Project Life Question - sort of...

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Project Life Question - sort of...

Postby Pegasuscove » Jun 8th, '13, 11:07 am

I am doing my own version of Project Life and am now stumped. Week 21 - 5/26 - 6/1 was a total wash out for me. Major jet lag. Didn't do anything and didn't take any pics. - except for a couple when we were on our way home from China (26th and 27th) but nothing remarkable or really usable.

Have you ever had a week that was a wash? How did you handle your PL page? Any suggestions on what I could do? I thought about just doing a page of...nothing. :D
Pegasuscove
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: Project Life Question - sort of...

Postby DeniseM » Jun 8th, '13, 11:13 am

Well Peggy, I would just skip that week. It's your Project Life. There really are no rules, or have to's are there?
It's interesting to me that PL is about life and yet we start stressing about living life, and how it gets in the way of completing the project.
Just start over next week and don't think about it. :)

I ended up realizing that weekly pages would be way too much so I do a page per month for each boy. That being said, they are teenagers and getting photos of them this summer when they are not arround much will be a challenge. I refuse to stress about it. So I may have to skip a month or two and then I will just start back up.

It's fun to do these pages, I don't want to feel like it's a chore. Just my two cents!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Pegasuscove » Jun 8th, '13, 11:36 am

oh, I'm not stressing. Just trying to think of a creative way to handle it. More of a creative challenge to myself. I like doing the weekly thing. I guess it's not for everyone. Thanks.
Pegasuscove
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jun 8th, '13, 11:46 am

I am sorry. I thought you were feeling like you had to do something instead of just skipping it.
have a nice weekend.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby pam » Jun 8th, '13, 11:47 am

You might just make a 12X12 page about what a wash it was and why, then cut it up to put in a page protector - and make that week a one pager.
pam
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby sug » Jun 8th, '13, 12:15 pm

I was thinking along the lines of Pam. Just do a little journaling about how jet lagged you were, what you could and couldn't do because of the travel, or reflect on coming back to your society vs what you saw in China.
Su
sug
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby julie e » Jun 8th, '13, 12:26 pm

When I did my PL and had a week where I didn't feel like doing anything, I did random stuff. One week was a selection of my favourite quotes. Or you could do other faves at the moment... movie, book, song, etc. And find random images online if you want photos but don't have any handy. :)

Good luck!
julie e
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby CarlaMayfield » Jun 8th, '13, 12:27 pm

I had a week like that. When it came time to do my PL for that week, I filled some of the pages with pictures of our cars, car keys, and odometers. It's interesting to have all that documented. People love to look at old cars. The one thing that I could have done better was to have us stand by our cars, instead of just taking pics of the cars.

I only have to fill one side every week though. I do a then and now set-up. Old stuff on the left, current stuff on the right. If I ever get to the point where I am consistently taking enough pics for a two page spread, I'll do them. But I'm not there now.
CarlaMayfield
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Funky Fairy » Jun 9th, '13, 4:19 am

Yep, I had one like this too.

Here's mine that I made using this months kit.

Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Pegasuscove » Jun 9th, '13, 3:30 pm

LOTS of great suggestions, ladies. Thanks. My brain is churning now. Hopefully, I'll come up with something. I hate to skip a week completely.:D
Pegasuscove
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby scrapally » Jun 15th, '13, 8:28 am

I will also combine weeks into a single spread

Or, I use a single page Page Pocket, like I did for the blog here:
Building strong children is easier than fixing broken men.
Marion Wright Edelman
scrapally
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Jun 15th, '13, 10:39 am

julie e wrote:When I did my PL and had a week where I didn't feel like doing anything, I did random stuff. One week was a selection of my favourite quotes. Or you could do other faves at the moment... movie, book, song, etc. And find random images online if you want photos but don't have any handy. :)

Good luck!

I like that idea Julie!
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby MandiePierce » Jun 15th, '13, 10:43 am

Pegasuscove wrote:I am doing my own version of Project Life and am now stumped. Week 21 - 5/26 - 6/1 was a total wash out for me. Major jet lag. Didn't do anything and didn't take any pics. - except for a couple when we were on our way home from China (26th and 27th) but nothing remarkable or really usable.

Have you ever had a week that was a wash? How did you handle your PL page? Any suggestions on what I could do? I thought about just doing a page of...nothing. :D

I like to use the small insert style page protectors. You can include a pic or two, journaling & a bit of pretty paper. :) I do that often when I just don't take enough photos.
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kristined » Jun 16th, '13, 6:54 pm

i don't worry about a few missed days... sometimes i have nothing exciting going on, so you can document maybe what you ate, or watched on tv... if you slept why not take a picture of your bed... and pillow or jammies.. something that says WOWIE i was a MESS !

if you miss it.. maybe on your next week add you were so tired from jet lag you didn't finish.
don't stress about it...
Kristine
Just Being Creative -- http://www.kristinedavidson.com
kristined
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Return to Scrap Talk