MORE CHATTING - THIS WEEKS CHAT 10/10- 10/16

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

MORE CHATTING - THIS WEEKS CHAT 10/10- 10/16

Postby AnnaB » Oct 10th, '11, 2:07 am

Helloooo...! How are you this Monday morning? :)

It's pretty gray and a little rainy here, but I don't care right now. Linus and Alva are off to school/daycare and Tuva is sleeping and I'm going to scrap!

See you later! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: MORE CHATTING - THIS WEEKS CHAT 10/10- 10/16

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 10th, '11, 3:08 am

What a lovely start to your day Anna :)

It's overcast here too but quite warm.
There's a weeks French Trip at Louis' school in his year and the nasty ones have gone. So I'm hoping for a happy and easy week. I've planned for a tea time picnic to the woods on Thursday for a small group that aren't going.

Off to put a latte on :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby NickyNoo » Oct 10th, '11, 4:16 am

Borning girls - nope, that's not a typo, that's me talking with a cold, ugh! I felt rough all last week, and seemed to felt better from Friday, then my cold came out yesterday. At least I don't work on Mondays, so I can take it easy today. I've just spent the last hour on the PC, so I really should go and do something else in a mo. I've got a scrap page to finish off, so I'll do that and then reward myself with some ironing. Or should that be the other way round?? ;)

Anna, hope Tuva slept a nice long time for you!

Good luck with a calmer week, Lis, your picnic in the woods sounds like a fab idea :).
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nat Kalbach » Oct 10th, '11, 4:33 am

Good morning sweet girls - or borning- LOL

Sounds like an awesome day start Anna! Can't wait to see what you created.
Lisa- yum Latte-good idea :) I had two this morning
Nicky- yeah it is cold her too! I think first scrapping then rewarding with ironing sounds absolutley right - LOL

Today I have a couple things on the list to cross off and work a bit - all getting ready for Thursday when we finally fly to the States to visit family and friends and also I will teach some workshops. Im very excited- it has been since Christmas that we haven't seen our family and friends- and we have two little additions to the family right now- my brother in law and his wife are foster caring two cute boys. So it is the first time we will finalyl meet them. Have you all an awesome week!!!!
Nat Kalbach
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 10th, '11, 6:00 am

Oh dear Nic. Not a great start to the week : (
At least you can be cozy today.

Nat, is hubby from the US?
Lucky you. Sounds olike it's going to be a great trip :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Oct 10th, '11, 9:09 am

Where in the states are you visiting Nat?

Nicky I do hope you can just sleep all snuggled up for awhile. Hate colds!

A tea time picnic in the woods? That sounds like heaven :)

Anna enjoy your little bit of quiet and art time.

I am rushing a bit before work. Need to still eat and dress. boys are off, Bill is running some errands. His job has ended ahead of schedule but he was given a bit of a bonus for doing such an excellent job. It really is lovely. I know how good he is but sometimes when I see something he's built I just can't believe he can do that. I am a bit nervous about this winter. Hoping he finds a little work. It's not really the money because we have learned to live on less, it's really about what it does to him. He hates not working. Keep your fingers crossed ladies.

Got midterm grades for the boys and was pleasantly surprised. Conner has all A's. WHAT? that just seems impossible. He is a bright kid but school is not always his thing, all the busy work, handing stuff in, getting graded on being organized, etc. He told me Highschool is better for him because it is harder and there for interesting but there is less work. He explained that middleschool was all about boring busy work. Okay, whatever works! :) we are very happy for him!

It's getting cold here. I need to start dressing appropriately, no more flip flops! :(
Still wheat free although this cold weather makes me long to bake bread. I have so much more energy and I have now lost 10 pounds. Nice added benefit.

well, need to push on ladies. have a good one!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Oct 10th, '11, 10:10 am

Yay for Conner, that's so cool. Absolutely, whatever works for him! Well done on the 10 pounds, it must help make up for what you're missing out on :)
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Oct 10th, '11, 11:49 am

Been a busy morning for me as well. After leaving the kids I went home and finished off some company relatied items and then I headed to the gym to meet my PT. She made program for me to work after, and she gave me a runtrough. The program is based on 3 days of training, and we did it all at once, so I guess I´ll have a acing body tomorrow.... ;D

Yay for the 10 pounds Denise - I´m really glad it works and you feel better.

And Anna did you manage some Scrapbooking?

Picknick sounds great Lis, as well as a trip Nat.

