Come Chat! - This week's Chat Thread (8/23-8/29)

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Re: Come Chat! - This week's Chat Thread (8/23-8/29)

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 25th, '10, 10:51 am

Thanks Laura.
Sorry to hear Kate's not sleeping well :(
That's a horrid feeling.

I'm sat here at my desk and I've just seen my FIL drive past the top of the road.
This really bothers me. I feel like I'm being checked up upon. Why does he do that? It's not the first time I've seen him drive past. We live on a dead end, being the last house of 2 and the road that passes by us is a quiet little road with other houses, he has no reason for driving past, it's not a way home or to anywhere else for him and he know's that Ade's at work.
With his big shiny red Audi and personalised plates, lights dazzling at 4.450pm you can hardly miss him >:(
Why??????
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Ru2200 » Aug 25th, '10, 10:56 am

Err.. Lisa.. why is he checking up on you? Does he think you have magic powers to make the house disappear???

How very strange.. is he stalking you? Does he need to talk - maybe you can stand outside and invite him in for a coffee..? :) Or Tea?
Ru2200
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 25th, '10, 11:10 am

missusem wrote:How very strange.. is he stalking you? Does he need to talk - maybe you can stand outside and invite him in for a coffee..? :) Or Tea?

Or maybe not :)

He's one of these people that makes you feel very uncomfortable with greetings and goodbyes. Most people go for the cheek right? Firstly I try to avoid eye contact and get away with all this in the first place, but if I'm not fortunate enough if I'm not careful he zooms far too close to the mouth area for my liking. He gives me the creeps.

What's for tea girls?

Ade's coming home just after 6pm tonight :) We are making cheese pudding together, a fave of ours and watching a movie together.

How's your week going Sue?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Ru2200 » Aug 25th, '10, 11:21 am

Making Chinese noodles with shrimp and eggs tonight. :)

With the bad news I've received, I probably need some comfort food.

Having said that, I probably finished 6 pages for my pregnancy album this past few days. So maybe it balances out?? Don't know.
Ru2200
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 25th, '10, 12:34 pm

Your dinner sounds yum Sue.
Enjoy x
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Ru2200 » Aug 25th, '10, 1:15 pm

Cheese pudding? What's that like?
Ru2200
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 25th, '10, 1:27 pm

Oh Sue, how are you feeling? It doesn't have to be bad at all, right? And extra monitoring can only be good. I was curious too, to hear if you'll get an extra scan? I hope the food was yummy!

We had pasta with quorn, asparagus, peas, feta cheese, pine kernels and dill. Simple and yummy! :)

Lisa, that is strange with your FIL... :o Have you told Ade that you've seen him before?

Laura - I'm sorry you don't get to sleep...! I hope it'll be better soon...!

We stopped being angry after a while... but it sort of destroyed my day because I never fully recoverd. It seems like we're staying at home tomorrow too, meaning we're getting a second chance. I'm planning to try so hard, not to loose my temper.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Aug 25th, '10, 3:39 pm

Oh Anna, poor you, I can sympathise. I have placid children, but they still manage to push my buttons every so often! ::) Max did it yesterday, I felt that 'red mist' coming down and the anger rising, and I luckily had the will-power to just walk out on him, otherwise I'd have shouted something horrible. I went up to my room (slamming the door very loudly), and lay on the bed for 10 mins, waiting for the anger to go away. It kind of worked, and Sam came up and said exactly the right thing at the right time (as he so often does - that boy sure is in tune with his mum :)), and the bad moment was over.

Anyway, here's hoping for a much better day for you tomorrow, sending lots of patience vibes your way! Sorry poor Linus isn't well, summer colds are no fun :(.

Sue, sorry you're having big-baby worries, it must be reassuring to be having more regular check-ups. You said about an earlier baby, does that mean you might be induced early, or that baby might turn up earlier naturally? Hope you've not been too uncomfortable today? x

Laura, poor you with the disturbed nights, let's hope it's a very short phase :)

Well done on the decorating Lis, looking good! Doesn't Hollie look gorgeous, and so grown up? :)

We had a rather yummy curry tonight, it's years since I made a curry from scratch. Now that the boys are eating (mild) curries, I decided it was high time I had a go again, and made a chicken korma, very straightforward and very delicious. Loaded with butter and cream, just as well I don't do it too often!

