This Weeks Chat - 09/19 - 09/24

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Re: This Weeks Chat - 09/19 - 09/24

Postby NickyNoo » Sep 21st, '11, 3:12 pm

I'm feeling a bit lost with this week's chat, I just haven't kept up!

I thought life was going to be a little calmer now that I'm working slightly less hours, but no, of course not! The cycling training is taking up a lot of time, I'm riding a bit when the boys are at school, but that will all be over in a couple of weeks. My friend and I did 38 miles on Sunday! I could have done more too, so the training is obviously paying off.

So sorry you didn't get the result you wanted Anna :(, and after all the hard work you put into it.

I'm waiting for Paul to get in from a school govenors meeting, I might have to crack open that bottle of white in the fridge for a cheeky mid-week tipple if he doesn't hurry up ;D
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » Sep 21st, '11, 4:57 pm

Oh, so sorry about the school-changes Anna.
Hope they will listen to the majority of the citicens after all and that things will turn out good.

Today I have made class kits and prepared for my workshops in Austria this weekend.
I'm so excited!

I'æve put up a picture of my boy, on my blog, from his "big day" last sunday.
**proud mama** LOL

Hope you are all fine, my friends.
Thinking of you.
xo
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 21st, '11, 5:20 pm

Hello.
I popped in earlier Anna to take a peek to see if you had some news. Sorry to see it's not the happy variety.
I really do feel sad for you :(

Now Ade's home after being away for 1 sleep and 2 days and I've missed him loads.
Feels like he's been away for days.
Off for a cuddle, see you tomorrow x
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Marja Seidemo » Sep 22nd, '11, 12:56 am

hi, i´ve been around here but haven´t posted. Nothing happends here except it´s raining..i´m working an training my dogs. My 3 girls are in New York together with some friends. What a blast!! I´m so glad my dauhgters are best friends and doing stuff together :)
This weekend Nob is going fishing so i´m alone, guess what i´m up to?

SCRAPPING! :D :D I´ve got 2 awesome kits... ;) (One from CD and one from Marie/Mison)

Anna: so sorry to hear about this re-organisation. I guess money plays a big role here, always the bad guy >:( You wan´t the best for your kids and it´s awful when things like that happends, things out of ones control.

Marie: so funny that your hubbie is away fishing this weekend and i´m really sorry you live so far away, otherwise´i´d join you ;D

Gudrun: good luck with your Austria-trip. What a fun thing to do!!

wish you all an awesome weekend, hugs
Marja Seidemo
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby AnnaB » Sep 22nd, '11, 2:37 am

Where does time go? Someone is eating my hours... ;D

How fun that your daughters are in New York together Marja! :) A scrappy weekend sounds great!

Gudrun - how very exciting with the workshops in Austria! I hope you'll have a fab time! :)

Nicky - I'm so impressed by your biking adventures...! Yay for you...!

I'm feeling slightly better today, after being very sad and upset yesterday. This whole school thing is so frustrating. But hopefuly the fight will continue... :) We believe so strongly that we are right. Money is the key - or at least that's what they say. The HUGE problem i that I don't see that they have truly shown that this will give rise to much extra money. According to what they've shown they won't even get enough money out of it to hire 2 new teachers, it's more like 1,5 and that's not for our school, but for all schools in this town. I can't see why they are making several hundred kids change schools against their will to hire 1 more teacher! And they haven't even done the calculations to see what it will cost them to adjust the schools and the school yards. They've only made lots of promises on how they'll involve us in that process.

Yep... I could go on and on.... ;D

I got my Oct kit yesterday but didn't have time to scrap. Very frustrating. But I love just smelling and touching the kit too... ;D
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 22nd, '11, 3:44 am

Morning!!

Glad you are feeling a tad better this morning Anna.
I hope you get some time soon to play.

Marja, how lovely your girls going away :)

I'm soooooo tired. I've worked silly hours again. I've just finished a large very last minute order. Phew!! But I did have a nice time with Steph yesterday. I worked on some DT stuff that I've been meaning to do for ages and it's a gift for my baby neice for this weekend, so pleased that's now done.

Chili is in the crock and I have loads of work odds and ends to get done today.
A friend has asked me to grab her kids after school, she'd forgotten to sort it, so I have a houseful til after 5pm. At least they all get on well.

