This Weeks Chat 9th-15th January

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

This Weeks Chat 9th-15th January

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 9th, '17, 6:57 am

Hi!!

How's everyone?
Did you have a good weekend?
What have you planned this week?

It's a normal work week here.
Hollie has mock exams, but takes it all in her stride.
Louis has a jab at school on Wednesday again Meningitis C I think, he's being manly about it :D

It's rainy and grey here today.
Think I'll pit the coffee on again :) :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: This Weeks Chat 9th-15th January

Postby antenucci » Jan 9th, '17, 4:09 pm

I just crawled out from under CHA work so I am trying to play catch up today.
I'm going to create with my Cocoa Daisy kit this week and make a video ;)
Laundry of course is always calling my name... And then school never goes away.
Otherwise, I think it is just a normal week.
antenucci
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jjflair » Jan 10th, '17, 11:09 am

Settling into the new normal again as school is back in session. Jillian's schedule is less chaotic than last quarter, so that is a welcome change. Can't believe Jeremy is starting his last semester of high school! :o

Anyone else still have their Christmas decorations up? Lol! I usually leave the tree up till Jan. 6th (arbitrary, but use Epiphany as an excuse) but here we are on the 10th. I need the kids to help me with all the ornaments, assembly line tactic of removing from the tree, wrapping each in tissue, packing into the box. Could be the weekend before we get to it.

I'm working on a bookbinding experiment with ugly paper, and will redo with something cool if it works out. I am so impatient. I wanted to jump in on the "real" thing, but didn't want to ruin my pretty paper (some Basic Grey I've been hoarding from their warehouse closeout). After watching Jillian making muslin samples in her sewing classes for the past year, I asked her for advice on mustering that patience. I was hoping for some mind tricks or something. Nope. Just practical truths about working out kinks, getting things right, and then moving on to the real thing with confidence and no unexpected hiccups.

Have a lovely day, my friends! Time to get to work on the day job. :)
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Jan 10th, '17, 1:30 pm

Hey Lisa F......just finished taking down the rest of Xmas decorations yesterday (wasn't feeling well so took the day off and needed something mindless to do) then noticed this morning that I forgot the wreath inside the front door.

You have me curious about the bookbinding experiment. Have you made books before? what technique are you using? I'd love to try coptic, purchased kit from Paige Evans but found excuses to not start. LOL! We did do the ribbon bound album in Julie Balzer's class that was fun but have not made time to make another. Funny you should mention BG warehouse sale; I had to jump on it as well.....sorry they are out of the paper design business....I need to make a book with my old stash too.

This year I signed up for Creative Jumpstart (Natalie is teaching at a LSS in two weeks) as well as Wanderlust 2017. I can't believe it but I'm caught up on lessons......we'll see in a couple of months. LOL!

Back to earning some $$$......Have a great week, ladies.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SarahKing5 » Jan 10th, '17, 2:40 pm

last week and this week I've had sick kiddos and a snow day, and now the baby is sick :( So its been kinda crazy here. We also have a new kiddo in the house. My hubbies oldest daughter that we didnt have is here and there is a learning curve there, but the kids all love each other as we do too. Shes amazing though! with everyone being sick, the learning curve and family and friends in and out for the holidays, I'm happy school started and things are starting to mellow out again.

I have house rearranging to do this week, get the Christmas boxed and totes put away and just like antenucci, laundry! lol And trying to get caught up on my blog and posting here, I feel out of the loop lol my fault though!

My baby girl will be 5months this week and I have one that will be turning 4 this week, so we have a mermaid birthday party this weekend too, along with my youngest boy having a bday party to go to and finishing a puzzle me and a friend started lol

Believe me, this is slower then normal, lol 6 kids, there is never a dull moment!!
SarahKing5
Daisy
Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Funky Fairy » Jan 11th, '17, 4:29 am

Good Morning.
Hot latte in hand, I thought I'd come and catch up.

Oh Lisa, you sound like me. I'm a jump right in with both feet girl too. I'm so impatient. :)
Can't wait to see the outcome of your book.

Julie, you have such cool teachers that come near your way. Lucky You!!

Hey Sarah. Sorry about the sick kiddies. You have so much going on.
Do how old is your step daughter?

We took our deccies down last week, but no doubt the outside lights will stay up all year again ::)
It's only a string of white lights across the front of the house and in the tree. (I have removed the little lit tree from the doorway). It's not like we have a whopping great Santa on the roof :D

I've just prepped bread for tonight. Pulled Pork with homemade bread rolls and homemade sweet potato fries.
I need to sort myself out with food. I've gained 10lb since our last Florida trip (2yrs ago) and although I'm still wearing the same size jeans and tops, I can't do my little summer dresses up :(
I refuse to but new ones as that's the only time I wear them as it doesn't often get hot enough here and I love them so much. Plus they need to be loose enough as it's going to be HOT in August.

I need to get back to work.
I started the day well and need to continue :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jjflair » Jan 11th, '17, 10:54 am

Julie, so awesome that you are taking a class from Nat! 8) I've signed up for CJS, too, but have only watched Nat's introductory video. Look forward to seeing what you create, and for Wanderlust, too! Denise had such good things to say about that course last year.

I have dabbled in bookbinding and adore it. I tried a variation of French Link binding, which is done over tapes. My experiment was to bind just a spine, with flaps to insert scrapbook pages afterward, hoping the flaps will provide a little extra room between pages to allow for photos and embellishments. While I think it looks pretty good, I don't think the flaps are thick enough to accommodate for the bulkiness of even my relatively flat scrappy style. I'm trying to engineer an alternative to 3 ring albums. They are just so ginormous. I have some book board coming in the mail to make the covers.

Sarah, sorry to hear the kiddos are sick. Such a bummer when it gets passed back and forth and back again (No! Knock on wood!). Hope everyone is feeling better in time for birthday celebrations!

Lisa, I laughed out loud over "It's not like we have a whopping great Santa on the roof :D" :D :D
I've committed to at least take down the stockings and clean the mantle today. ::)
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 14th, '17, 7:23 pm

so lovely reading through the thread!
Glad we are all crazy, busy and flawed, it helps not to get down and compare myself!!

:D Gained weight this year to Lisa, decorations came down last week because Bill did it (not me) my house is a mess, laundry piled up and a 50 hour work week makes things a little goofy.

But all shall be well right?
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk