What's on your WISH LIST lately when it comes to supplies?

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

What's on your WISH LIST lately when it comes to supplies?

Postby bonitarose » Nov 4th, '14, 6:01 am

I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering what everyone out there is wanting?? not necessarily needing but wanting.. ;) you know how it goes. Re crafty things, papercrafting supplies.

What's on YOUR LIST??

here's a few things on mine:

-- those hard to find page flags that ppl have found at the Target dollar spot.. still hvn't found any. Aaaargh. Great for planner pages.
-- Teresa Collins STUDIO GOLD anything! Love the metallic gold and white trend this season.
-- cute planner charms. I'm getting two new planners. Must find cute charms.
-- Ali Edwards' large size alpha stamp sets, in both lower case and upper case. One set of each please.
-- clear gesso. I'd like to try it.
-- a gelli plate. Never tried one but I'd love one for my art/art journals.
-- Printmaking Unleashed book by Traci Bautista
-- Teresa Collins Gold PL journaling cards set and IG album sets.
-- Heidi Swapp Gold PL set
-- more washi tape! Really? I have so much.. but there are so many cute ones out there.. is it ever really enough? ;)
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Re: What's on your WISH LIST lately when it comes to supplie

Postby SophiaA » Nov 4th, '14, 6:12 am

I so badly want to get me an A5 planner...maybe Santa will be extra kind!!!
Wife to Murray, and Mom to 2 Princesses Amy & Chloe ~~ Sophia's World
SophiaA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Nov 4th, '14, 6:32 am

An A5 planner for me too Sophia.

I want to see if anyone will be showing more of the Websters Pages (but they may not have the A5) or the Simple Stories planners. They both showed peeks of their new lines but I'm really mainly interested in the planners themselves. I love the rich pinks and blue and purple colors. Truly I'd love a nice Filofax in a pretty color but I cannot justify the expense of those

I love MME new Fancy line - gotta get that

I want more of the full size papers from Crate Paper The Open Road and more Fancy Pants True Friend

Waiting for my Big Shot Magnetic plate to come in from Joann's. I've waited since summer to buy that.

More of Tim Holtz inks. I'm slowly trying to get a full palate of his colors.

That's a bit of what I want. There's always new things I want.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » Nov 4th, '14, 8:29 am

Lots of good wants on your lists!

I am still on the fence about a planner. I know if I got into it I'd use it and love it!

I have wanted a cutting machine for so long, but can't seem to justify the expense either. If I spent $100 on one ( which would be a steal!) I'd still be spending a buck a cut or more even after 100 cuts! So it just hasn't made me buy just yet. But every single time I see a cute new cut file or page or project using one I tell myself "just buy one". My head spins with so many fun ideas!

At least the dreaming is free! :)
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Nov 4th, '14, 8:32 am

I'm with you Jody but I own a Cricut Expressions and 10 cartridges that I hardly use. I just cannot justify the expense of yet another machine. I felt badly about replacing my cuttlebug with a big shot and that was less than half of what the other replacements would be. There always seems to be a bigger better machine. Truthfully for me, it isn't about the machines

but I do drool over the free cuts that are offered here. Bummed about the alien and globe from previous kits and the bear from this month
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nicole N » Nov 4th, '14, 8:45 am

Great question !

Hmm, I love the new Crate Paper Notes and Things. Have some of the paper left from my CD kit - but would like more of the embellies with it.

I like the Gramercy Road collection out there
love all the gold MME stuff - can't get enough gold!

I am deciding if I NEED the new Silhouette.... or if I should just keep my current and well used one. I really don't see the need to switch, with the new PixScan mat (which I have yet to try)... but I am thinking I am good.

I'm with Jody - not sure if I need/want to venture into the planner thing. I don't see myself being committed to it. I only use a planner for scrapbooking assignments... if I needed one for everything, or PL planning, I would do it for sure!

I like the Simple Stories DIY Christmas line... although I really don't need more holiday papers!

I usually don't buy much as I get what I need from my CD kits and DT's.. I am a lucky girl :)
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby bonitarose » Nov 4th, '14, 10:10 am

Nicole you are lucky and blessed. I'm only on one one embellishment kit DT, Creative Retreat, so I don't usually get many papers etc. hoping that all changes sometime in the future.. I"m excited about the planners.. I ordered two and I know I will use them. I"m such a list person.

I"m looking for sharing more of my process when I receive the planners in the mail, they are on the way fr AUstralia! woohoooo!!!!!

Nicole N wrote:Great question !

Hmm, I love the new Crate Paper Notes and Things. Have some of the paper left from my CD kit - but would like more of the embellies with it.

I like the Gramercy Road collection out there
love all the gold MME stuff - can't get enough gold!

I am deciding if I NEED the new Silhouette.... or if I should just keep my current and well used one. I really don't see the need to switch, with the new PixScan mat (which I have yet to try)... but I am thinking I am good.

I'm with Jody - not sure if I need/want to venture into the planner thing. I don't see myself being committed to it. I only use a planner for scrapbooking assignments... if I needed one for everything, or PL planning, I would do it for sure!

I like the Simple Stories DIY Christmas line... although I really don't need more holiday papers!

I usually don't buy much as I get what I need from my CD kits and DT's.. I am a lucky girl :)
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby northcarmen » Nov 4th, '14, 11:40 am

I have not kept up at all on what is new.... If I was to get something from Santa, though, I would hope for it to be some 6x8 faux leather albums in fun colours -- not sure what's out there, but gold, red (a deep, rich red), hunter green, cobalt blue, and lemony yellow would be high on my list. :) Oh, and I would love to have some new pens -- the Pilot Frixion ones for my planner pages, and some that don't bleed on thin paper, for writing in my ESV Journaling Bible.