I worked on a CD LO throughout work stuff and fixing dinner last night with the new Oct kit. One of those where you platter on the paint and pick the kids up from school. Come home and cut the papers, then make the kids a snack and sort out the lunch boxes. Stick the papers down, put dinner on. Get the drift :)
Hollie walked home after doing netball after school and then a drama audition. Came home in her sports gear. Louis and I walked with the dog and met her half way as it was after 5pm and once she says good bye to her friend that she walks with the roads are quiet and have lots of trees. I don't like this walk for her alone once all the school kids have gone after 4pm. So we walk and meet on this road. Silly, it's only 3mins walk from our house, but I worry.
Then when she was home she realised that she'd left her whole school uniform in the sports centre locker room. So we all got in the car and had to drive to school ::) Thankfully it was all still open and she found it. I had visons of having to buy a whole new uniform $$$$$$$$$

I guess I should go and get some work done.
I could easily sit here and chat all day :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby missusem » Sep 22nd, '11, 1:16 pm

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in to say HI. I know I've been missing but I've just been bz with a million other things just growing in the form of a non-ending to-do list. But I love busy as you know :).

Nice to see so many new faces on the boards. Must be good for CD.

Hopefully you're all in good health :)

Congrats on the good news again Lisa and Anna -- scrap magazine DT sounds just up your streets :).

Love.. :)
Sue :)
Blog

Image Image
missusem
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 23rd, '11, 3:39 am

Sue, it's you :)
Hope everything is going well in Canada.

I am so so tired today.
I feel a touch snappy and moody and could quite easily cry.
I feel like I'm in a bubble, everything is all hazey.
I've worked such long hours again this week and still have so much to do.
It's my neice's 3rd birthday today but I really don't fancy going over this weekend.
Louis has footy tomorrow morning and then I want to do nothing. I ended up working so much last
weekend and I have a really busy October coming up.
Because fuel is so expensive we never feel like we can just visit my sis for a coffee, we feel like it should be a day trip.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Sep 23rd, '11, 5:09 am

It's so good to see you here Sue...!!!

Lisa - I hope you'll feel better and that you'll be able to get some time off during the weekend!

I'm going to pick my mother up at the train station now. We haven't seen her since April and she has never met Tuva yet.

busy busy... talk to you later! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 23rd, '11, 5:43 am

Hope the weekend goes well Anna x
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby NickyNoo » Sep 23rd, '11, 7:14 am

Lovely to see you here Sue! I can imagine how busy you are. Most important, though - how is your new scrap space coming on?! :)

Lis, you sound like you need a bit of time off, can you get away with just a short visit tomorrow? Hopefully chat with you in a bit :)

Anna, good luck with your mum's visit, hope all goes well :)

I should be looking forward to the end of shool today to see my munchkins, but actually I'm looking forward to Sam going to a friend for the night and Max going to a party for a couple of hours ;D. Naughty mummy.......

What I'm really hoping to do is delve into my Sept kit, which I only got yesterday - I'm a bit cross with our post office, cos I went in to get a parcel yesterday, and they brought out 3 more, one of which had been sitting there for 2 weeks, and my kit which had been there for one week! Our lazy grumpy postman doesn't appear to have left the calling card two weeks ago, and then two parcels since then had been left with the first one at the PO, rather than being delivered, and we had no idea they were there. Grrrrrrr!

Should be a fairly quiet weekend, I'm taking the boys to an event at the library tomorrow, and I need to do a couple of bike rides, but otherwise not much on. Thankfully. ;D
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 23rd, '11, 7:43 am

Nicky it sounds like the bike riding is going well. have fun tonight ;)

Lisa, you described the feeling I have this morning so well. blech. like I just might fall to pieces. I am so sorry you have had one of those weeks. I feel like a want a mommy when I am this tired and worn out. Coffee is helping and the fact that it is friday. That's the thing with you though, you don't exactly get "the weekend" off with your business. :(

I do have something nice to look forward to though. I am going to my restaurant tonight with Bill. I don't normally like to go to eat where I work but it is the best in town AND the owners gave me a 100 dollar gift certificate. :) So I am getting dressed up, hair, make up the works and going out on a date with my husband.

I have 2 houses today and then an extra job cleaning a clients windows. I can do it, I can do it!!!

Anna, I hope your weekend goes well with your mom. Do you get on well with her? She must be excited to see Tuva.

Sue, so good to see you here!! I have been stalking your blog because I miss your pretty face. Glad things are busy and going so well in your new home.

Marja you have been busy scrapping I see from the gallery. I enjoy your style so much. Hopefully your girls are taking pictures of their time in New york-more to scrap!