Oh, and I scrapped today, yay! Sam and I sat and watched Harry Potter 3 while Max was at a playdate, and I scrapped on the living room floor. I've hardly done any in the school holidays, felt good to get something underway :).
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Aug 26th, '10, 1:28 pm

Quiet here today, hope everyone's ok?

I can't believe how much it's rained here today, it's quite depressing. I actually wished I could switch the heating this afternoon. In August!! ::) We've had quite a nice day in though, my friend and her son came for lunch and stayed most of the afternoon, the boys all spent a lot of time on Wii Sports so at least they were up and about and active.

I've just finished off the LO I started yesterday, and I'm full of ideas for a couple more, so I'm really hoping I don't feel as tired tonight as the last few nights, otherwise no scrapping will be achieved!
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 26th, '10, 1:40 pm

Hi Nicky...!
I've been at home with the kids again today and we had a much better day. Of course I had to repeat these words a few times... or quite a lot of times... "no fighting today, remember?" but even if Alva got angry with me a few times I was better prepared today and managed to stay pretty calm. :)

Then we had a huge fight at bedtime, but that's another story... ::) ;D

We were thinking it was time for school and daycare tomorrow, but then L complained about some ear pain this evening. We'll have to see what happens... but I'm going to work and J is staying at home, if necessary.

Both J and I seem to have caught the cold too. My throat is hurting a little and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be too bad.

I've been doing a little sewing today. It might actually be the first Christmas gift for the year, that is under construction. But I'll have to see how it turns out, before I'm sure. :D

I hope you'll have lot's of energy to scrap tonight Nicky...! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Ru2200 » Aug 26th, '10, 2:04 pm

Hello ladies..

I've not been too uncomfortable today, but still worried as to how this baby is progressing.

Nicky, to answer your question, they might c-section me early to get the baby safely out for me and him/her. This depends on how we go next Tuesday but it probably will not be 'out' until week 37-8. Im only at week 34. I'm hoping the baby gets to stay in there for as long as possible. I'm not up for him/her coming early anyway. I'll bear with the pain. I'm not afraid of pain. I'm afraid of unplanned deliveries though.. :(.

So stay baked and INSIDE for awhile baby mine.!!

Anna, hope your whole family feels better..! And sorry to hear of more crazy times. I think sometimes those come in phases because Lara pushes boundaries and we fight for a few weeks and then it dies down and then comes back after a month or so.. Hope you guys find a happy medium and a happy place for you! :)

You've been productive with your sewing! WEll done!!
Ru2200
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Aug 26th, '10, 2:27 pm

Ah, I did know you were having a c-section, totally forgot! Baking is good, we'll all think happy baking thoughts ;D.

:( at the sore throat Anna, really hope it comes to nothing x
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 27th, '10, 1:33 am

Good morning,
I woke up feeling pretty awful. Mostly the throat. :( But I am at work and I'm feeling slitghtly better now. J decided to stay at home with the kids one more day. It's so difficult to know what is the right thing to do, but I'd hate to send them to school/daycare if they're still ill. Linus had a pretty bad cough this morning, but then again... it's always worst in the mornings. ::) Perhaps he could have survived one day at school, but I guess it's not too bad for him to get some more rest either.

He is supposed to play his first soccer game ever tomorrow and I think he'll be really sad if he's not well enough to go. (And I'm wondering how we know if he's well enough... ::) ) I guess they don't exhaust themselves that much at this age, not being all that used to playing soccer... so perhaps it's not a problem even if the cold isn't completely gone. The coughing might go on for weeks.

Sue...! I don't know if it is any comfort at all, but Alva was born on 35+5 (planned C-section) and she was all fine. :) Since you have gone this far, the lungs will soon be (or are already) fully developed and the last weeks the baby is only putting weight on and nothing 'important' is happening. But of course I understand that you want the baby to stay a while longer...! Of course they are more 'ready' to come out, closer to 40 weeks.

