This Weeks Chat - 09/19 - 09/24

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

This Weeks Chat - 09/19 - 09/24

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 19th, '11, 3:22 am

Another Monday.

Hi Ladies !!!!!

So what's planned for this week?
Lunches? Scrappy plans? Trips out?
Anything exciting??

Thankfully a quieter week for us.
I worked all over the weekend but managed to do stuff with the family too. A good thing with working form home.
Lots of work for me this week, but fairly normal, not crazy like last week.
Ade's away tomorrow night.
Kids have friends over tomorrow for tea and then will take the boys to footy.
Scrappy friend Steph (nerdbird) is coming over Wednesday.
I need a scrappy day and I'm hoping my CD kit will be here by then.
Something exciting on Thursday and Friday is ultra exciting.....

.......New series of The Middle and Modern Family start back to back and hour of each.
7-9pm. We've declared it a pizza picnic night :) :) All 4 of us are dead excited :) :)

Off to upload the new weekly challenge now.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: This Weeks Chat - 09/19 - 09/24

Postby AnnaB » Sep 19th, '11, 6:33 am

Hello... very quickly stopping by. All 3 kids are at home today, because school/daycare are closed. L and A are playing, playing, fighting, playing... :D Things are going pretty well, I'd say. ;D

I hope to scrap soon! Tuva just fell asleep. I'm just hoping that the fighting/playing doesn't get too loud. :P :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Sep 19th, '11, 7:39 am

Hellu! Been around but not posted...

Have one of those days dedicated to my company that ends up with me sitting on the scraptable instead ;D The plan was to pack kits, but the things hasn´t arrived from the US yet, so I can´t do that... Bummer ;) Made 3 cards using things I got from a Marianne Design. Never heard about them before a couple of weeks ago when we had a interview in the enzine with the owner. They make lovely dies, and I got to try a pack :D You know - me who never use dies anymore ::) There will be a post in my blog about it tomorrow.

Not much planned yet for this week, a lot of things for Max though.
Max has hocky on Thuesday and Thursday.
Tomorrow there the school is cloesed so both kids will stay at home with me. I´m going to a Crafts Cafe my mother is attending to show how to make cards (x-mas cards). I´ve spent one hour going trough my stash to find all christmas like papers I have left, cause I have no new ones... I can put it this way - I really need to use up some old things. I have so many nice old papers just laying around :D

The kids will stay at Svens parents from thursday until Friday cause I´m working night and Sven´s going fishing. Then my parents will pick Max up on Friday evening and take him to stay with them. They´ll go to a show on Saturday with a lot of trucks, tractors etx. A paradise for a 7 yo boy (and his grandfather... ;) ;D ).

Since there only be me and Alice at home for almost the whole weekend I´ll try to invite a friend over for some scrapbooking/winedrinking. Anyone who got money left over your welcome up north :D

No, Lis no lunches planned. We eat leftovers... I´m trying to figure out what to make for dinner this week, but I´m lost here instead. You know how it is - just a tiny peek and then your stuck.
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby scrapally » Sep 19th, '11, 8:28 am

Thought I'd jump in and join the fun... new to Cocoa Daisy, but not scrappin' :)... have a few questions on another thread would love answered too. :D

My week is going to be the slowest week in history, I am sure. My fantastically amazing incredible daughter (about whom I am not the least bit biased ;-) ) has been in Montana working since the end of May and I have missed her TONS! She comes home ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! To say I am excited is the understatement of the century.

I teach on Mondays, so that will have me busy today. I am also working on a scrappy assignment that must get done today AND on top of all that... today I have to have an emergency visit to the dentist because I broke a tooth IN HALF on Saturday. NO fun!
Building strong children is easier than fixing broken men.
Marion Wright Edelman
scrapally
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 19th, '11, 9:02 am

scrapally wrote:My week is going to be the slowest week in history, I am sure. My fantastically amazing incredible daughter (about whom I am not the least bit biased ;-) ) has been in Montana working since the end of May and I have missed her TONS! She comes home ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! To say I am excited is the understatement of the century.

I teach on Mondays, so that will have me busy today. I am also working on a scrappy assignment that must get done today AND on top of all that... today I have to have an emergency visit to the dentist because I broke a tooth IN HALF on Saturday. NO fun!

Where in Montana was your daughter? I live in Missoula. Hope your dentist appt. goes okay, no fun there. I will check out your questions tonight when I get home on the other thread.myabe I can answer-maybe not?!

Lisa, I am glad your week will be easier and not so hectic. I always think it would be hard to work at home in some ways. Unless you are not easily distracted which I can be. You are super organized though so I am sure that helps. A pizza picnic sounds fun! The challenges are amazing this week. as always. :)

Anna hope your day of fighting, playing, fighting goes well :)

Marie you sound like you have some busy days this week but also fun. wine and scrapping sounds delightful. I am having trouble cooking dinner lately to. been too tired to plan and then it makes it harder to come up with something last minute. takes too long. I need to sit down and figure out what I have and can make, pull out the crock pot and get some soup going this week.

well, off to work ladies. Have a great day. I will try to check in later with my tea.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby alissa » Sep 19th, '11, 9:51 am

yay! finally a day off. (from work, anyways)
last week seems like it was a blur. spent a LARGE part of my days off editing wedding photos. but, they are finally done, in the clients hands and i've got the rest of my $$$. :) (always a good thing, right?)

this week i need to work on my october gallery projects and have a lunch planned with my bestie on wednesday. we're going to be going through a huge box of old tea cup sets from my gram. can't wait to see what treasures we will find.

i continue to work on my "learn something new every day" book, too. (i've been using, mostly, the september kit for this project and i can't wait to share it with you all)

have a great day, all!
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Jeanne K » Sep 19th, '11, 10:45 am

Yay, daughter off to work early, both boys off to school. Though that means major cleanup, I also should get some scrappy time in.

I did get major rest in this weekend and I needed it! Since I am newer member, I should say that I suffer with Lupus and a bunch of other ailments that go with it and don't have lots of extra energy. But I still squeeze in timw to scrap.

So this week starts with getting caught up then some me time before the boys get home.

Hope everyone has a scrap happy week.
Jeanne,

Grandma to 2 autistic boys almost 9 & 7, I care for 60 hours a week and would not miss a minute!
Jeanne K
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Asil » Sep 19th, '11, 2:38 pm

Aloha ladies!
Around often, but not writing much.. Am I the only one with problemt loading cocoadaisy.com these days? I get a lot of timeouts and errors when opening pages here..

Busy days around here, but I've got tomorrow off! Wohoo! Hope to get time to sit down and play with my September-kit that arrived the other day. Looks like the best kit so far, but then again - they do each month. :D

It's raining CONSANTLY here - I'm about to go mental! How about some sunshine for more than an hour?? Gosh, I haven't been so weather moody in ages!

Anna, have there been any decisions about the school situation yet?

:)
Asil
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 20th, '11, 8:50 am

Lisa how are things? Sounds like you are busy with kids/work. Hope you get some scrapping time in. I have not noticed anything slow about the board in the past few days. I am going to send you some sunshine-I know how depressing the lack of can be. That's why I dread winter here.

Jeanne, I am sorry to hear you have Lupus. I don't know much about it but my neighbor had it and I know she struggled with being tired. I hope you get your work done and have time and energy to do some creative therapy :) .

Alissa are you a photographer full time? A box of old tea cups? I just about fell over in my chair. sounds fabulous.

Off to work ladies. Have a great day!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Sep 20th, '11, 12:01 pm

Helloo....

They're about to make the decision about the schools tonight. The meeting starts NOW and Johan is there. I'm so angry and sad... :( But at least we've done what we could.

I went around to some of the houses on our street yesterday evening, to see if I could get more people to sign their names on our list against the re-organization. I got a few new names, some had already signed and some didn't open the door. :) It was a bit scary, I don't know many of the people living here. Everyone has a pretty "closed" garden/yard and we don't really 'hang out'. There are a few neighbours that I know better, but many of them are pretty unknown to me. I think I managed to NOT become friends with some new neighbours. They moved in this spring and I haven't said hello to them before. I figured this was a great chance to introduce myself, so when they opened the door I told them my name and where I live and then why I was there and that we are collecting names. As it happened the woman in the house turned out PRO the decision (the man didn't say anything at all) and so she told me with a very aggressive voice. Apparently she has kids who are going to school "downtown" already and she figured this was a great re-organization plan. I didn't stay and chat for very long, I'm telling you... and they never told me their names. I guess I'm happy about being a lot more polite towards them than they were towards me... :P But I really don't think we're becoming close friends any time soon...

I was thinking afterwards... she apparently moved here, knowing that she'd live here and that her kids would go to school "downtown". That's a whole different thing compared to many others - like us - who moved here thinking that our kids would go to school here, until they were 12. For her it's not such a big change.

Anyway... I heard that the local TV news were coming to the meeting, so I guess I'll have to watch out for that tonight.

Apart from all this... we still have some problems with Alva's stomach. I really hate it when she's suffering and I hope things will get sorted soon.

I hope that J will be able to collect a lovely Cocoa Daisy box for me, after the meeting! :D (But we've ordered a lego-thing for Linus too, so I'm not 100% sure it's the kit.)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » Sep 20th, '11, 2:34 pm

Hi my friends.
Finally back after one of the busiest weeks ever. Edvins confirmation and the family party onh sunday went all well. He love parties and had the best time with grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends. We had 42 (!!) guest at our house, lots of food, cakes, music, chat and laughter.

On monday my son said: Thanks mom. You made me a wonderful party. I'll never forget those words. :) :)

This week is busy too. Hubby off to work in Germany - me planning everything for the 3ndypapir stand at the scrappy exhibition in Oslo next weekend - and at the same time planning for me going to Austria to teach some workshops the very same weekend...

and work at school ...

phew..

