Hello new week 12/12 - 12/18

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Hello new week 12/12 - 12/18

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 12th, '16, 5:57 am

Hello Monday!!

How are you today?
What does this new week have in store for you?

We finish school at Friday lunch time.
Just a regular week for us.
Nothing exciting happening. But that's a good thing :)

Are you feeling organised for Christmas?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Hello new week 12/12 - 12/18

Postby DeniseM » Dec 13th, '16, 6:24 am

Oh gosh no, I am never organized for Christmas! It comes anyway doesn't it??!!
I do have my tree up and a wreath on the door.
I want to try and wrap presents this weekend and do a little baking.

Early day for me. It's cold and 4:32 am!! Did get a hike in yesterday. It was so nice to get out after so many days of wimping out due to the cold! I haven't been feeling so hot either so that hasn't helped. Hopefully this will be a better week. :)

Have a good one ladies!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Dec 13th, '16, 9:43 am

Noooo, not organized at all! But like Denise says... Christmas will happen anyway. :) I just need to get all the presents sorted, for the kids and the cousins of our kids. That's the most stressful part at the moment.

We have our last day of school on the 22nd. It usually isn't that late and it does add to the stress!

This week is also a bit crazy since all the grades are to be done by Thursday morning. I wasn't supposed to be involved all that much, but it just wasn't possible to avoid. ::) I hope I'll feel better once it's all settled, tomorrow evening or on Thursday morning.

We have Lucia celebrations here in Sweden today :) . I wasn't able to come with Tuva to daycare as I was working, but J went there and heard the kids sing. They have been practicing for so long and Tuva has been looking forward to it so much!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 13th, '16, 3:32 pm

Wow that's any early one Denise.

What hours do you have light?

It's light roughly between 7.30am-4pm here.
I hate the dark afternoons :(

You sounds busy Anna.
I bet Tuva's signing was so sweet.
How are the kids doing?

It's all work this week for me.
I did make a lovely fresh tomato pasta sauce today though. White wine, fresh basil, parmesan and cream.
It was yummy.

Hollie is calling me. She's writing an application out for the Arts and Crafts Uni.

See you later :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby kaffekananna » Dec 15th, '16, 6:54 am

Hi girls! Long time no see! Life has been a bit overwhelming lately. This week it's been Lucia celebrations both at work and at my kids kindergarten. I was teary eyed at both! They are so cute and full of excitement. Frank was a bit sour as he wanted to go as a gingerbread man but I only had brown pants for him and a old school shirt and Santa hat. I thought he could be a gingerbread santa but he felt like he looked just like himself. Oh well they were cute! I sat right next to him and sang along and made all the gestures together.

Yesterday we went on an event in the forest where the kids got to look for three santas that gave them a little gift. It was pitch black and we had flashlights, very fun!

I'm not prepared for Christmas at all. We've made Christmas cards together me and frank but that's about all. This weekend we're planning on making gingerbread snaps and caramel and some arts and crafts.

Oh and here the the sun is up between 9 and 15. Look forward to more sunhours!!!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Dec 15th, '16, 11:02 am

Hey, hey, lovely ladies!!

I am also not organized for Christmas. :P
The tree is up but only has two ornaments on it. The mantle still has Halloween cards displayed.
I decided last night that I will make Christmas cards afterall. I had convinced myself to buy them, but came up with a quick hybrid design with printed wreath and sentiment and a fussy cut stamped image in the center. Will finish those in front of the TV tonight.

It's been a melancholy December with one of the mom's from the kids' elementary school days passing away suddenly, and then my friend's finance also suddenly passed away on Monday. :'(
Both were young, vibrant, healthy people. Late 40's or early 50's at most. My poor friend was the happiest I've seen her in years. My heart just breaks for her. :'(

Well, I opened this note with the intention of being upbeat, but the blahs came out. Sorry. I need to go watch some puppy videos on YouTube. Lol.

Jeremy finishes up his finals today, and Jillian will be done tomorrow. Looking forward to having them home and able to relax. They've been working so hard! Looking forward to this weekend-- We've made it a tradition to go see a favorite band perform a holiday concert. :) The kids each bring a friend and it's a bit of a road trip to get there. Mike's parents arrive next week. :) I will strive to have 6 ornaments on the tree by the time they come! Lol!

Have a lovely day, my friends!! Sending hugs and cheer to you and yours!! <3
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 16th, '16, 10:48 pm

Lisa F I am so sorry about your friend's fiancee! what a terrible blow and so sad. My heart goes out to her!
exciting to have the kids home! I laughed when I heard you admit you had halloween decorations still up. Love that.

"Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering.
Everything has a crack in it
That is how the light gets in."

Leonard Cohen

It;s my favorite line. I think about it often when I feel like I am failing at life. At decorating, and having a perfect home and perfect children and a perfect marriage.
All shall be well.
all shall be well.
Love to you all!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk