December 27-? Super Scrap Week

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

December 27-? Super Scrap Week

Postby gem66 » Dec 27th, '15, 3:30 pm

Ok, where I live in Central Canada, it is super cold. All our Christmas festivities are over and I have a lot of pictures to scrap. So this is going to be Super Scrap Week for me. Is anyone else in the same situation?
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: December 27-? Super Scrap Week

Postby TerryB » Dec 27th, '15, 6:32 pm

I would love for it to be super scrap week! I want to catch up on my December Daily.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 27th, '15, 8:06 pm

I think that is a great idea! I won't be joining as I have to work a ton this week to make up for the days I took off last week. :(

I have so much I want to work on as far as pocket pages and layouts for my grand daughters. Maybe next weekend when there is nothing else going on.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 27th, '15, 8:36 pm

I have scrap and snow envy here in 70 degree Virginia!! I have to work 3 days this week so the scrap fest will have to wait until this weekend. I want to hammer out my December Daily but have to finish (who's kidding, start!) my CHA work first... Hopefully not another year of DD being pushed aside!

Enjoy scrapping ladies! Don't forget the Jan kit reveal tomorrow!! I can't wait, it will be my first! My name is Suzanna and I'm a Cocoa Daisy kit reveal virgin! LOL!!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby deblew » Dec 27th, '15, 8:41 pm

Welcome Susanna! Reveal is lots of fun!
I'd love to get caught up on my DD as well, plus the mini I'm working on for DS & his GF about their year end trip they're currently on. Hopefully I won't get called into work.
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby jbonomo » Dec 27th, '15, 10:52 pm

Welcome, Suzanna! Have fun at Reveal.
No scrapping for me this week as took most of last week off with Matt in town; he left today ;-( This will be a long work week especially since tomorrow night is the Grateful Dead concert too. Sigh..... Good news/bad news.
Have fun ladies and look forward to seeing what you create in the gallery.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 28th, '15, 11:19 am

Welcome SuzannaL! Yes it is a white Christmas here in this part of Canada.

I am also working on my December Daily ladies. Today I would like to get the 24th done!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Dec 28th, '15, 12:52 pm

gem66 wrote:Welcome SuzannaL! Yes it is a white Christmas here in this part of Canada.

I am also working on my December Daily ladies. Today I would like to get the 24th done!

Are you putting 31 days in your DD Gilly? My book is already quite full, and I'm on day 20. I'm thinking I will stop on day 25, and then add a collage of photos from days 26-31 to the back. Of course, I've also been known to change my mind, so we'll have to wait and see! :D
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Marti » Dec 28th, '15, 3:25 pm

Welcome, Suzanna! Where in Virginia? I am from Richmond area originally.

I am working on a super scrap week. Having 2 weeks off helps b/c I can stay up a later. :) Working on my 2015 album- it is mostly project life format, but a lot of regular pages mixed in. I am loving having it mixed up this year. Working on some August pages and November pages with my Jan 2015 Cocoa Daisy kit. Love how versatile these kits are! After those, I want to go ahead and get Christmas in the books while it is nice and fresh in my mind.
MARTI :)
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 28th, '15, 5:19 pm

Terry wrote:
Are you putting 31 days in your DD Gilly? My book is already quite full, and I'm on day 20. I'm thinking I will stop on day 25, and then add a collage of photos from days 26-31 to the back. Of course, I've also been known to change my mind, so we'll have to wait and see! :D

I think I will go til the 25th on my DD Terry, and then put the remainder of December in my Family 2015 album. Sounds kind of confusing, but I think I can make it work. We have a few things going on right now and I would like to wrap up the year with a little something! The collage ideas sounds good too!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 28th, '15, 6:53 pm

How is everyone doing with their scrappy day? Getting things done?

I got December 24th done. Taking a supper break...then might get back at it before the reveal!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby doris sander » Dec 28th, '15, 7:44 pm

Super Scrap Week! I love it! I dropped my boy off at Boy Scout Winter camp yesterday at lunch time and have been home alone ever since (I'm a public school teacher so won't go back to work till after the New Year). I'm slowly working my way through a list of papercrafting tasks, a list of house tidying tasks, a list of computery tasks, and just finished a novel that's been on my bedside table for a couple months. Life is grand!

I actually finished my 2014 December Daily just before Christmas. Here's a little video flip through if you'd like to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry_CYpLxhkw

This year I'm doing my December Daily in a Midori insert and I'm actually almost caught up. You can see a bit of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYRkqIAGz4

Yay, Suzanna! Glad you're here with us! :)
Doris

blog: dorissander.blogspot.com

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Dec 28th, '15, 7:52 pm

I haven't been around much. Life has been insanely busy. My son is here from San Diego until Friday. Maybe some scrapping will happen again after that
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzannaL » Dec 28th, '15, 8:14 pm

Marti wrote:Welcome, Suzanna! Where in Virginia? I am from Richmond area originally.

I am working on a super scrap week. Having 2 weeks off helps b/c I can stay up a later. :) Working on my 2015 album- it is mostly project life format, but a lot of regular pages mixed in. I am loving having it mixed up this year. Working on some August pages and November pages with my Jan 2015 Cocoa Daisy kit. Love how versatile these kits are! After those, I want to go ahead and get Christmas in the books while it is nice and fresh in my mind.

Hi Marti! I'm in Glen Allen, VA, a Richmond suburb, I'm sure you know. Been here 8 years now. Good place to raise a family.

I love mixing up the pages too - that's the beauty of scrapping; it's yours and you can do what you want! I agree with you the versatility of the kits!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby deblew » Dec 28th, '15, 8:18 pm

I've made 2 regular layouts from the CD Dec. Kit. And I've printed all my DD photos to date, and have the pages done through the 22nd. Very happy with my progress as I don't know yet if I have to work Tue or Wed. Hoping not so I can keep going! ;D
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby Marti » Dec 29th, '15, 11:07 am

SuzannaL wrote:
Marti wrote:Welcome, Suzanna! Where in Virginia? I am from Richmond area originally.

Hi Marti! I'm in Glen Allen, VA, a Richmond suburb, I'm sure you know. Been here 8 years now. Good place to raise a family.

I love mixing up the pages too - that's the beauty of scrapping; it's yours and you can do what you want! I agree with you the versatility of the kits!

Yes- know it well. It is a lovely place to be! I grew up in Midlothian. We have been in Florida for almost 20 years. We still have family in the Midlo/Richmond area and visit at least once a year.
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Marti » Dec 29th, '15, 11:08 am

gem66 wrote:How is everyone doing with their scrappy day? Getting things done?

I got December 24th done. Taking a supper break...then might get back at it before the reveal!

Yay for getting things done! I am moving right along here. Almost finished up that Jan 2015 kit and getting ready to get Christmas of this year in the books. :)
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 29th, '15, 11:23 am

Morning girls! I powered out last night!

Suzanna, good luck with your CHA stuff. It is a flurry of activity I am sure to get all prepped.

Deb, good for you getting things done!

Marti, what part of Florida are you in? My best friend lives in Miami. We have been down to Florida quite a few times now to visit. She has been in Florida for most of our adult life.

Well girls, I am going to tackle the 25th in my DD today.
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 29th, '15, 9:42 pm

My December Daily is done. So happy with it. I decided to end it on the 26th. Will share more on my blog in the next few days.

How is everyone else doing?
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Dec 30th, '15, 8:35 am

wowser! so impressed with what you got done Gilly, Marti, Deb and Doris!! These cold, snowy winter days (at least here in Canada) are made for scrappin' don't you think?

I decided against a december daily this year -- too much pressure for me and takes the joy out of it. Instead this year I stumbled across a FB group on paperissues who were doing a 'remember december' album. The concept seemed to fit me better. Since I was also taking Paige Evan's self-directed coptic binding book class, I combined both.

Here is my album 8x8 with wood covers and mostly water colour papers along with some pretty winter papers. Once I get the last pics in I'll share the inside. Since it was an odd size I used my fuse tool to make my own page protectors -- phew, won't do that again!!
Attachments
2015-12-09 12.55.43.jpg
Remember December album
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to Scrap Talk