Not much happening here tonight. I´m at work, doing work things ;)
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Jeanne K » Oct 10th, '11, 12:29 pm

Been a rough morning here. William (the oldest) did not want to go to school since he missed most of last week with the dental problems. He screamed for an hour and the problem with that is the new neighbors complained once already about the boys screaming. Guess they don't just get it having 2 kids with autism, life is not all a bowl of cherries. I hope we don't get a knock on the door from the manager.

I got no scraping over the weekend since the boys could not go to their dad's and yesterday we took the boys to see Dolphin Tale. It was a great movie for the boys and I liked it to. Of course it had a story tale happily ever ending.

I am going to work on something today if I get the laundry done. You all have an awesome day!
Jeanne,

Grandma to 2 autistic boys almost 9 & 7, I care for 60 hours a week and would not miss a minute!
Jeanne K
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby AnnaB » Oct 10th, '11, 12:33 pm

I didn't get that calm scrappy morning that I was looking forward to. :( Tuva has been in a bad mood today - mostly wanted to be very close and not sleeping well on her own. I'm not sure if it is the cold that's getting worse, or if it's just some other reason. (There's always like a million possible reasons for babies to react like this, right? :D )

She's supposed to get vaccinations again tomorrow... and I hope it's not the cold that is getting worse, because then perhaps she won't be able to get them.

I still managed to finish one layout... yay... but it wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped.

I also got to pick up my November CD kit! :D It feels like Christmas every time! I don't know what the post office are up to though. I had two parcels to pick up and for one of them I got this reminder-note saying that I only had a few more days until they'd send it back - but I never got the first one, so I didn't know they had my package! And the Cocoa Daisy box was missing... they couldn't find it! :o It turned out they'd managed to leave it behind on the first post office this morning so I had to drive there to pick it up. ::) Some extra trouble, but a happy ending... :D
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Oct 10th, '11, 12:51 pm

Oh, I missed your post Jeanne. I hope you won't get in trouble because of the screaming. That would be so unfair. :( I also hope things will be ok at school for William, despite the bad start to the day.

I also forgot to comment on everyone else's posts... can I blame a tired Tuva for distracting me? ;D (She is now almost asleep in my arms.)

Denise - yay for Conner...! :) So good!

I hope your trip will be great Nat!

Nicky, get well soon! I have this annoying irritation in my throat... I think I might spend some time coughing tonight. ::)

Lisa - the picnic sounds fun and I hope your week IS good!

Marie - I'm so impressed that you did all that training. I hope you'll feel ok tomorrow. :D
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » Oct 10th, '11, 3:22 pm

Oh, so good to be back, reading about your days, my friends.
Hope this week will turn out good for all of you.

My life has been so very busy the last couple of weeks....months....
BUt I hope I wil be back now.
Love to check in here.

xo
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 11th, '11, 1:03 am

Just popping in to say good morning.

Great news on those grade Denise. Lets hope it continues.

Jeanne. I hope there are no complaints. Autism or no autism, they are kids. They make noise.
It's the way it is, you can't expect them to be quiet.
We hear our neighbours and I'm very sure they must hear us. :)
I take it they don't have kids?

Anna, Yay you got your kit. I wonder if mine will come today???

Hi Marie :)

Gudrun, is the kitchen finished? Good to see you.

Must go get the kids up.
See you later.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Oct 11th, '11, 3:30 am

Good morning...! Had a crazy morning, again. ;D But as soon as we were out of the door, on our way to school things were ok. Alva and I then took Tuva to get her shots. It was a little better than the first time. She cried a lot after the second one, but not after the first, and she calmed down quickly. She now weighs 6,8 kg and we're soon about to start tring some food. How is it possible that she's growing so quickly?!

It's a gorgeous day today, blue sky and sun, but cold...! 4 deg C, which is about 39 F.

I brought some leaves in, that I want to try to draw and paint, but I don't know if I'll have time. :)

Good to see you Gudrun!

I hope your kit arrives Lisa! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nat Kalbach » Oct 11th, '11, 5:50 am

Lisa, yeah hubs is from New Jersey- so we try to go at least once or twice a year to visit since my inlaws are a bit older now and the brother and sister have kids-so it is a bit harder for them to come and visit us.

Denise this time we are going to NJ and then to Cape Cod for a short vacation and then to NYC where I teach a workshop together with Julie Fei Fan Balzer.

Denise, I'm crossing my fingers for your hubs!!!

I got my kit and it is sooooo awesome....ohhhh- i might just bring it with me on the trip . LOL
Nat Kalbach
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Oct 11th, '11, 9:24 am

How exciting Nat. I am from CT. so you are going to my stomping grounds. We lived in a small town about an hour 1/2 train ride from NYC and spent time in Martha's Vineyard each summer which is off the coast of Cape Cod. It's so beautiful there this time of year. ENJOY. and thanks for the crossed fingers for Bill's job situation.

Jeanne I do hope the neighbors are not too jerky. I am always so surprised when people have no empathy with children. Glad the movie went well.

Gudrun so good to see you here. I have been thinking about you so much, wondering how you are doing with kids, job at home, job at school, hubby, remodel. yikes! Hope things are going well. Know that I am sending you super woman power hugs. :)

Marie, how did you feel the next day after that work out? It's funny, I used to be so sore in the mornings when I first starting cleaning houses. Now I am used to it I guess.

Anna, so glad little Tuva did okay with her shots. Have you been playing with your kit?

Hope you have a good day Lisa :)

I feel like Lisa this morning. Up at 5:30, 2 loads of laundry, sorted 2 nights of dinners, lunches, cleaned kitchen, paid bills. ready for work. How do you do it Lisa? :o
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby dancingarden » Oct 11th, '11, 9:46 am

I meant to jump into the forums sooner than today but been so busy!

it's a rainy day, so I feel a little overcast myself.

I design for my local LSS and I have an kit assignment and I'm only half done... not feeling very creative today. Actually, have a lot of things that need done and I'm not feeling very motivated at all. Darn dreary weather. :)

I hope everyone's day today is a good day and more productive than mine is starting out to be. ;)
dancingarden
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby mison » Oct 11th, '11, 11:01 am

Ok - don´t tell anyone - I took my computer with me to the bathroom. It´s the only private room in the house since it´s the only one with lock on... ;)

Lis & Denise - working bees!! Send some enery over please :D And Denise - I´m not that "still" as I imagined actually. I´ll get back on the subject after this weeks 3 sessions at the gym.

Anna - how is Tuva after the shots! Bunkered up with Paracetamol? Hope you have opened and dug into you kit.

Jeanne - you should buy your neighbours a pair of headphones with radio in! They seam a bit oversensetive! Kids make noices that is just the way it is - have they missed something that fundamental?

Just finished our supper and Sven & Max are off to hocky practise. As usual an excited 7 yo!!
Might go to the gym tonight, or might scrap - haven´t descided yet.... Well, that is after I put Alice to bed and the guys are home again.

Gudrun - HI! Been missing you!
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Jeanne K » Oct 11th, '11, 12:28 pm

OK, First, I need to get on the DT (haha) I am so jealous you are getting next months kit while I still waiting for my Oct kit.
It was a much better morning and no knocks on the door from yesterday. I agree all kids make noise, but there kids (if they have any) don't make a peep. Wonder if they even have any. And these are all 3 bedroom apts, so moving in, you would have to figure there are kids.

A question; I saw an ad for the We R Memory Keepers for a ribbon tool. You use the magnetic small tool anywhere on your page, then use the cutting part and actually puts holes in you paper so you can thread it through (with a special needle (included). You can choose between 5 or 6 models from leaves, flowers, shoe laces, zigzag, scalloped, straight over and under, and I forget the others? Wondering if anyone else saw them and your thoughts on it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful scrappy day, I am.
Jeanne,

Grandma to 2 autistic boys almost 9 & 7, I care for 60 hours a week and would not miss a minute!
Jeanne K
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Olivia » Oct 11th, '11, 12:36 pm

Well I have been living in a migraine induced stupor for a few weeks. I seem to have come out of it and I was feeling better, but now bronchitis has set in. I get it every fall when the weather starts changing. It is brought on by seasonal allergies I think. I have also spent a great deal of time in the dusty part of my library, so there is no telling what I have inhaled. I am on high powered antibiotics, got a steroid shot, and some decongestant medicine...Oh what fun...I hate shots and taking meds, but this crap in my lungs is awful and now I have lost my voice...Hopefully I will start feeling better in a day or so. Thanks for letting me be a complainer there for a minute... :)

I saw on Twitter where AC had acquired Crate Paper and also is working with Studio Calico? Did I read that correctly? I am a bit worried, I have never been a big AC fan, even though I really like Amy Tan's line. I just hope that Crate Paper and Studio Calico can still maintain their high quality and vintag-y flair. What do you think? Or what are you hearing?
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to Scrap Talk