New shipping policy

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

New shipping policy

Postby Shannon » Dec 11th, '15, 6:15 pm

I am so proud of how CD is growing! I read Christine's note about 'success'; congrats on building your business each and every day.
With the new shipping policy, for me, I am trying to figure out if I will even get my kit before the reveal for the next month. It generally takes 2 wks for my kit to arrive in Alberta.
My question is this: will the reveal continue on the same schedule around the 28th of each month? If so, I am going to have to rearrange how I think about monthly kits when it comes to CD kits.
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: New shipping policy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 11th, '15, 11:06 pm

Shannon, that is interesting. I don't know if I received this email. I am sure Christine will want to make sure that the shipping schedule makes sense to both US and international. I would email customer service to have any of your concerns addressed. I want you to stay here at Cocoa Daisy and I am sure Christine does to!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Dec 12th, '15, 7:08 am

Shannon - while I live rather close to Christine, I can recognize your feelings. Many times I am just receiving this month's kit and the sneak peaks for the next kit are already showing up. It takes some of the excitement out of the receipt of the kit because the focus is onto the next one already.

Saying that, I was stunned to see to see the photo of Christine's garage on Instagram on the packages ready for shipping. And she answered that that was only one shipment day. I now understand why she doesn't get any time to chat with us much any more. HOLY MOLY. If you follow Christine on Instagram, go look at her feed. So I understand her need to add a bit more leeway to her shipping dates.

So I too have mixed emotions about it.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Dec 12th, '15, 11:12 am

And my kit had a ship notice yesterday and I have it today! The postal service puzzles me!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Dec 12th, '15, 12:33 pm

Wow! Laura that is super fast!! Happy for you - early Christmas present.

The added time shipping internationally is the whole customs step. A real pain!

Thanks Denise, I'm not thinking about pulling the plug on CD till I see how the change plays out for me. I did email CD just asking for clarification. I fully recognize that small businesses have to make hard choices to keep going and at the same time meet customer needs -- not always easy to do both!!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Dec 12th, '15, 6:28 pm

I got my shipping notice on Thurs., and my kit arrived today! I was pleasantly surprised... I figured it'd take longer with the holiday mail. Playtime!!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby TerryB » Dec 12th, '15, 6:52 pm

I used to get my kits around the 9th of the month, but then I started getting them around the 14th. I agree Shannon...it was odd getting them so close to sneaks. Maybe the answer is to push sneaks back later in the month? I don't know....I'm not sure I'd like that either! Happy for Christine though. I also saw the pick on Instagram and was impressed by how many boxes were shipping.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kissy » Dec 14th, '15, 2:22 pm

I just wanted to hop on and clarify a few things, we normally starting shipping out the planner kits on the 3rd however, with the washi tape chaos this month we were not able to start shipping them out until Monday (the washi tape showed up on Friday and we spent the weekend packaging the planner kits). We normally start shipping the Main kit and DITL kits around the 6th and 7th, but because we were shipping the planner kits on the 6th it pushed everything off. I am happy to say that even with all of the delays we still had 90% of our kits out by the 11th which is only one day later than our normal deadline of the 10th. The new shipping policy is in place to give us a little wiggle room for expectations, i.e. like this last month. BUT with that being said my goal will always be to get the kits out as close to the billing dates as possible, the Planners a few days after the billing date of the 1st and the Main and DITL kits a few days after the billing date of the 5th. And we always ship the International customers orders first.

There really is no perfect time for everyone for sneaks, so we will be sticking with the middle of the month :)

Thank you all for the well wishes as we work to keep things going as quickly and smoothly as possible!
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Dec 14th, '15, 2:33 pm

If you know Christine, she will do everything humanly possible to get your kits mailed DAYS before her deadline. I think the policy change is simply there for the once-in-a-blue-moon events.

Besides! What's a few more days when you are getting that box of Cocoa Daisy amazingness!?!!? :)
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to Scrap Talk