Random scrapbooking thought....

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Random scrapbooking thought....

Postby TerryB » May 4th, '14, 12:12 pm

I was looking through some pages this morning, and I realized whenever I look back at my albums, that my favorite pages are the more simple ones. Which is a bit of a dilemma because I love the process of a more decorative page! I guess the answer is doing a mix of both, but it sure had me thinking this morning! :D
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: Random scrapbooking thought....

Postby DeniseM » May 4th, '14, 1:28 pm

Terry, I was just going through my 2 peas gallery from way back and some of my favorites are the ones with no paint, and lots of pretty paper. It got me thinking as well.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » May 4th, '14, 3:11 pm

I noticed that in all the things I pin and like on Pinterest and Instagram.

I like clean and white and I do love paint splatters too! But I rarely pull off the whole look I seem to love so much. Sometimes I get closer to it than others. Other times I just love all the goodies so much that I keep putting more and more on my pages! :D

I have definitely noticed my style change from time to time. I think that is a good thing!

I also loved the couple of times that I have pushed myself and 'swapped styles' with another design team member here at Cocoa Daisy. It gives you a chance to try something you don't normally do. I think sketches are sometimes good for this same type of thing. Or playing along with the challenges. It gives a framework and sometimes that is a good way to change things up!

Good topic though...thanks for making me think too!
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » May 5th, '14, 1:09 am

I've been wondering about mine too!!
I started out with more paint and less pattern paper, because that's all I had in my stash.
Now I have moved to a combination of both or just paper. I love paper!!!
I know I gravitate to clean/simple pages and they are usually my favourite ones.
Love seeing evolution ;)
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » May 5th, '14, 5:46 am

I've always been more of a clean simple girl. I love me a good sketch and paper.

Not to say that I don't drool over the layouts with lots of yummies on them. I just can't seem to get the knack of how to use them. And trust me, I own LOTS of stuff that I could use but don't.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » May 6th, '14, 9:06 am

I was having some parallel yet perpendicular thoughts this morning, not about scrapbooking but about living in this cookie cutter, home owner association rule bound suburb of mine. I appreciate the lack of junky cars up on blocks and oil stains on driveways, but after a weekend near the beach, my heart longs for whimsy and artistic expression in the neighborhood. Plus, the beach!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nicole N » May 6th, '14, 10:21 am

I long for the beach too Lisa!!!!

I still like paper. and shapes. That is much different than my earlier pages for sure.
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby gem66 » May 6th, '14, 10:34 am

Oh Lisa, that is a good random squirrel thought! Yes to the beach! LOL!

I guess my pages are a mix of both as well, although more are layered than not layer. But yes Terry some of the simple are so the "less is more" look! And they can be quite stunning!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » May 6th, '14, 1:11 pm

Count me in for da beach! Even my white self!

Love this topic. I do the same thing. Like Sharmaine, when I started scrapping I did not have a lot. So less paper and more mixed media. But I love paper.

I went to a crop this weekend and did three more LOs with CD kits. One has a lot of detail but other two are very simple. I honestly like it all: clean and simple, artsy, graphic, layers of paper or mixed media. But I do tend to pin more projects with more paper even though I do love the white backgrounds.

What happens with me is I switch up a lot. Since I love it all, I try to do it all. If I have had LOs heavy with paper, I feel the itch to play with gelatos and white cardstock; and vice versa.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » May 7th, '14, 5:18 pm

Hi Girls. Count me in for the beach. ;D
I'm back after a looong "sleep". I started little by little with my art journaling, but now the want to create something scrappy, something with photos and paper and bits and pieces just hit me really hard.... yippee! :D
I went trough some of my older stuff the other day, and I realized, just like some of you, I like my cleaner layouts, yet colorful with some layers and bits and pieces.... :P And I realized something else: not to sound "over the top", but I really love the stuff I created. I was so strict to my self at that time, never too satisfied with the stuff I created, always thinking it was not perfect or good enough ... so, looking at the old stuff really made me happy - thinking, yes, this is good .... I really want to do more of this.... got my creative juices flowing :) :D
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » May 7th, '14, 9:35 pm

Gudrun darling HELLO!! my goodness it is so awesome to see you here. I adore everything you make lady. Hope you will get back into it. How are you? Hopefully great. :-*
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » May 8th, '14, 1:49 am

I am always drawn to graphic lines and white space, but still appreciate, love, and wonder over all of my scrappy mixed media friends that can pull it all off! Sometimes I just pick one item/technique they have used and incorporate into a design that still feels true to me.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to Scrap Talk