Weekly Winter Chat 05-11 December

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Weekly Winter Chat 05-11 December

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 5th, '16, 6:39 am

Hello :) :) :) :)

How are you all?
It's a lovely sunny morning. White with frost but blue skies.
How was your weekend?

Our's was a mixed bag.
Louis has been suffering with a cold.
We wanted to have a nice family evening Friday. We got take out and wanted to watch a Christmas movie. Louis kept purposely coughing over us. I'm so fed up with that kid never doing as he's asked.
So the evening ended up with me totally screaming at him.
We kept him home from footy on Saturday as he was well, so I was so annoyed with him when my throat started to hurt and I started to ache in the day. I wanted to get a full work day in and ended up in bed early evening as I even hurt to lay down.
I dosed up yesterday and still worked. We all had brunch together before Hollie went to work at 12.
He went into town with his friends in the afternoon. We gave him money for bowling and food and picked them up at 5pm and then he was obnoxious in the evening.
I'm tearing my hair out with him. He's so unlikable right now. So rude.
The playstation cable has come out today and he's not allowed to go to footy training tonight and I'm emailing his coach to say why.
He just doesn't get it and thinks it's all us. :(

Ade wanted to take Hollie for a spin in her car for the first time on Saturday, but it wouldn't start and whe it did, Ade took it out first and it wouldn't go over 30mph. So that's gone in the garage today and we need to pay £150 to get something fixed.

I've made a veggie soup for lunch and have the base on a cottage pie in the slow cooker for later.

Lots of work going on but I've more or less finished the Christmas shopping.

I would love to do a CD LO today.
I'd planned over the weekend, but just didn't feel up to it.

How are you?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Weekly Winter Chat 05-11 December

Postby DeniseM » Dec 5th, '16, 10:24 am

Lisa I do hope you don't get too sick!

ugh on the car repairs, know how that is! Is Hollie a confident driver? I think it's important to be a defensive driver but nervous. It's pretty exciting when you first get a car!

Louis.......boys just aren't like us Lisa!! It will pass. It really will. Conner and Jameson turned out alright and they were annoying, rude, loud, hyper, never listening. They don't want to sit quietly and have nice meals and watch sweet family movies at a certain age. I remember trying to play a game with them when they were in their early teens and I lost my mind. Screaming, the whole bit. Christmas always seemed so loaded and miserable for those early teen years because they could care less about all the things we used to do that were so special and traditional. I was so sad and heart broken. Now they are delight again for the most part! Hang in there Mom. :-*

off to a bang start this week. I can't wait till my week off!!! :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 6th, '16, 10:12 am

oh my gosh it is so so cold this morning. I am going to skip my morning hike and start work early instead. I think I need to start hiking more in the afternoons. It will still be cold but not as bad!

I am busy helping all my clients with Christmas prep and still not have done anything here at the house. I think we will get our tree this weekend.
Saturday will be the anniversary of my Father's death. It will be 28 years since he died. That is such a long time! It will be nice to get and decorate my tree as a way to acknowledge that. I still miss him but it does feel strange thinking about him. He is been gone for more than half my life now. All of my adult life has happened without him.

I am excited to make something for a christmas present. I bought these blank russian nesting dolls and am going to paint them for my grand daughters. I am trying to find interesting designs on Pinterest. Like animals and girls from all different cultures. I want them to be different, not the typical russian designs. I will definitely post my project when it's finished!

okay, off to work ladies. Have a great day.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Dec 6th, '16, 12:16 pm

Hello Daisies...

Hang in there Lisa! My boys aren't into family movies anymore either. If I want to watch something with them, I have to watch what they want. The other day I watched 'The Grand Tour' with Mikey and Brad. Not what I would have picked to watch, but it was fun laughing along with them. :)

Denise your project sound really neat. I hope you'll share some photos.

I'm having a difficult time getting motivated to do anything Christmas related. I don't know why, or what to do about it. :-\

Oh well. I am off to Walmart to pick up a photo order, and a few other things. Maybe I'll walk through all the Christmas decor, and will be inspired. :)

Toodles for now.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 7th, '16, 4:26 am

Morning Ladies,

I'm keeping away from you all as I'm full of cold and I've lost my voice.
I don't want to spread the germs :)

28years is a long time Denise. I feel sad for you. It's so easy to take parents for granted.
Enjoy putting up your tree and remembering your happy memories.

Hi Terry, how's Chris doing now?

It's not just the movie with Louis, it's everything :(
Everything is hard work with him right now.

I'm off to spend the day in the lounge.
I've just dosed up with a decongestant and I'm taking my December kit to scrap. It arrived late for me and I haven't had chance to catch up yet. So many ideas.

Have a lovely day :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby TerryB » Dec 7th, '16, 11:43 am

Sorry for the constant struggle with Louis Lisa. :( I can't say it was constant with mine. They seemed to take turns driving us mad! The only one we were able to figure out was Mikey. Whenever he acted up, we found we needed to spend more one on one time with him. Sometimes that was hard with three boys very close in age, but it did seem to make a difference with him. The other two was anybody's guess. Nothing seemed to work, and we just tried to stay consistent with love and punishment, and ride it out. It's hard! Hang in there. :)

Chris is doing much better. He still tires out easily, and has stated he really needs to push himself. But he's been skiing, fishing and mountain biking, along with spending days on the couch with the PS4. He's finally starting to put weight back on. He lost 12 lbs, and he was already so tall and skinny to begin with.

I'm still struggling with the Christmas spirit, although I did put up some decorations yesterday. I wasn't sure I was going to do a December Daily this year, but I've got pictures and stories so I guess that's a start. I just need to figure out this years format. (plus I'm still working on my thankful album)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 7th, '16, 12:35 pm

Hello Terry. You have had a tough fall lady! With your diagnosis and Chris's surgery, I imagine you are pretty shell shocked even though you may feel fine. Christmas comes wether we are ready or not right?!
Sending you a big ((hug)) I am glad to hear Chris seems to be getting stronger little by bit. It must be hard to see him so thin, I have one of those to and whenever he gets sick I can't believe he can lose anymore weight! Chris is an active kid to. So glad he is okay though.

It is so bitterly cold. I don't want to hike today but I really want to at the same time. I need to just get over it and dress warm and go!

work work and more work. Jameson will be home in 1 week from Saturday which is so exciting!! Conner is doing good, still can't find a job but he is getting a little unemployment which will help. I have never gotten it, it is so confusing and difficult to navigate. I am sure they do that on purpose. Conner says he can't wait to find work! He went to retail stores to ask about Christmas help but no one so far is hiring. He has a lead on a restaurant job today. Fingers crossed.

okay, breaks over. Have a good one ladies!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 8th, '16, 5:19 am

Have I missed something Terry? Just reading Denise's reply has me worried about you now? :(
I hope you are ok.

Glad Chris is making progress and trying to get out.
Louis has always been my tricky one. Hollie is generally one smiley breeze.
We have parents evening for him tonight. We've never had a bad one, so hoping this one will be good too.

Denise, you must be so excited to get Jameson home next week.
Is Connor looking forward to getting his brother back?
I hope he finds work soon. I know he's a good worker.

This cold sucks.
I'm trying to get all my desk jobs done this morning. I just couldn't face any yesterday.
My head hurts and I feel so rubbish :(
I did scrap 4 CD LO's yesterday though.

Have a great day :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Dec 10th, '16, 1:29 pm

I was thinking the same thing as Lisa, Terry! I hope you are ok!

Do you feel any better yet Lisa? Hoping that you do!

I'm having a hard time finding the Christmas spirit here too. I can't believe there are only two more weeks left! I started working a little again on Dec 1st and it feels good being back at school for a few hours/week. I do have a hard time to let go when I'm not supposed to work, though. Stupid brain that doesn't have an "off button"... :)

I surprised myself today and suddenly felt the urge to create some Christmas cards. I started a little, but it's like I won't believe it's happening until they're finished. :D I think getting back to scrapping and creating would be so good for me!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby seemownay » Dec 10th, '16, 3:31 pm

Hello all,

it's so nice reading all of your chats, I read them all and feel with you. Especially Lisa, with Louis. Linus is the exact same, he is so obnoxious, so loud, so mean to his brothers, so disrespectful and at the same time easily disturbed with the slightest comments, so afraid of life and so tender. It is so hard to balance his moods. The only reason that keeps me going and not giving up is the fact that we all turned out to be ok in the end and so I hope that he will turn out to be a nice guy, too.

I saw you started on your December Daily, Terry - love your layouts! I guess, with being a guest designer here and finishing up other projects, maybe you just needed a scrappy break.

And AnnaB - yay! I hope the love for scrapbooking is slowly coming back. And you will be able to see its healing power. I know there are times when even pursuing a hobby that is supposed to make you feel good and might even be therapeutic just feels like a burden.

Our weekend is a quiet one since it is raining here and M is gone to a conference for another week. So we all just hang out at home. I want to get some scrapbooking (and filming in) but it is so dark, I hope it works.

I am so looking forward to Christmas because then the days will slowly be getting longer again. I really suffer with it being so dark. But it is not as bad as it was when we were living in Germany. So only two more weeks and then it is going to change.
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby TerryB » Dec 10th, '16, 6:42 pm

Hey girls...I'm ok! :) I was diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in September. I'm not symptomatic at all, and it was found through routine blood work. (that's a good reminder to keep up with your routine testing) It's a very slow progressing disease, and the doctor said some people go 10 years before they need any treatment. Having said that...it was quite a shock as you can imagine, but I've gotten more used to the idea. So far, life hasn't changed much. I have to go for testing every 3 month to see how quickly it progresses. Other than that, life as usual.

I did start my December Daily. I have to tell you, that Denise mentioning my diagnosis and Chris's surgery (along with a bunch of other stuff that happened this fall...my MIL passed away, my Mom had a stroke, and I had to have an endometrial biopsy) really made me realize what a role all the stress has played in my life. Once I realized that, it was like a weight was lifted, and I decided to just give myself a break. I decided to cut back on the decorating and Christmas stuff this year, and slowly I actually started to feel like tackling some of it. Sometimes you just need to understand the "why" to put things in perspective. Once I was able to figure that out, the funk started to lift. I feel better, so thanks Denise!

Simone...I'm kinda weird in that I like it when it gets darker early. It just feels cozy to me. I'd never want it like that all year round though!

Anna...I was surprised as well when I started on my December Daily. I wasn't even sure I was going to do one this year. It's creative therapy isn't it?

Lisa...love what you did with the December kit! Hope you are feeling better.

John and I are off to see 'Once' (a musical) at the theatre tonight. I'm so excited about it. I saw it with my girlfriends, and knew John would love the music. I hope he likes it as much as I think he will!

Toodles for now!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk