Come and Chat 08/29 - 09/04

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Come and Chat 08/29 - 09/04

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 29th, '11, 2:40 am

Good Morning,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.
It's a holiday in England today.
I have my Dad staying from the US along with my sis and her family.
My brother left this morning as he has to work.
It's been a crazy but fun weekend.

We are heading out to a big park nearby this morning. Some of the Harry Potters were filmed there.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Come and Chat 08/29 - 09/04

Postby mison » Aug 29th, '11, 8:06 am

Sunny and warm here today. Staying at home this afternoon with a little sick lady. She´s got fever but are quite all right anyway. I worked until one, and then took the train home, and Sven went to work.

Have BIG plans to do some scrapbooking tonight when Sven´s at work. He´ll be working until 9 or ten tonight. He is lucky to be able to change hi´s working hours as it pleases him. That is one of the good things with beeing a boss ;D This way we don´t loose a lot of money.

Not much other plans I´m afraid. The usual - dinner, laundry, etc. Did you have a fun reveal night? I must admit that I totally forgot about it...
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 29th, '11, 8:08 am

I hope you're having a nice and fun family day Lisa!

I hope she'll be well again soon Marie!

I've been so busy today! Feels like I've been in a hurry all day. It's not entirely true, but I guess it's just difficult to shake the feeling when you've been very stressed... :P

Because I needed to quickly find something in my scraproom I made a total mess and my scraptable is now filled with stuff! I seem to have WAY to many ongoing projects that are difficult to store without making a mess. :) I hope to be able to clear the table because I want to scrap tonight! The September kit still needs my attention and I'm totally looking forward to that! :D

Johan will hopefully be home in time to follow Alva to a "dance lesson" for kids aged 4-6. It's possible to go there today and try it out. It's called "dance play" so I guess it's dancing, but in a playful way. We tried tennis for Alva, but she didn't like it... She was way too shy and scared... :) In my opinion she has grown a lot since then, so hopefully she'll find this fun! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Aug 29th, '11, 8:57 am

Well the boys and Bill are off for the day. We had some nervous stomachs in this house. Conner especially. Of course it hasn't rained here for 2 months and today it's just pouring rain. I am ready to head out myself. Earlier start when school is on. Which is good I guess. Makes the day over sooner.

Lisa I am glad you are having fun despite the stress. It is wonderful to spend time with family. I do miss my mom. Haven't seen her in almost 4 years.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and good luck to Alva Anna.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » Aug 29th, '11, 9:22 am

Hi. The rain is pooring down here today.
But I really don't care about that. ... I had my first day at work at the school today.
Today I had nutrition and Kitchen class in 8th grade. It was SO fun.
The kids loved to listen and learn a little bit about hygiene and bacterias, and then go on to the fun part: make a delicious vegetable soup.
:)
Tonight I will go practice my violin in the orchestra. Haven't been there since before summer vacation, so it will be good to see all my musician friends again. :)

It's a bit crazy busy around the house today. Really not totally in to the swing of things....
::)
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 29th, '11, 1:56 pm

Busy Busy Busy.

We went to Viginia Water for a walk today.
They are Royal Gardens and really beautiful.
We didn't anticipate how big it was and the hour walk we expected took us almost 4!!
Good job it stayed dry.

We are heading off tomorrow for a couple of days to stay at my sisters.
We are meeting the German side of the family in Oxford as they are visiting and staying with an uncle.

Enjoy your week.
See you soon xxx
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Aug 29th, '11, 2:59 pm

Have a great time Lisa!

I'm glad the teaching was fun Gudrun! :) And I so envy you for being able to play the violin! I don't play any instrument at all.

Alva loved the dancing! :) She wasn't shy at all, and it was such a huge difference from the tennis (a year ago) when she hardly left J's or my side. She'll be going once a week, beginning in the end of September.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Aug 29th, '11, 3:11 pm

Hi girls :)

We've had a lovely long holiday weekend, lots of family time which has been so lovely. Last Thursday I took the boys to the coast to meet up with a friend who was camping there, we spent the day at the campsite, the boys swam and biked, while my friend and I chatted and chatted :). Paul biked up there after he finished work, and we all stayed over (she has a caravan, the boys slept inside while Paul and I camped out in the awning). We stayed up til 3am chatting and drinking, so relaxed and fun. Need less to say we did very little on Friday!

Over the weekend we have tidied and sorted a little, I got to go shopping (for me), and had lots of family movie/Wii time. We went back up to the coast yesterday and went crabbing, which was hugely successful, we caught loads and the boys just loved it. And today we've been into the city for a spot of shopping, and the boys had a go at this:

'Water walking', have you come across it? (this is an internet pic, only got pics on my phone today). Sam did it a couple of years ago and this was Max's first go, they just giggled and giggled ;D. So funny to watch. We finished off the day with a fab meal at our favourite pizza restaurant.

Anna, how fab that the dance class was such a success!

Gudrun, I play the violin too, so good that you get to play regularly. My poor violin is a bit dusty right now!

Lis, enjoy your time away, hope you're having a lovely time with your dad :).
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Asil » Aug 29th, '11, 3:20 pm

Busy bee here.. :)
Hope everybody is doing good, am thinking of you on the eastern coast of the US - hopefully things aren't as bad as we dreaded..?
Have been working on my art journal tonight, great fun! Fingers look insane, haha, but four pages in I almost feel like a new person!
Wish you all a great week, I'm off to London this weekend - wohooo! ;D
Asil
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nat Kalbach » Aug 30th, '11, 2:53 am

I hope you have a great time Lisa!
Marie - I missed the reveal night too :( hope your little one gets better soon!
Anne let us know how the dancing went :)
Denise- hope you are all doing better stomach wise- and tell me about the rain- same here :(
Wow Gudrun you are playin violin in an orchestra- that is amazing!
Hahaha- Nicky- this looks like so much fun - I bet I would make a total fool out of myself though ;)
Asil- have fun in London!

I taught in Berlin this weekend and then had an emergency call about my grand auntie. She is 93 and she is really well for her age, but now it starts to get bad. She falls a lot but doesn't call the ambulance and stuff. She lives 4 hours away and the only other person nearby is my other grandauntie who is 85 - I tell you...not easy- LOL. Well she is better now- but I wish there was a way to get her to live with us - but we say in Germany "you can't replant an old tree". She doesn't want to move and she doesn't want to live in an elderly home. Taugh.

Other than that I'm busy preparing my Online Class that is coming up and preparing other workshops before the traveltime hits again.
Nat Kalbach
Design Team
Design Team

Postby mison » Aug 30th, '11, 4:47 am

Such a busy bunch of ladies...

I have the day of work today, and was planning to work with my company, but now Alice is at home with me instead... Well, she is back to normal, no fever and good apetite again, so she could have gone to the daycare today, but they wouldn´t let her come until tomorrow. Stupid I think, she is well, and fit for going. And there should be no worries of spreading the cold, I mean, that´s already done, all the kids there have colds going on.

Well, she has been seeted beside me at the scraptable the whole morning. How stickles can be so fashination? And she wasn´t even allowed to open the bottles and play with it ;D

How nice with a London trip Asil. I REALLY want to go there, but we can´t afford it. I´m going to Stockholm this weekend with my friend Annika. There is the annual running contest that is only for women. It´s a fun thing to take part of - I´ve been there for 5 or 6 years I think.

The kiddos and I plan to bake some bread this after noon. We made the first part of the dove last night, and now it rested on the bench overnight. It´s been so long since I baked any bread now, so I don´t know how it will end up :-\ Might come a disaster report tomorrow...
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Aug 30th, '11, 9:07 am

Marie hope your day off goes well. At least Alice is happy to sit next to you. My boys would have never done that! :)

Asil have fun in London. I am so wishing for a girls weekend. I have a friend Aimee that I have known on line and we keep trying to plan something but she lives 8 hours away and there are several mountain passes between us. What are your plans in London?

Your holiday at the coast sounds wonderful Nicky. I love relaxed weekends like that. I miss the ocean so much!

Nat I am so sorry about your grandmother. My grandmother was the same way, very independent. She lived to be 92 and finally lived with us the last 6 months. Your class sounds interesting. I feel terrible for not visiting everyone's blogs more. I have been so busy doing non computer things that this board is really the only one I spend any time on! Fall is coming though and I will have more time.

Gudrun I am glad your first day went well. I am sure it will be quite a juggling act with a job and your big family but you will work the kinks out. It's amazing to me how much more organized I am now that I work outside the home. I feel like I get so much more done now than when I was a SAHM. weird.

Have fun today Lisa!! So glad you are having a good time.

First day of school went well. I was up today at 5:30 to be able to get everything done before school/work. Dinner is sorted and in the crock pot, showered, coffeed :) and ready to start my day. The thing that is hard for me is getting to bed at a decent time. I do like to stay up later.
have a good day ladies.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Aug 30th, '11, 9:09 am

Anna, I forgot to say yeah for Alva on the dance lessons. Isn't it amazing what a difference a year makes.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 30th, '11, 10:33 am

Just a quick hello. This is another very busy day! I'm really hoping for tomorrow to be calm...! :)

I will try to read back and write more later...!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Aug 31st, '11, 3:47 am

Are you sleepy today ladies ;D

As it happened mr Moje stopped by - been creating the whole morning!Made two layouts using Siren´s Call - and I´m acutally really pleased with them (not a common thing these days :( ). You can check them out in my gallery.

Hope everyone has a good day today. It´s a bit cloudy today, but that suits me find. I´m supposed to pack kits...

I forgot to ask you Denise - where does your mother live?
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 31st, '11, 7:12 am

Hi Marie....! How lovely with your scrappy morning! I just got home after collecting Alva and Linus. Today was supposed to be a calm day, but I'm feeling way too much stress. I think it's just that I'm trying to do way too many things simultainously.

I'm spending quite a lot of time being angry with our local politicians. I wrote an e-mail today that I'm quite happy with and I really hope I'll get an answer. My questions are clear and relevant and I wonder how they'll try to avoid them... :)

I've been scrapping a little too, but I can't show you just yet. :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Aug 31st, '11, 9:06 am

So glad you got some creative time in Marie. I am in desperate need but feeling a little overwhelmed with the start of school. I was up yesterday at 6am and seriously did not stop moving and doing until 8ish last night. It's madness. It will calm down here in a couple of days.

Anna, I am so sorry you are feeling stressed about everything with Linus school. Hopefully your email will get a response. good luck.

rain again this morning but I think it will clear up. off to work ladies. have a good day.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Aug 31st, '11, 6:36 pm

Morning everyone ;)
'tis the first day of spring here and I am so thankful!
Today is going to be a good day. Sitting here having my 2nd coffee waiting for my best friend to arrive with her little man. Today we are also celebrating (of sorts) 15 years since Dave and I started going out. Sappy but true :) Did I mention I love spring??? I do :)

Been thinking of you going-back-to-school people and glad things have start out ok. Also been thinking of you busy-busy-busy people and hoping the 'stop' moments are used wisely :)
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sharmaine » Aug 31st, '11, 10:39 pm

Back to reality now lol
Nothing done at all today
have to put the dishes in/out of the dishwasher as it's time to go pick up Jessica from school for her Drs appointment. Will find out the blood test results today.
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby AnnaB » Sep 1st, '11, 2:23 am

Sharmaine - I'm thinking of you hoping that the results of the tests were good...!!!

I'm busy writing even more e-mails to the politicians... ;D The person who is working to get this stupid re-organization done answered me and he is writing so many stupid things that I just have to write him back again. He has replied twice and his last reply came late yesterday evening. I could hardly sleep, because I'm only thinking about what to write back to him. ::)

I've sent copies of my e-mails (and his too, of course) to a bunch of other politicians and to our local newspaper too. We also have a Facebook group where I've posted what I've written and others have done the same. Gaaah, it really does drain you, thinking so much about something like this.

Denise - I really hope things do calm down...!!!! *hugs*
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to Scrap Talk