This Weeks Chat - 10/15- 10/21

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

This Weeks Chat - 10/15- 10/21

Postby AnnaB » Oct 15th, '12, 12:28 am

Good morning! It's 7.30 am here, I just arrived at work and it's dark and raining outside. I don't feel ready for a new week already...!

My Dad turns 70 on Wednesday and he and my brother + his wife will come visit us this upcoming weekend. I'm looking forward to that, but I wish I had more time to prepare!

I hope you all have a good start to your week! See you later! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: This Weeks Chat - 10/15- 10/21

Postby mison » Oct 15th, '12, 1:41 am

Good Morning. Sounds like you have a nice but busy weekend coming up!

We had a lovely weekend with friends. We took the caraven to one of my best scrappy frinds Annika Hedberg, and her family. Had a great time creating (me & Annica...), drinking whisky (the guys) and playing (the kids) ;D Came home exhausted last evening....

Not many plans for today though. I´m going to bed in a couple of hours, since I´m working this coming night.

I think we need to change to winter tyres since they´ve promised snow tomorrow. Brrr... But at least it get´s less dark.
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MalinT » Oct 15th, '12, 3:04 am

Snow already? I keep forgetting about the snow every year... But I love it when it finally arrives! :)

Yesterday I was scrapping all day long with friends, eating candy, thai food and just being ME without kids screaming, had a great time!

Today (well actually this past night) I woke up to reality... We have suddenly some electrical problem in the house causing the fuses to break... My car tells me by lights that something is wrong with the breaks and "anti-spin" system... And lifting on of the kids at 6 am made my back sound really weird leaving me in pain..... Sooooooo...
Doctor at 10,45 am, leaving the car at the carshop tonight, and waiting for the electric guy.

Seems like this won't be the cheapest monday....
MalinT
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby mison » Oct 15th, '12, 3:36 am

Oops Malin, sounds like you better go to bed and wake up again to a new day tomorrw ;D
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandyKay » Oct 15th, '12, 5:36 am

oh no, Malin! That sounds like a run of bad luck! I hope everything(including you!) gets fixed up!

Anna, it sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead!

Mison, I can't imagine having snow yet! It would probably drive me over the edge! I love my autumn weather.

For me, I'm up early and getting ready to go with my 9yr old on a field trip today. I hope it doesn't rain on us :/ Friday the whole family is home from school and work and the hubs and I are going to do some stuff around the house (we are preparing to put the house up for sale) we have a list of stuff to do and I am hoping we knock several items off that list, this weekend.
Have a great week, everyone!
MandyKay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 15th, '12, 6:04 am

Good morning,

Marie...snow!!!!
My worst nightmare. Love your new piccie btw.

Mandy Kay,
Are you moving far away?

Anna, what are the plans for the weekend?
That's hard going having visitors when you work full time.

It's almost 7am in Orlando.
We arrived safe the other day and have had a fun weekend. It's been so hot.
I've just typed loads and managed to loose it all :(
I really struggle with the iPad.
We are heading to Islands of Adventures today.
I hope it's its a hot one again, lots of water rides ;)

We went to a Joanne's yesterday. I got so much scrappy stuff with 40 % off.
Lots of Amy tangerine, basic grey stuff, the ek success border punch note pad edge, tim holtz die.

I must get ready for the busy day.
See you later.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Sherry C » Oct 15th, '12, 7:11 am

Good morning! We had storms last night so I'm a little sleep deprived today - hoping my coffee kicks in soon. The kids are back to school today from fall break. I'm not sure I'm ready to get back into the schedule. Have a great day!

Anna - Happy Birthday to your dad! Sounds like a fun weekend ahead.
Marie- I always enjoy the first snow (not that I'm quite ready for it here!)
Mandy- Good luck with your to-do list!
Lisa- Enjoy the water rides and stay cool.
Malin - Hope you're feeling better soon!
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Oct 15th, '12, 10:21 am

You guys crack me up with all your chit chat in what is the middle of the night in Eastern Daylight Time. Your day is definitely well started and ours has just turned to a new day! I will admit that I was up at 3 a.m. and saw Christine's sneaks! LOVE LOVE LOVE Chi Town so Navy Pier will definitely be a hit for me :0)

Was I dreaming or did I see a camera that maybe a stamp somewhere? Or is it an add on piece from a manufacturer. Did anyone else spot that?

Anyway, working and then my full hair treatment appointment tonight. I hate the time it takes, but I adore the results, so I will be suffering through the 3 hour appt. Highlights, LowLights and a color. The things we women who are grey challenged do.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby justmarti » Oct 15th, '12, 11:29 am

Good morning!

Laura - The hair coloring deal is such a hassle! I agree though - it is better than the alternative. ;)

Sherry - I saw some footage of last night's storms - craziness!

Anna - Your weekend sounds like it will be lovely! Enjoy!

Marie - We got our first snow about ten days ago. Ick. I am so not a winter person.

Mandy - Enjoy the field trip! Moving is so difficult. Hopefully you are able to accomplish everything quickly!

Lisa - Have a great day!!! My son loved I of A, and Harry Potter World. He said the Butterbeer was amazing.

Malin - Feel better soon, and hopefully the car and house issues are easily (and inexpensively) solved. (((hugs)))

We had a nice weekend. On Saturday morning I cut 10" off of my hair to donate to Locks of Love. It is now shoulder-length (it was down to my waist), and much easier to wash/dry. ;) We spent the rest of the weekend just having fun - nothing too thrilling. I have a lunch date with the Mr. today, and the rest of the week looks fairly quiet (yay!!!). Have a blessed day, everyone!
Marti
justmarti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Oct 15th, '12, 1:29 pm

Jumping in with a funny story and then I will come back later and read everyone elses posts. :)

Jess went home this weekend to visit his dad, leaving the boys and I here to fend for ourselves, which is fine with me, except I never sleep well when he is gone. Around 4 a.m. Saturday morning I woke up to a noise in our master bathroom that sounded very much like someone/something rustling through the bathroom trash. My first thought was a mouse, since I had spotted the signs of a mouse in our basement thanks to little boys who leave chip bags out and also the sheetrock guys who had tromped in and out leaving the door open for hours. So I quietly get up and sneak into the bathroom, I have to use the restroom anyway thanks to my pregnancy bladder and as I was sitting there I picked up the trash can and began cautiously sifting through it (which if you think about it was rather stupid, considering if the mouse had been in there it would have scared me to death...luckily I was already seated on the toilet :o ). The mouse was not in the trash can, but evidently hiding behind the toilet because the next thing I knew I saw a flash of something small and furry run in front of me, run into my left foot and then go scurrying into my bedroom. OH MY WORD!! I didn't scream, but I did make a weird noise and drop the trash can. Here again I am glad I was seated on the toilet, since bladder control in pregnancy is pretty nonexistent :D :D .

I did go back and search under all the furniture with a flashlight (as if I was gonna do something about the mouse....I don't quite have it in me to whack a mouse and kill it...Geez). Then I decided that I should probably just go sleep on the couch.

Traps are now set throughout the upstairs and downstairs. We haven't had any mice problems since we moved into the house 6 years ago (it had been empty for about 6 months) & I sure don't want one now. I hate to kill them, but I doubt that they will just leave on their own free will. *Shudder*

Any one have any good rodent ridance tips??
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby justmarti » Oct 15th, '12, 3:44 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I am terrified of mice, Olivia. You poor girl!!!!! We had one once and it ran across my foot and I screamed like a girl. Then I got on the phone and called the Mr. and told him what happened. He worked 45 minutes away and he said, "You aren't expecting me to come home right now, are you?". Uh, yes. Yes, I was. Well, we could not catch the little guy. He kept eating the food off of the traps, but not getting caught. One of our friends suggested sticky traps - they said the trap has an anesthetic that puts the mouse to sleep for good, with no snapping, no mess, etc. Well, we tried it - and I was awakened at 2 am to a sad and screeching little mouse in my kitchen. It was awful!!!!!! So, long story short - do not use sticky traps. They are far worse than the snappy kind. :(
Marti
justmarti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Oct 15th, '12, 6:58 pm

The sticky ones sound awful. I have the snappy ones set out right now, hopefully they will do the trick.

My mom uses sticky traps to catch spiders in their house (she's a serious spider killer). When Carter was 2 or 3 he came out of the playroom at her house wearing one on his foot. It took us forever to get it off and then to get the sticky off. It was quite funny as he tried to walk into the kitchen with it stuck to the bottom of his little foot. She now does a better job of hiding them so the grand kids don't accidently step on them anymore.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Oct 15th, '12, 7:38 pm

OMG, Olivia - I would have freAkeD out! When is your due date? That's enough to bring on labor! lol

ETA - My solution is to get a hungry cat! ;D
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Oct 15th, '12, 8:34 pm

Olivia you are so funny. I am not afraid of vermin unless they are rats. But snakes freak me out. The best traps are the ones you can't see. They go into the little tunnel thing, sniff out some peanut butter (they love it) and thwack. then you can just press a button and they fall into the trash. I highly recommend those kind. reusable too.

Everyone is so chatty.

Lisa hope you are having a blast!

I totally forgot the QOTD today. and friday. it's been a bit crazy here. but I feel much more organized after this afternoon. :)

must run though, I have several invoices to prepare and boxes to ship for tomorrow. Hope you all have a great night.

will see you in the am for coffee.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Oct 15th, '12, 9:05 pm

Crossing my fingers and hoping those little creatures do not visit me this year

We have had mice before. They are awful and hard to get rid of. i too like the traps where they get caught inside and you just dump them out. I have been known to just dump them into the dumpster though and not reuse. ICKY
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Oct 15th, '12, 9:52 pm

Sherry C wrote:OMG, Olivia - I would have freAkeD out! When is your due date? That's enough to bring on labor! lol

ETA - My solution is to get a hungry cat! ;D

Due date is December 18th. Yeahhhh I didn't completely freak out when he ran into my foot, but I still jumped, glad my due date is still a ways off. LOL

I do have a cat, who is quite lazy and would probably tell me he isn't interested. ::) He is an indoor/outdoor kinda guy who likes to come in during the day when we are gone and go out in the evenings. If I tried to keep him in at night to hunt the mice/mouse, he would meow and keep us all awake. He pretty much does whatever he pleases around here.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 15th, '12, 10:05 pm

That's quite a sweet story Olivia.
I like little mice.but not in the house :)

I'm so tired. We had a full day at islands of adventures. We rode on everything. We went in one water ride and came off looking like we'd all just been showed duly clothed. I've never gotten so wet on a water ride before.
Harry potter was fab. The frozen butter beer delish.
We came back showered and then went to Olive Garden for dinner and then a late night shop in sure target.
It's aquatica tomorrow. Seaworlds water park.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Oct 16th, '12, 12:21 am

OMG Olivia! ;D ;D

Lisa, it sounds like you're having a fabulous time! So many things happening! :)

I don't have any news. It's dark. It's early. I need to work. :) But I did finish something for a post for the CD blog yesterday evening, and I was preparing my crop class during the weekend. I can't wait for the Nov kit to arrive and for the Crop weekend to get here! :D
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MalinT » Oct 16th, '12, 2:33 am

I love mice! But maybe not the wild kind inside the house...
When I was about ten years old my parents gave up and allowed me to get two very small black and white "micro-mice"... (Micro asin teny tiny, not as in microwave!) ::)
My mom asked if the petshop owner was SURE that it was two girls, and he was...at least thats what he said,,, a couple of months later my parents had 32 micro-mice in the house and a crying ten year old when my dad did what he had to do,,,, sad story, ;)

I've had two rats too... They were like small dogs, came when you called them! ;D

Olivia you made me laugh high here! So funny!

This morning we had the electrician here, won't be cheap. About 500 dollars....joy.
The car is a mystery.. The fault indicates "pressure sensor HPZ faulty" . But not even toyota themselves don't know what that is... I'm expecting a call today, doesn't sound cheap though....

Back is better! Got a magic pill! A lot of the pain if from my pregnancy.. Don't know the english word for it... When the joints in your pelvis "losen up".. Well 8 months after delivery my legs still go separate ways if I make a sudden turn! ;D
MalinT
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby AnnaB » Oct 16th, '12, 8:59 am

I'm so sorry about the electrician and the car Malin! But I'm glad your back is better.

I am on my way home. Apparently the train that was supposed to leave an hour before this one was cancelled, so it's really crowded since everyone had to get onto this train instead. luckily, I did get a seat.

It's Tuesday, which means that I have a date with my scrappy friends tonight. It seems everyone was busy or ill or just couldn't make if for some reason, so we might cancel. I have a pretty bad cold :( and probably should try to go to bed really early.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to The Day to Day Talk