight off from work. I have done 5 extra cleanings in the past 2 weeks. I need a break. :)

Jeanne, did you get everything done before picking up your grandsons? I remember feeling like I had so much time but then when I would look at the clock I would think, damn, where did the day go.

tomorrow is Saturday. so excited. long leisurely coffee and scrapping after the farmer's market i think. Working on ideas for my class but it's been so rainy and cold I haven't been able to photograph. Will try again on Sunday.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

PreviousNext

Return to Scrap Talk