Marie, where are you? Hope work has been okay.

well, I need to start getting ready. I will check back later if I have time before dinner. Be well ladies.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Sep 23rd, '11, 10:32 am

Your dinner date sounds so lovely Denise! Enjoy xx
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Sep 23rd, '11, 12:49 pm

Denise - don´t worry - I´m here ;)

Just been terrible tired, have a cold and a terrible headace. Curing it the Nicky Noo way - just poored myself a glas of wine...

Great with your mom staying over Anna!

Nicky - trying out for the Tour the France next year ;) I´m just jelous...

Denise - dinner date with the hubby seams great. Mine (not hubby but still...) has gone fishing, so it´s just me and the little missy at home. Going out for dinner it something special.

Oh I forgot to congratulate Anna and Lisa - did know the mag was coming since Nat told a little, but I didn´t know you two also were a part of it.

HI SUE! Nice to see your words again :D

Marja - we have to sync our partners nest time - so we can get a scrappy weekend together I mean.

Well, little missy has fallen asleep. Guess it´s just me, the glas of red and two nice september kits left then!
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Sep 23rd, '11, 1:24 pm

mison wrote:Just been terrible tired, have a cold and a terrible headace. Curing it the Nicky Noo way - just poored myself a glas of wine...

Sorry you've got a bad head Marie :(. But you have indeed chosen the tried and tested cure, works like a charm (well, it does in this house ;D). I've got a glass of red and a Sept kit for company too, since hubby is out being a wedding photographer today - just need to get one little man to bed (other is at a sleepover), and I'm good to go. Have a nice evening, hope that head clears up soon xx
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby scrapally » Sep 23rd, '11, 2:38 pm

I can't believe it's Friday already!

The only thing happy happening is my daughter arrives home SUNDAY! I thought she'd be home Monday, but I re-read her airline info and Sunday it is! I am SO excited.

Saturday I will attend a bonus boot camp session - which I love doing. Got out hiking this morning with a friend. A good 5.8 mi. loop in this beautiful mountain recreation area. Loved it.

Saturday should be clean the house for the kid's arrival day.

Today I should be grading and class prepping. But so far, other than the hike, I'm being pretty lazy.
Building strong children is easier than fixing broken men.
Marion Wright Edelman
scrapally
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Kimberly » Sep 24th, '11, 12:44 am

This week sure went by quickly! I've been so busy all week with Olivia and her fun school projects that I've barely had time to sit down at the computer.
Tonight I've been scrapbooking...and getting assignments done...really good for my soul tonight! O0

I hope you all are having a great start to your weekend! xx
Loves,
K

Blog
Website
Kimberly
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby AnnaB » Sep 24th, '11, 12:30 pm

I feel like there's been too much going on for so long now - I miss having proper time to read and chat! I hope things will get better! :)

Denise - I hope your dinner was great!!! It sounds really lovely and it's been.... well, a whole bunch of years since Johan and I went out for dinner only the 2 of us.

Scrapally - what a lovely surprise that it's Sunday and not Monday! :)

I hope you had a nice time with the wine and the kits Marie! And you too Nicky! How totally frustrating with the parcels being stuck at your post office Marie! Grrrrr....! You got no explanation at all?

It's nice having my mother here. Things are a bit complicated between us, but it's going pretty well this time - so far, at least. ;) She is really excited about seeing the kids and that's so nice. She has MS and doesn't walk very well and she can't take care of Tuva or things like that, but she and Alva spent quite some time playing card games this morning and it was really nice watching them together.

I was trying out for the "worst-mother-of-the-year-award" earlier today, when I made apple muffins (we have so many apples on our tree - it's crazy) while Tuva was screaming most of the time... ::) Phew, sometimes it's rather stressful trying to get anything done.

I've made a couple of layouts with the October kit so far, but I'm really dying to get some more scrapping done! :) Perhaps in front of the TV with my mother and J keeping me company tonight? I'm not sure I'm able to scrap like that, but it would be fun trying. Tuva has to fall asleep though...
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Sep 24th, '11, 12:40 pm

Had a fun time playing with my kits yesterday. And the wine helped getting rid of my headace (Nicky you are so CLEVER!). Will try the same things tonight ;)

Had a nice day with Alice today, cleaning, baking sourdugh bred (don´t know if it´s called something else in english...). We went to my fav cafe for lunch, and to the Yarn store one the way back. Alice has been watching me knitting socks for myself and she wanted a pair too - red ones... Better hurry up and finish mine now.

Not much else to tell. Good luck with the TV scrapbooking Anna - works a treat for me anyway :D Hope everyone elsa has/had a nice Saturday.
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Previous

Return to Scrap Talk