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby JanetS » Nov 4th, '14, 9:35 pm

What a great list! I love the gold trend, too. I always want to buy pretty scrapbook paper and LOTs of art supplies. I have a Gelli Plate and haven't used it yet. I like Traci Bautista's work. On my Wish List are online art classes and to buy better quality acrylic paint. :)
JanetS
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 4th, '14, 10:07 pm

I feel the same about a silhouette, I really really want one but I don't have the room for it and if it wasn't out, I wouldn't use it. Ideal for me would be a next door neighbor that I was really good friends with and I could make cuts whenever I wanted!!

Really what I would like is not more supplies but to go on a really interesting art retreat somewhere beautiful.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AshleyCalder » Nov 5th, '14, 9:07 am

That's a great list, bonitarose.. LOVE all of the GOLD you have on there.

Sherry C recently posted on FB some Christmas cards she made using gold embossing powder... her cards were beautiful and the gold looked amazing. More like gold foil, compared to the American Crafts ZING Gold EP I already have (which I seriously love and use all of the time).
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby bonitarose » Nov 5th, '14, 12:06 pm

Just watched your unpacking the kits video.. awesome.. thks for doing this for all of us... I'm currently subbing at SC, but man.. this kit makes me wanna switch like yesterday!

AshleyCalder wrote:That's a great list, bonitarose.. LOVE all of the GOLD you have on there.

Sherry C recently posted on FB some Christmas cards she made using gold embossing powder... her cards were beautiful and the gold looked amazing. More like gold foil, compared to the American Crafts ZING Gold EP I already have (which I seriously love and use all of the time).
bonitarose
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby AshleyCalder » Nov 5th, '14, 1:35 pm

bonitarose wrote:Just watched your unpacking the kits video.. awesome.. thks for doing this for all of us... I'm currently subbing at SC, but man.. this kit makes me wanna switch like yesterday!

AshleyCalder wrote:That's a great list, bonitarose.. LOVE all of the GOLD you have on there.

Thank you! I will say I've been getting CD kits for almost two years, and love every month. There's never a month I'm not totally excited!
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sherry C » Nov 5th, '14, 1:57 pm

AshleyCalder wrote:Sherry C recently posted on FB some Christmas cards she made using gold embossing powder... her cards were beautiful and the gold looked amazing. More like gold foil, compared to the American Crafts ZING Gold EP I already have (which I seriously love and use all of the time).

Thanks, Ashley! The embossing powder is Ranger Liquid Platinum. I love it because it's in between gold & silver.
Attachments
merrycard.jpg
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Nov 5th, '14, 2:00 pm

I have a few items on my wish list:
Ranger craft mat
Fiskars stamper
stamping mask paper
Stitched rectangle dies (Lawn Fawn or My Favorite Things)
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AshleyCalder » Nov 5th, '14, 4:22 pm

Sherry C wrote:
AshleyCalder wrote:Sherry C recently posted on FB some Christmas cards she made using gold embossing powder... her cards were beautiful and the gold looked amazing. More like gold foil, compared to the American Crafts ZING Gold EP I already have (which I seriously love and use all of the time).

Thanks, Ashley! The embossing powder is Ranger Liquid Platinum. I love it because it's in between gold & silver.

Thank you! It is a great champagne sort of colour. I love the finish. I'm adding this to my wish list. :)
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sharmaine » Nov 5th, '14, 6:41 pm

AshleyCalder wrote:
Sherry C wrote:

Thank you! It is a great champagne sort of colour. I love the finish. I'm adding this to my wish list. :)

Ohhhh!!!
I was going to say I haven't got a wish list but I think I need some of that :)
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Scrappin' Kathy » Nov 5th, '14, 7:32 pm

Unfortunately, I buy a lot and thus my wish list doesn't seem that long. I had been wanting a smaller gelli plate but just got that.

But I do have one really big wish -- a new 12 x 12 printer. I had one and it broke way too soon.

I also would like the Tim Holtz stamps of musical instruments; I see a Christmas page decorated with gold embossed musical instruments. I would also like many of the new dies, especially ones with stamps to match.

And I'd like to figure out how to get my new Cricut to work from my computer.
Scrappin' Kathy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Kelly in Canada » Nov 5th, '14, 8:14 pm

i didn't think i really had a wish list but i love that embossing powder sherry. wow, what a beautiful colour. the christmas kit is on my wish list too. you all are a big bunch of enablers!
Kelly in Canada
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AshleyCalder » Nov 5th, '14, 10:17 pm

Scrappin' Kathy wrote:Unfortunately, I buy a lot and thus my wish list doesn't seem that long. I had been wanting a smaller gelli plate but just got that.

But I do have one really big wish -- a new 12 x 12 printer. I had one and it broke way too soon.

I also would like the Tim Holtz stamps of musical instruments; I see a Christmas page decorated with gold embossed musical instruments. I would also like many of the new dies, especially ones with stamps to match.

And I'd like to figure out how to get my new Cricut to work from my computer.
There's nothing unfortunate about not having a long wish list! Lucky lady! :)
I LOVE your idea of gold embossed musical instruments for a Christmas page. Can totally picture that! Great thinking. :)
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Next

Return to Scrap Talk