But there was a huge difference between Alva, weight 2500 g and born in 35+5 and Linus, weight 1648 g and born in 33+6. His weight was lower because of the pre-eclampsia though, so it's not only the 2 weeks that differs.

Oh well, I believe I need more coffee and then I'd better get some work done! Have a great day everyone....! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Ru2200 » Aug 27th, '10, 2:03 am

Hey Anna!! I'm glad to hear about Alva's birth weight. I think I will be happier once I have my scan on Tuesday once I know (and see) the baby's weight and height which will be comforting - I can feel it is 'big' but I don't want it to be because of health reasons.. :(

Today is my birthday and I was really surprised by my daughter's BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL card. I will post it later after I've come back from my school run :)
Ru2200
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby NickyNoo » Aug 27th, '10, 2:17 am

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sue!!!!! Hope you have a lovely day :) :) :)
Nicky xx
My Blog

Image Image
NickyNoo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 27th, '10, 2:27 am

Happy Birthday Sue ((hugs hugs))
How are you today? When is Chris home?
What have you planned today?

I hope you are feeling ok condsidering everything right now.
You are right, come Tuesday, after the scan everything should be much clearer, hopefully.
Isn't it amazing how the most natural thing in the world, that in theory should be so straight forward is very rarely anything but.
I think there are very few people that you speak to that haven't had a problem one way or another.

Anna, you have a pretty scary pregnancy history like me. I've just converted your babies weights as I can only think in grams when I'm at the deli counter, so in tiny amounts.
Alva - 3.6lb and Linus 5.5lb.
Pretty good weights considering how early they were actually.

I had a lovely day yesterday. My old school friend came to visit. We only see each other once a year. We've been friends since we were 4. When we get together she's like one of the friends you see all the time. Just so comfortable. I love being with her.
Her kids are younger than ours, but Hollie was in her element entertaining. She's really enjoying smaller kids recently. I think it's since my sister had Millie almost 2yrs ago. Before that she looked at babies and little kids like they were aliens or something. Never played with dolls, just not fussed.

More visitors for us today....a potential new scrapbooky friend :) :) :) :)
I shall work on her >:D
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Aug 27th, '10, 4:27 am

Happy birthday Sue...!!!!

I hope you'll have a wonderful day and that you're able to relax and feel ok, even if things are they way they are...! *hugs*

Lisa, Alva was pretty 'normal' (but on the small side of normal) considering when she was born but Linus was a little under what's normal (should be around 4.8 lbs and was 3.6). But the people working at Neo still referred to him as "big" compared to what they were used to, and that felt sort of good. :D

Time for lunch! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Ru2200 » Aug 27th, '10, 9:02 am

This is my card from Lara. I got it this morning and almost cried. It's so lovely. And just perfect. She made it all herself. I know she's had a fair bit of training since, well, she's a scrapper's daughter after all :). A mini Daisy. :) so I shouldn't be surprised. But I am.

Am I getting emotional? yeah. it's the hormones :).

Thank you again for the birthday wishes. Have been taking it easy. And CHRIS is home from Norway. So we're all going out for dinner tonight. Can't wait.
Ru2200
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 27th, '10, 9:14 am

Oh wow Sue, that's amazing ;D No wonder you are so happy.
Glad Chris is home. Enjoy your special family time xxx
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Aug 27th, '10, 5:03 pm

Happy Birthday Sue! I hope you have a wonderful dinner with your family. I am keeping my fingers crossed you get good news about the baby. I understand you feeling worried. Hopefully like Anna mentioned about her pregnancy, everything will be fine and both of you healthy!

Today is my first day off after 34 hours in three days so I am a bit wonky. I needed extra coffee this morning but managed to watch my 4 month old grandaughter, make breakfast for my boys and their friends and get my projects done.

I am off to upload my gallery and start dinner. Have a great night ladies!

Denise
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

PreviousNext

Return to Scrap Talk