Cocoa Daisy Book List 2017 | Suz

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Cocoa Daisy Book List 2017 | Suz

Postby SuzMannecke » Feb 8th, '17, 9:48 am

Hi all!
A previous QOTD post led me to start a new thread here for posting books we have read or want to read in 2017. I will try to keep adding to it as we go, so we can refer back to it throughout the year. Feel free to add your own recommendations and comments on books in this thread. I will try to update the list monthly. :) If you want you can give your book recommendation an asterisk recommendation with **** being highly recommended/really enjoyed the book. I am putting the username of the Cocoa Daisy Member who recommended the book in case someone has more questions about the specific book.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading and enjoying!

COCOA DAISY BOOK LIST 2017
1. Create A Life You Love - Amy Tangerine (SuzMannecke)
2. The Magnolia Story - Chip and Joanna Gaines **** (non-fiction) (SuzMannecke)
3. The Medical Medium - Anthony William (non-fiction) (SuzMannecke)
4. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (@Jbonomo)
5. A Man Called Ove (@Jbonomo)
6. Use Your Brain to Change Your Age by Daniel Amen (Jbonomo)
7. Joy on Demand by Chade-Meng Tan ****(@jjflair)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Re: Cocoa Daisy Book List 2017 | Suz

Postby jbonomo » Feb 8th, '17, 1:10 pm

I just ordered Medical Medium Life Changing Foods published in Nov 2016. Thanks, Suz for turning me onto Anthony William and for posting this list.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Feb 8th, '17, 2:38 pm

Great thread!

Julie, I received A Man Called Ove for Christmas. Haven't started it yet, but it came from a close friend and trust it will be awesome. ;)

I'm currently reading Joy on Demand by Chade-Meng Tan. I'll give it **** though I'm only 2/3 of the way through. :) So far I am enJOYing it very much!!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Feb 13th, '17, 4:57 pm

Lisa.....I'm loving "A Man Called Ove" and have about 60 pages left (337 pages) and finding it a very charming and endearing read. I was a little skeptical at first with a curmudgeon as the main character but am delighted with the writing and following the "hero's journey". Here is a sampling:

"Her laughter catches him off guard. As if it's carbonated and someone has poured it too fast it's bubbling over in all directions. It doesn't fit at all with the gray cement and right-angled garden paving stones. It's an untidy, mischievous laugh that refused to go along with rules and prescriptions."

"He had never heard anything quite as amazing as that voice. She talked as if she were continuously on the verge of breaking into giggles. And when she giggled she sounded the way Ove imagined champagne bubbles would have sounded if they were capable of laughter."

"Sonja's and Anita's bellies kept growing steadily, which according to Rune, made Anita "doolally in the brain." Apparently he had to look for the coffeepot in the fridge more or less daily once she was in her third month. Sonja, not to be outdone, developed a temper that could flare up quicker than a pair of saloon doors in a John Wayne film, which made Ove reluctant to open his mouth at all."
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Feb 18th, '17, 5:34 pm

All the light we cannot see Such beautiful writing.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 8th, '17, 2:29 pm

SuzMannecke wrote:Hi all!
A previous QOTD post led me to start a new thread here for posting books we have read or want to read in 2017. I will try to keep adding to it as we go, so we can refer back to it throughout the year. Feel free to add your own recommendations and comments on books in this thread. I will try to update the list monthly. :) If you want you can give your book recommendation an asterisk recommendation with **** being highly recommended/really enjoyed the book. I am putting the username of the Cocoa Daisy Member who recommended the book in case someone has more questions about the specific book.

3. The Medical Medium - Anthony William (non-fiction) (SuzMannecke)

8. All the Light We Cannot See @DeniseM
9. The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod (non-fiction/personal development) (SuzMannecke)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jbonomo » Mar 8th, '17, 3:01 pm

Suz, I'm loving "Medical Medium Life Changing Foods" which describes various food items (i.e. Papaya), their healing properties and various ways to use them in meals. I have an old Prevention book with similar analysis but this one is much more comprehensive.

My father had been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer back in the 1993 and given 1-2 years to live. He radically changed his diet and lived another 10+ years so I am a firm believer in the power of healing foods.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby seemownay » Mar 9th, '17, 12:16 am

I recently read The Unseen World and I loved it! It is not a quick read and the narrator seems to be very distant but it is fitting for the book and the story is pretty unusual. Highly recommend it!
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 9th, '17, 10:30 am

SuzMannecke wrote:
SuzMannecke wrote:Hi all!

3. The Medical Medium - Anthony William ****(non-fiction) (SuzMannecke)

8. All the Light We Cannot See @DeniseM
9. The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod (non-fiction/personal development) (SuzMannecke)

10. The Unseen World ****(@seemownay)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby SuzMannecke » Mar 9th, '17, 10:33 am

jbonomo wrote:Suz, I'm loving "Medical Medium Life Changing Foods" which describes various food items (i.e. Papaya), their healing properties and various ways to use them in meals. I have an old Prevention book with similar analysis but this one is much more comprehensive.

My father had been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer back in the 1993 and given 1-2 years to live. He radically changed his diet and lived another 10+ years so I am a firm believer in the power of healing foods.

Happy you are enjoying the book Julie and that you got an extra 10+ years to enjoy with your dad because of him empowering himself to heal his body with good nutrition.
My hubs has done the same and is two years c-free. :)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to The Day to Day Talk