This Weeks Chat - 10/15- 10/21

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Re: This Weeks Chat - 10/15- 10/21

Postby DeniseM » Oct 19th, '12, 8:45 pm

Anna I am sorry you are still not feeling well. Hope you enjoy your time with your Dad.

Olivia, sounds like a great weekend. You will hopefully get lots of scrapping/BINGO done next weekend! ;)

I am spent. thought I could get some project work in tonight but got home later than I thought from the photo shoot. It was awesome though! I got so many great photos. not hard, I have a good camera but it's still nerve wracking.

should go and see what I can accomplish. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Oct 20th, '12, 5:45 am

Hi, all! It's been a really busy week and it's not over yet. Just dropping by to share a photo of what's going on with us this weekend...

Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Oct 20th, '12, 7:01 am

Anna - I hope you feel better by now. How was the birthday for your dad or did I miss your post on that?

It's been so hectic at the law job that I didn't have as much time to play around this week. Imagine that I needed to get some things done.

Marie Denise and Crystal, read your stories. Know your struggles. We still struggle a lot ourselves and I have always been a working mom and now just a working slug. Some days I absolutely love my law job and my funeral home reception job really gives me some in touch with reality and pieces the law job was lacking a lot of. That being said, I still wonder why at my age, I still worry about the utility bills, health care and putting food on the table. Hubby is a grocery manager but with the state of the economy in Michigan tied to the auto industry, he has had to take on a lot more hours on salary for no more money. the store he works with has struggled through all the downturn. So although neither of us work directly or indirectly for the auto industry, the old adage of "What goes for GM or Ford, goes for the entire State of Michigan" still rings pretty true here. Anyway, enough of that.

It needs to stop spitting and raining for a breather here. I know we are still very low on our water tables here in Michigan but a day off from rain would be good for the morale.

I need to get around and get some laundry done and a couple other chores. We are leaving for our night away from home this afternoon. Doggies need to go to doggy hotel (kennel) and I need to pack and remember blankies and pillows for the drive-in. I'm not sure what I will do at the hotel because I'm not much of a sit and do nothing kinda gal. Hmmm, wonder if I could take along a scrappy box - Nah. I think a book and some knitting. The big MSU v U of M game is today and MSU is going to get their butts kicked. The team isn't up to snuff this year that's for sure. I'm a GO GREEN kinda gal but reality doesn't make me totally blind. The drive-in movie is Frankenweenie and Paranormal 4? I hope to not stay for Paranormal 4 or in the alternative, be asleep for that one. Too spooky creepy for me. We just want to use our free passes before the drive-in closes and the free hotel stay. Hubby's boss treated us with the drive-in passes and the free overnight stay at Holiday Inn.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gudrun » Oct 20th, '12, 8:05 am

Hi my friends. I didn't really realized how much I have missed you until I entered the CD front page and clicked my way in here and read all your stories this week. It is so good to see you!
It has been a long time since I was here last time, but this week I got the kindest messages from Marie, Anna and Denise, and I just had to take some little time popping by.
man! I do love this place!
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Oct 20th, '12, 1:31 pm

Gudrun I am so happy to see your smiling avatar and enjoy your OLW messages and posts of the kids. I hope things are getting better and better. love you!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby justmarti » Oct 20th, '12, 3:07 pm

I LOVE those mice slippers, Marie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are adorable. :)

The Mr. took today off from working. We went and jogged around the lake together this morning (well, he ran, I walked ;) ). Now he is golfing with the kids, then we'll go to church tonight, then take the kidlets to dinner. We usually go to church at 9 am on Sunday, then take the kidlets to brunch, but he will be at the office tomorrow so we decided to switch it up a bit. This schedule should only last a couple of months, thank heavens. He goes through these cycles at work - it would be really nice of they could all just balance out. LOL.

Anna - I hope you feel better this weekend. And, I agree - you can buy food so you don't have to cook. :)

Gudrun - Nice to "meet" you! :)

I, too, have struggled at times with staying home. I missed working, but didn't want to send my kids to daycare (Brendan went for the first 2-1/2 years and I just hated it). I worked part-time for a while after Katie was in preschool, then stopped a year and a half ago. I am now looking for something part-time - mainly to keep my job skills up, and my resume from having a big gap, so when I decide to go back full-time, I'll be more prepared.

I am looking forward to next weekend! We have a Halloween costume party to attend on Saturday night, but I'm definitely going to be here for BINGO. :)
Marti
justmarti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Oct 21st, '12, 2:55 pm

Just a quick hello again! I've had a lovely weekend with my Dad and brother + wife visiting. We had a lot of fun, but the weekend went by so fast and I really need to go and get some sleep now. The kids were exhausted tonight. They loved having visitors as well. :)

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Previous

Return to The Day to Day Talk