Hello New Week 11/07-11/13

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Hello New Week 11/07-11/13

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 7th, '16, 5:03 am

Morning Lovely Friends!!

How are you today?
Happy that it's Monday?

It's a chilly start but the sun is shining bright.
I have such a busy week planned.
But we had some great family time this weekend which was really good.

My sister and her family came Friday tea time. (5pm)
We had our baked potatoes and then went to the school for the community bonfire and fireworks. It felt really nice. It feels like the whole village is there.
Ade used to help set it all up with his Dad when he was younger. His middle school teacher (who also taught Louis) was in the alleyway selling the tickets.
It's that kind of village :)

We came back and did S'mores on the gas stove. Too cold to do it outside :D
Then yesterday we drove down to the coast and met Mum and her husband there. They were so sweet and set up a little camp in the trees for us.
Picnic table and rug. They made hot drinks and bacon and sausages in fresh bread rolls and bought lots of treats. It was so much and great to do something as a family. We walked along the sea and we crabbed too. Everyone is always out crabbing along there. There are so many. The kids loved it.

So it's been a good weekend.

How was your's?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Hello New Week 11/07-11/13

Postby TerryB » Nov 7th, '16, 5:47 pm

Sounds like a lovely weekend Lisa. :)

We are plugging away here. We brought Chris home on Saturday, and he continue to make progress each day. It's slow, but slow progress is better than no progress. We had to take him off the heavy duty pain killers, because they made him so drowsy, we had a hard time getting him to eat or drink. We are managing his pain with Tylenol now. It doesn't work as well, but at least he is alert. He asked to go for a walk today, and ate more solid food, so that was really great!

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. (election day) I'm not fond of either candidate, but I know who I'm voting for. I plan to go vote, and stay away from the news for the rest of the day. I'm hoping Chris will feel well enough to go. It will be his first time voting, so he really doesn't want to miss it.

That's all for now. Have a happy week Daisies! :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Nov 7th, '16, 6:01 pm

You're in my prayers Terry! Breaks my heart reading about his pain. So happy to read that he's making progress!! All progress is good and I'd say eating more solids and also wanting to go on walks are two great steps! Might not feel like big steps but I'd say they are the most important ones. Both giving him more energy to fully recover.

And Lisa your weekend sounds lovely! Your life sounds like such an adventure.

We had a nice weekend, the kids were a bit cray cray due to the iPad breaking but I think they've managed well without it. Now there's no questions about it all. The. Time. It's just gone! Forces them to play differently.

We had a minor breakdown at the store. Frank stole a package of party supplies so had to call his dad to pick him up. He felt really bad afterwards and we talked a great deal about it (on his terms, I don't like shoving things down kids throats). He's becoming such a big guy! This evening he asked his little brother to come sit in his lap and watch the kids program on his dads computer "because it's cozy and he wants to sit on my lap". He asked very kindly and listened to his baby brother. So sweet!

A calm week coming up. which is nice as next week will be veryyyyy instense :/
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Nov 8th, '16, 2:40 am

Hellooo! Sounds like a wonderful weekend Lisa!

Terry - I'm glad he's making progress. Ouch on the pain. I hope it gets better soon!

It's snowing here! Kind of nice, but annoying at the same time. ;D I don't have the winter tires on my car yet, so I had to go really slow when dropping Tuva off today.

The election... yikes... Alva said yesterday that she is nervous about it. It says something about how much everyone is talking about it over here, when a 10-year old in Sweden feels anxious. :(

I have been making a whole bunch of cards lately. Perhaps I'll manage to take photos and post some of them today. :) I also hope to do some drawing.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 8th, '16, 4:27 am

Morning!!!
How's everyone?

Wow Anna, that surprised me. Have they been talking about it at school?

Glad Chris was able to get out Terry. Hope the pain eases very soon.
Do you have to wait for the results to come back or do you know already that everything is good?
Must be such a worry.

Oh dear Anna.....the things we go through with kids.
It's certainly a roller coaster at times :)
Funny that you think my life seems like an adventure. I see it as a conveyor belt.
Same old...just keeps going round and round and never stops. If it slows down everything just accumulates and then all comes at once and you can't stop it.
I'd love that belt to stop sometimes and for there to be no repercussions. :)

Right, I need to work.
I had to cancel my friend coming round today :(
I was going to work in the lounge whist she was here and have a coffee but I have too many desk jobs to do so can't do that.

Have a lovely day.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby seemownay » Nov 8th, '16, 6:41 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm still here and reading along and feeling with you all!
Terry - I hope Chris is getting better every day! I mean, that was a huge surgery and it's not even been a week. It must be so painful to see your child in so much pain! You both are in my prayers!

Anna - how old is Frank? He seems to be such a nice little guy. And well, the stealing ... I guess, he did not realize that it was such a big thing.

AnnaB - yes, my sons are also very aware of the election. My middle one is especially afraid that all foreigners including us will have to leave if Trump wins. But I doubt he knew anything about it, if we were still living in Germany. I don't really know what to make of all this ... to me it just shows that something is really wrong with this system (and by system I mean the way politics work in most of the Western world).

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your coffee date. I hope you can get together soon! Friends are so important and especially the exchange with other people when you stay at home all the time. I sometimes feel so isolated.

We just took the kids kindles and screen time away. They have till Christmas to show that they can behave like normal people ... the two older ones have been fighting like crazy over everything. Well ...
... guess, they will be trying to make some YouTube content by themselves instead of always only consuming.
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby AnnaB » Nov 9th, '16, 2:52 am

Woke up to the news... not sure what to say. I just wish the world was more about love and happiness...

To change the subject... we got even more snow during the night. It's suddenly proper winter outside. I don't know how long it will stay, but now that it's here, I hope we'll get to keep it. Snow is so much better than mud. :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 9th, '16, 3:44 pm

Darling Anna, that painting of your's is beautiful. I want to frame it *heart*
You love snow. Are you ready for it??

Simone, sorry your's have been bickering. That's hard.
I feel sorry for my Mum looking back. My sister and I faught all the time. I have so many scars on my arms from her claws.
I am soooooo grateful for kids that are friends.
Hopefully with your's it's just a phase.

Anna, how're the boys today?

Denise....what are you up to lovely?

I've got chilblains again. :( It seems to be a thing for me every Winter now and it's sore.
It's been another busy one, but I've got lots done today. I'm about to get my pjs on and carry on working in the lounge. Let's go and see if Louis is off the PS. It's 8.43pm and he was given 1 hr at 7.30pm.
Shall we place bets??? :D

Lots of love xx
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby kaffekananna » Nov 9th, '16, 5:44 pm

He is a nice guy with the heart in the right place. I focused on finding love today as both work and personal (not to mention the world in general) has been so weird today. And snapped the cutest photo ever of the twin brother sitting together in a chair watching kids programs on dads computer. It was the sweetest thing! He's very tall and talkative for his mere 3 and a half years. Mentally he's three so sometimes I have to remind people of his age. Especially about a year ago when a lot of people thought he was around 4 :/ there's so different expectations on a 4 year old than a kid well under 3...

Tomorrow I'm staying home with sick kids. Again. Alfred coughed til he threw up last night so he gets to stay home. (Sorry for graphic explanation) its actually kinda good for me as well to stay home as I think i have a Sinus infection. My head feels like cotton and I want to pop my eyes out :/

Anna why does it seem like all of Sweden gets snow but us? It's freezing but barely white here :(( hope we'll get some snow when we go visit my family <3
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 9th, '16, 10:50 pm

good grief ladies++++today has been hard++++I live in a liberal College town in a big red state. Missoula was the only place besides the Indian Reservations that voted blue in the whole state++++I love my husband and son so much, they both cried last night. I just felt angry until today.+++++but you know what, we just have to hope for the best. I thought of you Lisa with the Brexit vote. what a shock.+++++Okay, off to bed ladies. Love to you all. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Nov 10th, '16, 2:37 am

Feel better soon Anna, and Alfred!

Yes, yesterday was a really strange day. I was watching the news for hours, not really believing what was happening. And then I had to focus on something positive and made that painting. Thank you for your sweet words Lisa. :)

I guess I have some kind of love-hate-relation with snow. It's pretty - sometimes gorgeous. It takes away the darkness. It's a lot better than rain and mud. But it's still annoying and causes trouble. :D

I walked with Tuva this morning. I should do that everyday, now that I don't have to rush to work afterwards. It took forever though... she had a hard time moving fast in her winter gear.

We don't have as much snow as in Stockholm though. I didn't realize at first how crazy things were, since the news were all about the election. I guess yesterday was a good proof that snow can cause a lot of trouble also here in Sweden, even if we think we're well prepared. Stockholm got 30-50 cm of snow yesterday and it was a little bit too much at once. The buses didn't go, schools closed early and the traffic stood still. People were stuck for 6 hours or more. Crazy, crazy.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 10th, '16, 9:58 am

How is Chris doing today Terry? So good that you can be home with him especially since he still has pain. I hope that improves soon!!

AnnaB how are you feeling? I was so happy to see your little painting on IG. I hope you have some space to breathe and create and rest! Get filled up again!

Lisa I didn't get to comment on. Your bonfire set up, it sounds so charming!
Sorry to hear about the chilblains-not fun! I hear they are painful, is it that cold now?

AnnaK are the little boys feeling better? Where you live in Sweden sounds so much like here. We live in a valley surrounded by mountains and forests and in certain places in Montana it snows a lot in the winter. In Missoula we get much less snow! As far as the stealing, both my kids did it when they were little. I made them go back to the store and give it back. It was hard, they were so scared but the store clerks were both so loving. Hopefully that cured them. I did it too when I was little. I stole some penny candy bubble gum and felt so quilts! Still ate it though. I turned out okay!!

Simone sorry to hear about your guys fighting. It does hurt a mommys heart!
Are you making any knitted Christmas gifts this year? I tell myself when my life slows down I will teach myself to knit!! Which is silly because I do have time, I just think I don't.

It's been so gorgeous here. Very cold and frosty in the morning but glorious in the afternoon! I got finished at 4:30 yesterday so was able to go for a hike just as the sun was setting over the mountains. Really lifted my spirits!

Have a good one girls!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 10th, '16, 11:29 am

Denise, you never fail to make me smile.
Yes my love, you really did turn out ok. More than ok I would say :D
So Anna, have no fear!!
Louis was a biter at Alfred's age.....he hasn't gone on to be a people eater.....yet :D Or that I'm aware of!!
Maybe that's the next phrase. Goodness knows, he goes through them all.

Oh Denise, I'm sorry for the worry. I can understand. It's that unknown.
Let's just hope it all works out positive.
I think Michelle Obama could possibly be a good one next? What do you think?
And like you, we are also in an area where we all generally feel the same....step out of our bubble and people think so differently.
I'm struggling to have a conversation with my Mum lately and my sister actually.
Twice lately they've really annoyed me.
Mum was moaning about being on the bus and hearing so many languages. I quickly reminded her that we grew up in Germany and would have been speaking English on that bus!! ::)

Right, I have a roast dinner to get on.
It's our only evening of everyone being home together this week :)

Hope you are all feeling brighter today xx
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby TerryB » Nov 10th, '16, 12:41 pm

Hello Daisies...we are still chugging away here. Chris has good days, and bad days. It has been a rough recovery, (which was what I expected), but I don't think HE did, and he's not very patient with himself. On the bright side, he is eating better. He lost 12 lbs, and he looks so thin. Gosh, he was so thin to begin with. It's been a week now, and I feel like I'm in post surgery limbo. So thankful that I am healthy, and able to be home and care for him, but also ready to get back to life as I know it. However, I'm pretty sure he feels the same!

Anna....loved your painting, and the pictures of the snow!
Lisa...I had never heard of chilblains before, and had to google it. It sounds painful. Is it something that will go away eventually, or do you suffer with it all winter long?
Denise...I love your positive attitude!

I'm feeling bad for those that are down after the election. I'm not feeling happy or sad, and I don't know if that's good or bad! Maybe neither. :) I will say I was pretty fascinated by the whole thing. I'm not a fan of Trump (or Clinton for that matter) but I'm wondering how the hell he pulled that off. He didn't have the support of the media, or even his own party. It's perplexing. I can't say it any better than Denise though, we have to hope for the best. Fingers crossed!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 10th, '16, 3:33 pm

Hi Terry,
Wow, that's a big weight loss. Poor Chris. He needs feeding up. Yes good job you are able to be home with him. I'm sure he will be back to good health in no time.

I think they are chilblains. I decided that's what they were last winter.
It's started up again since we went to the beach at the weekend. I had thermal socks on and thick wellies.
But my toes on one foot are red and swollen and so sore.

I made a roast dinner for tea and the house stinks!!
I've gone around and lints nice smelly candles and even had to shower and wash my hair. Yuk!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Return to The Day to Day Talk