Anyone still chatting??? 13th March......

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Anyone still chatting??? 13th March......

Postby Funky Fairy » Mar 13th, '17, 9:58 am

Hello!!!

I'm still here!!
Anyone else still here?
If so come and say 'Hi'.

It's a lovely sunny day here in England.
Busy work week planned so I need to be really organised.
Menu is done, shopping is done, house is clean, let's just hope everyone tidies up after themselves :)

What are you up to?

It's our 10th wedding anniversary this week. Tomorrow actually.
I'm hoping I can break away from work so we can grab some dinner.

Wishing you a wonderful Monday :) :) :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Anyone still chatting??? 13th March......

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 13th, '17, 10:09 am

Hello Lisa!

Happy anniversary!!!!
I am back from an extended weekend of business and a little reprieve with hubby in Texas and catching up on my to dos, laundry, house tidy-up, tax prep and the like.

Have an amazing week!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby AnnaB » Mar 13th, '17, 3:22 pm

Happy anniversary Lisa!

School and daycare was closed today and J was at home with the kids, while I got some work done. It's been sunny and feeling like spring today as well. Soooo nice!

I wanted to get some art journaling in this evening, but other things just got in the way. :P Perhaps later on this week!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Mar 13th, '17, 5:01 pm

Happy Anniversary, Lisa! Have a wonderful dinner out with that wonderful man of yours....love that special cup you posted the other day.

Miss you and your inspiration Anna; hope you get some creative time in.

I love the people in Texas (we have good friends in Houston and been to Austin a couple of time) and even contemplated a move there.

Yes, I'm enjoying the sunny warm weather for a change. It's been so cold here with temps in the 30's and warming to the 40-50's and lots of rain. Went on our Sunday bike ride with the gang for coffee and pastries. Working on taxes, mom's affairs and packing up the office here.....busy, busy.

Good to see you gals!
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 13th, '17, 10:03 pm

Hello Anna and Julie! So good to see you both here! Hope you find more time to create soon Anna! Julie -0 enjoying your biking! I always enjoy seeing your biking adventures show up in your gallery here at CD. :)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby AnnaB » Mar 17th, '17, 10:30 am

Hello.... it's Friday! Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

Thank you so much Julie! I miss hanging out here. I hope I'll do it more often. I just signed up for the new stamp subscription! It was just totally irresistable! :D

We don't have any big plans for the weekend, but it will probably feel busy anyway. It usually does. :)

The snow in our yard is finally completely gone and more spring flowers are on their way (crocuses). I LOOOVE spring so much!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 17th, '17, 12:55 pm

Hi Anna! Happy St. Patty's Day to you and the rest of the CD peeps here!
It is the start of Spring Break here for my oldest who is a freshman at university. Can't wait to see him tonight. We plan to spend a few days at our cabin and plan to explore and adventure around Arkansas. Looking forward to hiking and such if the weather allows. Hubby will play in his little garage band Sat. night so that will be a bit of fun.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby DeniseM » Mar 18th, '17, 6:13 pm

Hello hello!!!
Suz I hope you have a wonderful time at the cabin. So nice to see your boy! We miss Jameson so much. We just got to see him (via internet) play a lacrosse game today. It's so bittersweet. They are now 7-1 for the season and Jameson has gotten some playing time which is great! He has such a good attitude about it and really happy for his team doing so well. enjoy.

Anna, how are you?? I love Spring to. It just makes me hopeful and energized!! I hope you get some art journaling time in. I have been consistently managing about 2 hours a week on art related play and it is so healing and happy for me!

Julie, taxes for me to. I am glad to hear you are fitting fun things in with all the work/caretaking/chores. I took care of my grandmother until she died (in our home) and it was overwhelming at times but I am so glad I was able to do it. There were many blessings as well as trials.

Lisa, I loved your IG photo of you and Ade on your wedding day! You look like a princess!! Actually, like Belle. Are you going to see Beauty and the Beast? I really want to go but might have to go by myself! None of the boys want to go and even my girlfriends are not really interested. I don't mind going by myself though! I adore Emma Watson and I am excited to see it.

I am just coming out of a brutal flare up of my RA. I can never quite put my finger on what triggers it. I just keep going though. The hardest part is not giving in to the anxiety that it isn't going to get better. It does and I am so grateful when I feel better!!

Hiking is easer now that there is no ice. I am so ready for sunshine!!

Made some corned beef and cabbage yesterday and it was soo good! Actually, Conner made the corned beef and I made the rest when I got home from work. Funny thing is when I was growing up, corned beef was cheap and we had it at least once a month. For St. Patricks day we would have a leg of lamb roast or a roast beef, never corned beef and cabbage. Now it's so expensive! Bill and Conner did say, "why don't we have this more often, it's delicious." I used to make it more often.

I am working on taxes this weekend to. Not my favorite thing, especially when I am not happy with our government but I am sure those who didn't like Obama felt the same way. Still not watching the news as it is so distressing for the most part.....yikes!

anyway, miss you girls so much. I am mostly on IG and hardly go on FB so I miss everything!! Please know that I think of you!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SarahKing5 » Mar 19th, '17, 1:40 pm

Hello everyone!! I'm here!
I've been mia for a bit. My computer crashed a while back but we got it back up and then it fully crashed and I lost everything! I was so sad. I've got the geek squad trying to recover pics from it, but its been a while and they don't have anything for me yet and there wanting to charge me a bunch, :(
I have a computer now to work on again, but I'm trying to figure out everything on the new one. On top of that me and my hubby went for our anniversary the beginning of this month and my poor hubby got food poisoning and when we got back all the kids got sick and have been rotating it for a few weeks, so not fun and not a great start to spring break lol. But hey it has to get better soon right!?

I hope you all have or had a great Spring Break!! I'm hoping the kiddos feel better so we can get out and do some fun stuff!
SarahKing5
Daisy
Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 21st, '17, 4:50 pm

DeniseM wrote:Hello hello!!!
Suz I hope you have a wonderful time at the cabin. So nice to see your boy! We miss Jameson so much. We just got to see him (via internet) play a lacrosse game today. It's so bittersweet. They are now 7-1 for the season and Jameson has gotten some playing time which is great! He has such a good attitude about it and really happy for his team doing so well. enjoy.

That is so awesome that your Jameson is having so much success and fun with lacrosse, and that you got to watch him play. Miss our college boys so, don't we?! Take care you.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jbonomo » Mar 21st, '17, 5:10 pm

Hi Denise! I miss you here too. Happy to hear that you were able to watch Jameson's game, if not live.

Sorry to hear about the RA flare up which got me curious about some possible relief: http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/rheuma ... ent/foods/ I'm sure you have already done the research. I'm all about an anti-inflammatory diet with my COPD, beginnings of arthritis and preventing cancer so we take supplements and try to watch our diet. Glad to see that the weather is improving so you can return to hiking ;-)

Thank you for sharing your recent art projects! Love it and miss it here in the gallery.

Hi Anna! Enjoy the springlike weather. Hi Suz.....it's nice to catch up with you on your QOTDs.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 22nd, '17, 9:31 pm

jbonomo wrote:Hi Denise! I miss you here too. Happy to hear that you were able to watch Jameson's game, if not live.

Sorry to hear about the RA flare up which got me curious about some possible relief: http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/rheuma ... ent/foods/ I'm sure you have already done the research. I'm all about an anti-inflammatory diet with my COPD, beginnings of arthritis and preventing cancer so we take supplements and try to watch our diet. Glad to see that the weather is improving so you can return to hiking ;-)

Thank you for sharing your recent art projects! Love it and miss it here in the gallery.

Hi Anna! Enjoy the springlike weather. Hi Suz.....it's nice to catch up with you on your QOTDs.

I miss Denise and Anna here too, so am happy to see them both posting here and there.
@jbonomo -- We really must catch up on the health front soon! ;)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 22nd, '17, 9:34 pm

[quote="DeniseM"]

^^^ :) Enjoy your Jameson and Connor as well Denise!!!
vvv So sorry to read you had a flare up. Julie (@jbonomo) is right about putting the right foods and supplements in you to help -- also reducing or eliminating the needs for medications OTC or prescription. Glad you are feeling well enough to get out walking again! Take care you.

I am just coming out of a brutal flare up of my RA. I can never quite put my finger on what triggers it. I just keep going though. The hardest part is not giving in to the anxiety that it isn't going to get better. It does and I am so grateful when I feel better!!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby DeniseM » Mar 25th, '17, 10:55 am

thanks Suz and Julie for your kind thoughts. Yes, I follow much of that dietary ideal. I also take supplements. No meds for me so far and I really don't plan on taking them if I can help it.

Much, much better this week. I have been meditating in the mornings now and it seems to help as well. Keeping a good attitude is really the most important part. So many people who struggle with RA and other immune disorders have depression. I am really lucky that I don't. I used to complain about how much I have to work, but now I see it as such a blessing! If I could just stay in bed, I probably would some days but I really really can't. got to get up and get going or the bills don't get paid!! :)

Another beautiful day today! I really want to fit some art time in tomorrow. I am so enjoying my gelli plate and also doing some painting. I am so inspired!!

Lisa, how are you doing? I have been thinking about you all week with the attack in London. I hope you are not feeling to anxious. It's so horrible. I have seen awesome videos of London and the people still gathering and going about their lives happily. We can't give into fear. Love you.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Mar 27th, '17, 7:40 am

Denise, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! And that you are having fun with the gelli plate! I've seen some things you've created on IG - it looks like so much fun!

I spent the entire weekend at a crop with 25 wonderful friends. We had such a good time and it's crazy how quickly a weekend like that goes by! I mostly created cards, much to my own surprise... :D I was inspired since some of the others are fabulous card makers.

Yes, the London attack... it's so sad. J and I are going to London in July. We're staying 2 nights and also going to a concert with Ani DiFranco at the London Palladium. J gave me the tickets for my birthday! I do feel a bit anxious when thinking of going to the big city, but like you say Denise - we can't give into fear. And I'm really looking forward to the trip too!

I hope everyone is having a good start to this new week!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk