It's almost December - Chat Week 11/28 - 12/04

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

It's almost December - Chat Week 11/28 - 12/04

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 28th, '16, 5:01 am

Yes, it's almost December.
Has this year flown by for you too?

How are you?
Good weekend?

I just realised I never set the chat up for the weekend. So what was everyone up to?
It's really throwing me with footy kick off always being at midday this season. It feels like the whole of Saturday is taken up now. We aren't liking it. I've lost my Saturday routine.

So Saturday was foot and work.
The kids made fried (oven baked) chicken with homemade waffles and we all watched Krampus together.
Yesterday Ade and I popped to the local mall and got a few Christmas bits and then came home to work. I also made a roast pork dinner.

The accountant is coming over anytime now, so I must dash.

I'm hoping my CD kit comes today :) :) :)

Look forward to catching up with you all.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: It's almost December - Chat Week 11/28 - 12/04

Postby kaffekananna » Nov 28th, '16, 2:40 pm

Hi Lisa!
I'm still dead tired, went back to work this week. Not sure if that's the right step right now but don't have the energy to do it any differently. Have a tiny bit more energy than a week ago though.

Got my new iPhone today and have already set it up. Can't wait to see what the camera will be like when we have a bit of daylight. So far so good.

This weekend was full as ever. Linus went to a friends house so me and the kids hung out. Friday we had movie night and made tater tots and sause for dinner. Saturday we attended an event for kids with our best friends. All of them liked sitting in the fire truck the most. Had to drag Alfred away, never seen his eyes so big! Then we had lunch and did some minor shopping. Our friends came with us home and we made dinner together and had a little sleepover. The kids have been wanting that for ages!

Yesterday was the first Sunday in advent. The tradition here is to go and look at the Christmas decorated windows, there's also a few market stalls and lots of alcohol free Glühwein and gingerbread snaps. Santa was there as well. Linus got home and my friends man as well so we made dinner together. Nice!

This coming weekend is also full of activities. Lots to choose from. Birthday parties, Christmas event, my parents coming over, bringing one of the kids cousins. The general getting ready for Christmas and catching up with ourselves. Both me and Linus have Christmas dinners with our respective work places this week as well.
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 28th, '16, 4:42 pm

Hi Anna,

Sorry you are so tired.
You have been so busy.
Your life always sounds so fun. You do lovely things.
And you sounds like you are getting ready for Christmas.
I wore a Christmas jumper today. Does that count? :D
I'd love to know how you make your tater tots. I've never had them before but they sound good.

Hope you get a good nights sleep.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Nov 29th, '16, 10:47 am

Hello Lisa and Anna!

Just popping back in to the house to grab another cuppa before I go for my hike. I was up at 4am and cleaning till about 8:30 this morning. Now I have a full day ahead but will get this hike in to boost me up!
It has been snowy and cold the past 2 mornings. I actually don't mind it as I am getting older I feel hotter than normal :D and so the cool air feels fantastic!

Anna I am so sorry you are feeling tired. It is so hard with little ones and work. Don't know how you do it!! I was home when my boys were your boys ages. it was hard enough, can't imagine working to. I have a secret though, you will actually feel younger and less tired in 10 years.......promise!! sounds like Christmas is getting an early/exciting start for your little family. Enjoy!

Lisa how was Krampus? Is it too scary?? Conner really wants to watch it but I was worried it would be too creepy. Let me know! I don't mind scary really just not gory.

Got some cool blank russian nesting dolls that I am going to paint for my grand daughters. I am looking for ideas. I don't think I want them to be traditional but more fun. If you have seen any links please share!
okay, off for my hike. Have a great day ladies.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Dec 2nd, '16, 8:35 am

Hi there! It's been way too long and I miss you all. Not much have been happening here though, and I haven't felt like I had anything to say. I went back to work yesterday and will be working just a tiny bit during December, 25%. It's probably good with a slow start and it was fun to meet the students again yesterday, and my collegues as well. The plan is that I'll work 50% in January and hopefully I'll be able to go back to normal soon after that.

As usual, I can't believe it's December already!

Alva and Linus are both playing their instruments at a concert on Saturday and they are going to practice this evening. Linus is playing the saxophone and Alva started playing the flute this term. (Do you say "transverse flute" or just flute?)

I am doing my best not to think too much about work during the weekend. I need to find my "off switch" and not think about work 24 h/day.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk