Football and Baseball related quotes

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Football and Baseball related quotes

Postby Lisa M. Pace » Oct 24th, '06, 9:02 am

I think the last quote is the best.

Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare.  They are consumed in twelve minutes.  Half-times take twelve minutes.  This is not coincidence.  ~Erma Bombeck

If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.  ~Erma Bombeck

The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public.  ~Phyllis Diller

The Rose Bowl is the only bowl I've ever seen that I didn't have to clean.  ~Erma Bombeck

Speed, strength, and the inability to register pain immediately.  ~Reggie Williams, when asked his greatest strengths as a football player

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.  I stare out the window and wait for spring.  ~Rogers Hornsby

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.  ~Humphrey Bogart

You gotta be a man to play baseball for a living, but you gotta have a lot of little boy in you, too.  ~Roy Campanella

Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.  ~Jim Murray

Good pitching will beat good hitting any time, and vice versa.  ~Bob Veale, 1966

I've come to the conclusion that the two most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen.  ~Bob Lemon, 1981

This is a game to be savored, not gulped.  There's time to discuss everything between pitches or between innings.  ~Bill Veeck

The other sports are just sports.  Baseball is a love.  ~Bryant Gumbel, 1981

Baseball?  It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat.  Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes.  It's a sport, business - and sometimes even religion.  ~Ernie Harwell, "The Game for All America," 1955

Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat.  Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound.  Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together.  Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.  ~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968
Hugs,
Lisa P.

it's in the details
Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.  ~Rod McKuen~
Lisa M. Pace
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk