How do you store your DITL cards?

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

How do you store your DITL cards?

Postby LauraC » Nov 5th, '15, 6:43 am

Right now I have a combination of storage uses.

I originally started keeping them together along with the papers I wanted to cut apart (you know the ones with cut apart saying, etc. on them like Simple Stories) in an Iris Case like this Image

But that didn't make them visible and I kept having to pull it out from under my shelf, open and dig through

Then I found a sturdy box that I could stand them on end and then could sort through them quicker. I added in the smaller alphas I might want to use along with other stickers and tidbits I might use.

Then I discovered a cute little sorting tray on deep discount at Dollar General for the little tidbits - kind of like this Image

Right now I am keeping each kit together in it's cute little bag but the larger paper pieces are getting a little bent

I spotted a cute idea using a vintage soda crate and she inserted lifters in the bottom of each section to bring the cards up higher Image

but that would not solve the issue of keeping the kit stuff together

Here is an example I found on a Raskog cart Image but I don't see how to group the kits together

Just looking for some input and thoughts on this? How are you storing your kits?
Last edited by LauraC on Nov 5th, '15, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: How do you store your DITL cards?

Postby LauraC » Nov 5th, '15, 6:46 am

Buwwahhhaaa - Julie calls me the enabler - Here's a Raskog organization for your planner needs

LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Nov 5th, '15, 8:20 am

Good question Laura! I've gone through a few different systems but in the end all the DITL cards end up on my scrap table along with the paper, embellies etc when I scrap. The ones I don't use I store in cardboard boxes that were built for storing 3x4's and 4x6's that a friend gave me from a scrapbook warehouse that closed. I'll post pics later today. On the fly this morning!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 5th, '15, 9:46 am

Stop with the carts Laura!!!! :)

I grabbed some plastic containers from the dollar section at target that I use for both sizes. when I am done with a kit, I go through my leftover cards and separate them by keep/give away. The keepers I put in the container and the give away I put in a cocoa daisy box that I use to save supplies I am going to give to my neighbor girls or my grand daughters.

The containers are small and easy to grab for when I am making pocket pages.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Nov 5th, '15, 10:09 am

After I am done with my month's kit gallery, I add the leftover cards to some tin bins I bought from $1 section at Target. Occasionally, I go through them and filter out the ones I am most likely to use. I really enjoy mixing up old with new kits to fit my week's activities for DITL.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jjflair » Nov 5th, '15, 10:29 am

Great photos of inspiration, Laura! *sigh*---those Raskogs!!

I keep my stuff in an ugly version of that soda crate. It's just a random plastic box that is not as tall as a shoe box, but wide enough for the 6x6 papers to fit. I keep everything upright so it's easy to flip through, and made a couple dividers with old file folders and packing tape.
The 3x4 cards are in two rows at the front, the 4x6's behind those, the alphas and stickers next, and the 6x6 papers at the back. The other embellishments I tried keeping separate in the cloth bags they came in, but quickly end up in a larger plastic Iris container with no rhyme or reason.
Works for me, cuz I am not loyal to using one kit at a time.

I suppose you could make dividers to keep parts of kits together, like in between the 3x4 cards, and in between the 4x6 cards, etc.

I will say, if I get within smelling distance of an Ikea, I'll be getting a cart and keeping it all in there!!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Nov 5th, '15, 12:26 pm

20151105_091314.jpg
DITL Storage...

Here is my DITL storage...ugh. As you can see, I am an enabler as well :'( . The plastic bins are from Close To My Heart. :-*
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Nov 5th, '15, 1:08 pm

Nice, Gilly! Love that you store two levels of cards on a level.

Laura, I keep the cards in a Interdesign (Costco buy) container similar to the photo you posted on the Raskog cart but the cards and container are turned the other way; next to it, like Lisa, is another container with the embellies & alphas standing up so I can quickly flip through them. There are file folder tabs for each month. I have filled up one level (and then some) so it is time to purge. Still trying to figure out the best system.

Nice planner organization, Laura.....I have not even gone there yet. They are still in the muslin bags and divided by months as I primarily use the pages for layouts and lists to myself. BTW, it is so embarrassing to admit how much washi tape I have.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Nov 5th, '15, 2:07 pm

Gilly

I have drooled over those CTMH cases!

Keep em coming gals!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Nov 5th, '15, 3:00 pm

I keep my cards together with the kit for a month until the new kit arrives, then I take all the cards left and store them in this container that I found at Walmart. It sits on my desk and is right in reach when I want a look through.

For what it's worth, I have another clear plastic container that all my CD embellies go in, and then the paper gets stored together (by kit) in plastic sleeves. :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 5th, '15, 5:11 pm

Mine are in various baskets & tins, in my Raskog. They are sorted by color, and end up there after I've finished using as much as I'm going to of a kit. I go thru them periodically to purge them...otherwise they'd take over my cart! Lol
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby Shannon » Nov 5th, '15, 5:37 pm

So many great ideas for organization in this thread; I have organized and re-organized my space a few times but it seems I always come back to the cardboard boxes that sit on a metal shelf inside one of the 12x12 expedit cubes (shelving and metal shelf from Ikea).
The top right holds 4x6 cards; the top left holds mostly embellies; the bottom left holds 3x4 cards and the bottom right holds mostly tags and labels.
Like some of you I go through my cards every now and again and take out the ones I likely won't use and I do the same with the embellies and papers; I take it all to the Women's Centre, a facility for low income and homeless women. They love getting the boxes of goodies.
Attachments
2015-11-05 15.16.51.jpg
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Nov 6th, '15, 9:59 am

Oh Shannon, where did you get those cardboard boxes?
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Nov 6th, '15, 3:59 pm

Gilly, two scrapbook stores closed during the past 2 yrs. in Calgary and one in Lethbridge and another one in Red Deer, all the same company. Their warehouse was in Calgary and I happened to know lots of the women who worked there. The warehouse had literally 1000's of these boxes used to store alphas, journal cards, ephemera and so on and they were giving them away by the dozens. I have quite a few as does my hubby for things in this shop.
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Nov 6th, '15, 4:33 pm

Oh Shannon, was that Scrapbooker's Paradise/Scrapbook Eh? by any chance. Those look like very handy boxes.

I keep forgetting that you are in Alberta. BTW there is an awesome SB store in Moose Jaw...Scrapping With T. One of my best friends lives there...so I just hate it when I have to go visit her >:D LMAO!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Shannon » Nov 6th, '15, 5:41 pm

Gilly, Yes it was Scrapbooker's Paradise!! A real pity; they had such great products. And such a small world I do know about the Moose Jaw shop; in fact I was just there mid-Sept. and parted with a few $$$.Cute shop! I was born and raised about 135 miles south of Moose Jaw, only 4 miles north of the Montana border.
I have a handful of relatives in Moose Jaw!!
Shannon
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Cheekymagpie » Nov 7th, '15, 8:12 am

I've tried a couple of different things and finally settled on keeping my cards in an IKEA plastic Antonius tray on my desktop. I sort by color, because that's how I use them. I have cardboard dividers with a strip of colored paper for each one. I also have a separate section for themed cards. This system works really well for me.
Cheekymagpie
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby elinakou » Nov 9th, '15, 11:50 am

these are awesome ideas, i have no clue how to store mine yet :-)
elinakou
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Nov 10th, '15, 5:12 pm

mine start on my desk then hang in wire baskets on my peg board.
Mind you not many make it from my desk to the basket because I love to use them!!
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to Scrap Talk