Brand preference for small to medium size albums

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Brand preference for small to medium size albums

Postby Shannon » Jan 27th, '16, 7:56 am

Hey ladies, I am inviting your input: Traditionally, I am a 12x12 LO and DITL album person. I'm feeling the urge to change it up a bit and use smaller albums to document chunks of time and/or events.

Question: What albums other than 12x12 have you used and liked? Where did you get them? Is it easy to find photo protectors for the album size?
Thanks much for your input :)
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: Brand preference for small to medium size albums

Postby SuzannaL » Jan 27th, '16, 1:15 pm

My fav albums for all sizes is WRMKers. I also really love Simple Stories' SN@P binders which I can find at Michael's along with the page protectors. It's important to me that the rings don't warp and my protectors don't get caught in them. Both brands stand well to wear and tear.
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby gem66 » Jan 27th, '16, 3:09 pm

I do 12X12 as well Shannon, but I will second what Suzanna said...the WRMK are awesome albums and so are the Snap! Let us know what you find!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Jan 27th, '16, 4:46 pm

I'm a Sn@p 6x8 binder lover too. I have made 6 mini albums with them for different events or trips we've taken. I'm actually considering doing this year's DITL album in one. Still on the fence about it tho.
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby TerryB » Jan 27th, '16, 4:55 pm

The Simple Stories 6x8 Snap binders in the faux leather are beautiful. Love them! My only issue with them is they only have 2 rings, so if you want to add anything outside the page protector in can be tricky. Definitely not a deal breaker though.

The OA 6x8 binders have 4 rings, which is nice, but the album itself doesn't hold very many pages. Especially if you add anything lumpy.

The Studio Calico Color Theory 6x8 albums hold a ton of pages, BUT, they have 6 rings and they aren't always the easiest to turn the pages.

I like them all for different reasons, but if I had to choose just one, I'd get the Simple Stories.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kiggies5 » Jan 27th, '16, 5:19 pm

I love the WRMK albums. I traditionally use 12X12, but will add a smaller page (8.5x11 or 6x12) if I only have one or two photos.

Katherine
kiggies5
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 27th, '16, 7:54 pm

I prefer WRMK albums as well but it really doesn't matter as long as they are 3 ring. I have transitioned over to 12x9 for a lot of my scrapping. Both single page and pocket page spreads. I love the size! Studio Calico is the one that makes those.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Jan 28th, '16, 7:57 am

Many thanks for all the input! I have many WRMK 12x12 albums and I love them. My kids, grandkids, family and friends flip through them lots and they have stood up to the wear and tear. I also have many Project Life (Becky Higgins) 12x12 albums and they are looked at frequently too but sadly the covers have come away from 3 of them and the rings have gone all wonky.

With our Canadian $$$ in the tank (for every USD we add approx 35% so an item worth 1$ USD we pay approx 1.35) Thus other than CD kits I try to buy stuff in Canada. And Yes Michael's does carry Simple Stories and they rec'd a good review here so guess what I'll be trying out!!!

Diversion: with our low dollar and the real estate market in Alberta plummeting Americans are flocking to Alberta to buy real estate especially in the mountain towns like Canmore. Too, they are buying other big ticket items like appliances etc... Wanna go shopping?? He!He!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to Scrap Talk