Promise, I will be back!! I really miss you my friends.
xo
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby titch » Sep 20th, '11, 2:47 pm

Crikey, everyone seems so busy!

Me, I'm back on the wedding organisation, getting sorted to go back to study next week and that's pretty much it... I think.
Jenny
Paper Geek and proud!

Inky Paws!

I keep clicking my fingers but the house remains a mess, I'm now thinking Mary Poppins is a fake.
titch
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Jeanne K » Sep 20th, '11, 3:26 pm

Have to say Titch, I love your siggy line. I quit snapping my fingers when my kids were small, and found out the grands doesn't make it work either! So I live in a WELL Lived In home!
Jeanne,

Grandma to 2 autistic boys almost 9 & 7, I care for 60 hours a week and would not miss a minute!
Jeanne K
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby DeniseM » Sep 20th, '11, 9:36 pm

Jeanne I like Titch's siggy as well. I feel like Mary Poppins but for other people not for my house. :P Anna, I am hoping for the best for you. How hard to do what you did this afternoon. very brave.

Gudrun, how wonderful your son said that to you. I am sure that will stay with you for a long time. We miss you to. I know you must be so busy with your new job. hang in there!

Having tea and ready to watch a movie for a bit before bed. My desk/room needs sorting but I just can't manage it. too tired. some days are longer than others.... :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Sep 20th, '11, 10:20 pm

Hi all :)
Dave' is home late tonight, yay :)
Been keeping busy and with school back that hasn't been a hard task to master :)
Denise, I have my playlist playing and thinking of you :)
Anna, hope the school meeting goes well and isn't too upsetting. HUGS
Lisa, hope the week has been ok, been thinking of you :)
Ally, hope the tooth repair went ok!
Jeanne, hope you had some scrappy time and some rest time!
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby mison » Sep 21st, '11, 4:22 am

Hellu...

...I´m thinking of Christmas today. How strange isn´t that in September? I started think about what to order for December, Christmas presents etc. And I got a mail from the company that I design for - they wanted us to pick our which products we want from the Christmas line... Anyone else thinking about Chirstmas or are you to busy living in the present ;) ?

How did the school meeting go Anna? You know - I don´t know everyone in our street eighter. No need to it.

You Norwegian ladies seams busy, busy...Gudrun what do your hubby do for a living? He travels a lot right?

Sharmaine - as we´re heading towards winter here - do you have spring now? You kind of live on the opposite side of the world from me...

I´m off to work tonight. Have two nights this week. Hopefully clam ones, I have a annoying cold and aren´t up for any "major running around the ICU" this nights... Patients should sleep at night ;)

Well, I´ve finished my lunch so I guess it´s just time to head up to bed. Have a nice day and evening all.
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Sep 21st, '11, 5:57 am

Ooooo, I'm so angry and sad today. They voted for the re-organization. Just like I knew they would. But I guess I was still hoping.

I've been writing some e-mails today too. I don't know if it's good or if I'm only making myself feel worse.

Despite this, we haven't given up completely. There is a rule that says that if you get 10% of those entitled to vote, to sign a paper demanding a popular vote(?)/referendum(?) you can ask for that to happen. They don't have to do it and if they do it, they don't have to follow the result. But it would be a very strong message from the citizens... We'll see what happens.

I think someone is fast forwarding the clock today! I need to go pick up kids! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 21st, '11, 8:57 am

So sorry Anna. That really is a bummer but in a strange way probably a learning experience as far as the process goes. It seems strange that if there is a majority of families wanting things to stay where they are they would still change it.

Sharmaine, seriously sometimes I keep your playlist going as I am doing other things! :) love it.

Marie, hope your night was okay and your patients nice and sleepy.

I have a pretty easy day today. Just one house which is about 4 hours and then a break and then the restaurant. It actually feel almost like a day off! I can come home and eat lunch before work. relax a bit. nice.

It's fall for sure today. colder at night and in the morning. I slept so good last night with the cool weather.

Will check back later ladies. wish we could all have coffee for real. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby scrapally » Sep 21st, '11, 9:25 am

School issues are some that bring out the strongest emotions in people. I think it's that feeling of mama bear protecting her cubs because we all want what is best for our children... and that starts with education. I'm sorry things aren't panning out as you'd hoped Anna.
Marion Wright Edelman
scrapally
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby scrapally » Sep 21st, '11, 9:28 am

Oh - forgot to answer this:
Where in Montana was your daughter? I live in Missoula. Hope your dentist appt. goes okay, no fun there. I will check out your questions tonight when I get home on the other thread.myabe I can answer-maybe not?!

My kiddo was working on a ranch called Sweetgrass about 40mi. outside of Big Timber. I wanted so much to get up there to visit her! But I had a couple of issues arise and being unemployed, my cash flow is really limited. She is now in CO visiting a friend and is home in SIX days! But as excited as I am, I am sad because she is only home for 3 weeks and then she heads to Australia and New Zealand for THREE MONTHS. Ahhh, to be young again.
Marion Wright Edelman
scrapally
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to Scrap Talk